• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: New 3DS / 3DS XL to hit North America and Europe in 2015

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Feels like they killed their own Christmas in the US and EU.

Mom to store clerk: 'So, if this thing gonna last? They ain't gonna release a new one soon as I buy this, right?'
Store clerk: 'Actually ma'am there's a new one announced for Feb/March.'

Good luck with that.
Or they'll just drop the price.

Nice of them to give retailers incentive not to lower the price drastically in the run up to xmas.

Or they'll just drop the price.

They have no incentive to do that untill the new model is on the horizon. Instead of the usual bargain sales where you you get a model 30% lower than normal, there will be token 5% off here and there, probably needing a voucher too.

They have retailers a reason to deplete their stock slowly and not inform their customers a new model is coming. Bet most places wont even put marketing marterials up until after the Jan sales.

mclem

Feels like they killed their own Christmas in the US and EU.

Mom to store clerk: 'So, if this thing gonna last? They ain't gonna release a new one soon as I buy this, right?'
Store clerk: 'Actually ma'am there's a new one announced for Feb/March.'

Good luck with that.

Yeah, right. A well-informed store clerk? You'll be lucky.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Yeah, right. A well-informed store clerk? You'll be lucky.

Nobody's gonna know that this new one is comin' and it'll sell plenty even without Smash, which is gonna push plenty of normal old hardware by itself. Makes more sense to launch it after Smash.

So I guess I won't be buying Smash Bros. until the New 3DS XL comes our way in NA. I don't have any existing 3DS handheld, so why would I buy one just for Smash when I'd have to buy a new one later to play games only the New 3DS supports? Kind of bad marketing decision.

Top Bottom