• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 companies profiting the most from war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They benefit most of the military-industrial complex defense. But I don't think they benefit much from war except the aircraft/weapon systems they sell that get shot down.

And with the wars we've been fighting, except for helicopters, not much of the stuff gets shot down.

Except for the drones, the wars may actually hurt them in an odd way because it is pretty clear that we don't need a lot of shit that they build. It is counter-productive to buy tons of expensive fighter jets when you are fighting guys with AK-47s riding around in Toyota pick-ups.

Doesn't matter that stuff gets used up or destroyed, the production will always continue as long as fighting is going on. We are not losing tanks to armored combat yet we are constantly building new ones, and in no way do we even need those tanks in this day and age. Technology is always progressing and for any little thing also it becomes an excuse to upgrade and continue spending. So much gear just ends up in storage anyways or eventually transferred to a base or armory somewhere such as a national guard location for it to sit and be maintenanced yet never used for years. Thousands of SCAR rifles were purchased for the US military and then it was decided to not replace the M4's, yet they kept partial contract going and continued to receive shipments of the rifles even though it was no longer being issued to the troops. All those weapons just being stockpiled somewhere, they even took the rifles away from ranger units that were using them to store away while giving them back the M4's... yet we still kept getting more even with the military recalling the rifles.

Unicorn

The company I work for produces parts and pieces for 3 of the 10 companies listed. Just last week I took over 9000 parts to a local heat treating facility. These parts are part of the fuselage of bombs.

ezrarh

Top ten companies benefiting from government spending? Too bad the government can't give out contracts for something more useful than stuff to blow up guys with AK47s.

ibszmSleIM1g4x.jpg

ATF487

I work for one of them, it's not so bad. Not sure how long I want to be here for, but for the next year or two it'll be alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom