• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Concord’ Lead Character Designer Believes “Whites Must Acknowledge Their Privileged Position, And Then Actively Work For Equality” Also Claims The Ju

MrMephistoX

My issues are not with this guy and his opinions. He is free to have them and the Internet mob will have their way.

My issue is how creatively bankrupt this game is and especially his character designs. But, I guess he could only deliver on what the room full of suits demanded from him.
That’s my stance consistently I really don’t mind if a developer strives for inclusive game design and DEI I only care about the gameplay, character design, and art direction: all of which look insanely middling at best and bland at worst.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Pretty much.

Anyone who is political trying to purposely divide people by race, gender, sexual preference, hiring quotas etc... are to a T is exact definition of discriminatory or bigoted. But I got to say I am pretty surprised the employee is that bold publicly admitting to making blanket statements about white people on social media. Goes to show how proud they are doing it for all to see.
It's almost as if a certain demographic isn't blanketed "privileged" when it comes to verbal criticism. In reality, it all comes down to the current ideology power structure and money.

I don't dislike this game's design, actually like it, despite just copying Guardians heavily, but having human pronouns in a game where aliens, mostly humanoid aliens though, seemingly play a role and a non human actual non binary could be used, is a definite misfire. Or is there? A robot as he/him. WTF. If it is intelligent, fine, give it rights to vote and what not, but it is still an it and produced and assembled somewhere and outside of earths/english biological nomenclature.

Why even do fixed characters? And have genders assigned to them? A good character editor where you chose your looks and assign the abilities you want would be today the best solution, leaving sex and gender out all together. You look how you want to look and are perceived however you are perceived. Just make the cutscenes with a dozen or so predefined heroes, showcasing the abilities and leave their sexuality out of the picture unless you want to add some most probable awkward sex scene in one of the videos. Interspecies sex would be certainly important in a by design repetitive shooter.

Anyone has to seek just and fair situations for anyone. Why singling out whites on some rabbithole guilt quest? Germans have loaded upon themselves guilt towards jews, but does that make any unjust hostility from anyone else better? "Whites have to" or any other group, is fundamentally flawed and basically reverses what it actually should be.

Last edited:

Myths

For fk sake, leave this shit out of video games. We don't give a crap about your views.

As Blackman, it's hard to see these garbages with their garbage takes.
Or just don’t buy or play the game. In the state we live in, revenue will determine if it's lucrative cause for business.

Top Bottom