• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 threads in 1. Favorite non famous racing game? 2. Bring back ________________________ Racing Series!

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Project Gotham for sure, but I’d also like to see those older PlayStation ATV racings games and like Pure / Motorstorm games done on ps5

iu

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Never considered myself a racing games kind of dude, but as a kid I really enjoyed this one:

Aside from that, I also love the F-Zero games and wouldn't mind giving one of my kidneys for them to come back. I think F-Zero X is my favorite of the bunch, it plays like a dream (a 60fps N64 game!) and the OST is lovely too:

Last edited:

IAmRei

If only there is New Ridge Racer.
I'm also liking cute cartoony Mini Moto X game. looks like newer Atari Sprint with some style twist like racing car toys in some dioramas.

I want these to return btw :
- Ridge Racer, my all time fave, need more though. like 4, there is small simulation mode where you had motivation from the small stories.
- Racing lagoon, dubbed "racing RPG" by square when they are still king of RPG back in the old day.
- Auto Modellista, I like the graphic, so cool and looks different.
- NfS The Run is kind of okay, i enjoyed that game back before.

There is also turn based RPG for Initial D in GBA. good stuff <3 though it's japanese only game.
Anyway for toys-alike racing, I like Mini4wd battle in Yakuza games. it's even better than real brand tamiya's ever produced.

mitch1971

Gold Member
V-rally and the track editor.

Motorstorm (I'd also take the first one as a remake in a heart beat.)

Last edited:

Yonyx

Banned
Favorite non famous racing games
1. Wreckfest
2. Colin McRae 2.0
3. Hydro Thunder Hurricane

Bring back:
1. Wave Race
2. Driveclub
3. Hydro Thunder

kunonabi

My favorite racers are wave race 64 and episode 1 racer but I wouldn't say those are unknown by any stretch. As for bringing something back there was this Yu-Gi-Oh racing game that were built a deck instead of just random pickups that was a super cool in concept but the actual vehicle handling was so awful that the game was basically unplayable. I would love a sequel or at least another attempt at a racing/card game hybrid.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Probably unknown game:
Le Mans 24 Hours aka Test Drive Le Mans for the NTSC crowd.

Bring back:

Burnout on closed circuits

Split/Second

aWPeQjn.gif

Kuranghi

1. Fond memories of Midtown Madness, just pissing about and crashing.

2. Burnout (Revenge gameplay) on closed tracks

Last edited:

Hudo

Favorite non-famous racing game:

1. Re-Volt
2. Race Driver: GRID
3. Flatout

bring back:

1. Motorstorm
2. Wipeout
3. Burnout

thief183

99% of these games are all famous...

I want POD back. Now this is kinda famous too for non console only ppl...

Sintoid

Buggy Boy
I want it back so hard
I would be ok with a simple PC/Console port with proper analog stick or racing wheel support

It was so ahead for the time that it's still fun to play after almost 40 years

Last edited:

AndrewRyan

Favorite non famous racing games
Race Pro
TOCA2

Bring back:
MotorStorm
Blur
Split Second
Racing games not published by EA

DaGwaphics

Brink Back

Speed Devils
Flatout

We need more crazy arcade racers. Not enough of those today outside that cart one that is popular.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Favorite non-famous racing game
San Francisco Rush & 2049
Beetle Adventure Racing
Sled Storm

Bring back:
Motorstorm
Racing Lagoon
Jet Moto

Last edited:

MrRibeye

Best non-famous racing game: Trackmania
Trackmania-Preview-03-Part-4-1030x579.jpg

Bring back: Motorstorm & Twisted Metal by mixing the two into a new innovative mashup.
51D1L925OjL.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom