• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Concord’ Lead Character Designer Believes “Whites Must Acknowledge Their Privileged Position, And Then Actively Work For Equality” Also Claims The Ju

Jon Weisnewski, the Lead Character Designer for Firewalk Studios, the developer of the recently announced Concord game, is a woke activist that buys into the claim that white people are “privileged.”

Following PlayStation showcasing Concord as part of their most recent State of Play video at the end of May, the game’s character designs were mocked across the internet.

In the Gaming subreddit, user gpetrakas declared, “Concord might have the UGLIEST Characters Designs I have ever seen.”

Others agreed. One user wrote, “Yeah I’m not too keen on the character design either but I am also tired of the Pixar toon look that most team shooters have had since like 2007.”

Another added, “It’s like they asked chatgpt to make overwatch again but strip it off all identity.”

Still another posted, “piss yellow, moldy green, wine purple and blue lipstick. who tf thought this was a acceptable color palate need to go.”

It was not just on Reddit. On X, user Mangalawyer wrote, “Concord is a new progressive and modern shooter for Pc & Playstation. It features five black women, four aliens, three robots, and one white man. It’s incredibly diverse and non-heteronormative. Plus, it has pronouns. Are you excited?”

There's more but this is a long article and I'm on a phone lol.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
mister rogers middle finger GIF

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
It looks like he wrote those tweets in 2020, 10 days after George Floyd was killed. I don't honestly find anything that shocking about his statements, especially in the context of discussing police response.

I think everyone can see the game is pretty woke. This doesn't add much to the discussion at all for me.

ReBurn

Gold Member
This team made the game they wanted to make, DEI and all. When it launches we'll see how much people care. They're probably hoping there are enough people with rainbow hair who will identify with it to carry it.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Wtf are all of the people saying "these posts were from 2020", as if 4 years ago is from this dudes childhood or something.
Because, if you read the tweets I don't honestly think it has much to do with this game at all. The whole nation was having that discussion publicly after George Floyd died. He's basically just repeating a very standard liberal argument that is especially inoffensive if you discuss it in the context of police response or the justice system.

GHG

Gold Member
This team made the game they wanted to make, DEI and all. When it launches we'll see how much people care. They're probably hoping there are enough people with rainbow hair who will identify with it to carry it.

Spoiler: there aren't

This game will fail spectacularly and it will be glorious.

I'd just like to know which idiot greenlit this.

BigBeauford

Gold Member
Because, if you read the tweets I don't honestly think it has much to do with this game at all. The whole nation was having that discussion publicly after George Floyd died. He's basically just repeating a very standard liberal argument that is especially inoffensive if you discuss it in the context of police response or the justice system.
Well thankfully none of that attitude from four years ago (while the game was in development) will permeate into the final product.

Last edited:
As if this was ever in question when it was showed who was making the game.

Not one of you fucks had better bend the knee and play this piece of shit.

So…everyone was upset at conservatives getting cancelled and we should just do the same thing?

Don’t buy the game based on the merits of the game itself, not the political beliefs of someone who worked on it

I can assure you that a huge portion of the products you consume and games you buy are done so by people with similar beliefs

BigBeauford

Gold Member
So…everyone was upset at conservatives getting cancelled and we should just do the same thing?

Don’t buy the game based on the merits of the game itself, not the political beliefs of someone who worked on it

I can assure you that a huge portion of the products you consume and games you buy are done so by people with similar beliefs
The high road has led us to a manure farm.

Top Bottom