• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
as i said in the previous thread, Going to take the Heat at least 3 games to adjust to the varisity league, so as much as i hate doing so im going with Spurs in 6.

Cipherr

Heat in 6

Only way Heat win is if role players show up and somewhat can compete against Spurs bench, otherwise there is no way.

Nah, this team can have their guys play long minutes. Lebron can play a full game easy 7 games straight if need be. Fuck the bench. But even if it came to that, Miami has had their bench players light the fucking house up in the last 2 finals, no idea why people keep pretending they won't be a factor.

Tapiozona

Banned
Man I hope Spurs shit on Miami. Don't let LBJ get a fucking three peat.

*salty Cleveland fan*

If he 3 peats he'll have done what needed to be done in Miami and need a new challenge, I.e. win a title for Cleveland. How epic would it be for his legacy to not only 3 peat but also win one for Cleveland, his hometown, the city he left only to return with vindication. It doesn't hurt that with their amazing draft luck they'll be able to build a solid team around him. (All preplanned by The NBA)

This isn't coincidence people. This is the best storyline in the NBA.... Ever.

You can take it to the bank. This will happen

Gray Matter

I'm not a heat hater, but 4th straight year in the finals it gets boring. There's no parity in the NBA, it's always the heat and some dominant team from the west.

Hellix

If he 3 peats he'll have done what needed to be done in Miami and need a new challenge, I.e. win a title for Cleveland. How epic would it be for his legacy to not only 3 peat but also win one for Cleveland, his hometown, the city he left only to return with vindication. It doesn't hurt that with their amazing draft luck they'll be able to build a solid team around him. (All preplanned by The NBA)

B-but he promised Miami 8 championships.

Fjordson

That Pop gif in the first post is great. What caused that reaction was pretty funny. Manu got asked by Ernie Johnson about the job Pop has done this year and Manu answered with a monotone "it's okay" :lol

Odir3MR.jpg

I hope to god that the Heat don't win. Just so my old roommate who used to LOVE the Cavs who suddenly now LOVES the Heat doesn't get the satisfaction of a 3-peat. Fucking Lebronies.

Nah. Bosh and Wade will both opt out this year and take less money from the Heat so they can sign Carmelo. And then, do something no team has done done in modern NBA history - 4peat!

Dr.Acula

Banned
Nah. Bosh and Wade will both opt out this year and take less money from the Heat so they can sign Carmelo. And then, do something no team has done done in modern NBA history - 4peat!

I still want them to sign Darko and have all the members of that draft class on the floor at the same time.

genjiZERO

Mike won 6 in the 90s. Nobody cared.

MJ was almost universally loved though. No one cared because the ride was so much fun. Also I think in general, while Chicago was always winning, the overall competition was amazing.I don't think the same is true now.

Onemic

Spurs in 6

MJ was almost universally loved though. No one cared because the ride was so much fun. Also I think in general, while Chicago was always winning, the overall competition was amazing.I don't think the same is true now.

Definitely. The east has been historically bad this year and the last 2 years they were terrible as well, except the Heat.

Espi

Banned
I hope to god that the Heat don't win. Just so my old roommate who used to LOVE the Cavs who suddenly now LOVES the Heat doesn't get the satisfaction of a 3-peat. Fucking Lebronies.

It's 2014. You can watch any team you want in any league you want, whenever you want. Why not root for your favorite player? Why be a "loyal" fan to some team that probably has no intention of ever trying to win?

Maybe it's just from being a former Knicks fan that I just don't care anymore. Found basketball way more enjoyable when I became a bandwagon Blazers fan because I love watching Lillard play.

In terms of both parity and strength of competition, this generation of basketball is unequivocally better than the 90s. The athletes are faster, stronger, more skilled, and more talented, and almost every team in the playoffs in the West won 50 games.

Fjordson

It's 2014. You can watch any team you want in any league you want, whenever you want. Why not root for your favorite player? Why be a "loyal" fan to some team that probably has no intention of ever trying to win?

Maybe it's just from being a former Knicks fan that I just don't care anymore. Found basketball way more enjoyable when I became a bandwagon Blazers fan because I love watching Lillard play.
What is this shit. Heathen!

zero_suit

In terms of both parity and strength of competition, this generation of basketball is unequivocally better than the 90s. The athletes are faster, stronger, more skilled, and more talented, and almost every team in the playoffs in the West won 50 games.

I'm pretty sure they're talking about the Leastern Conference.

ampere

I'm not a heat hater, but 4th straight year in the finals it gets boring. There's no parity in the NBA, it's always the heat and some dominant team from the west.

Bill Russell won 11 championships in his 13 years in the league.

Parity is higher now than it used to be, but I agree it's not as good as the NFL.

Rather refreshing to see the Spurs admit they wanted Miami, that they want to wash that bad taste out of their mouth. Time to see if they can do it.

Bowser

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
NBA teams to suffer regular-season sweep of 0-4 (or worse) were 0-25 all time in best-of-7 playoff matchups against that same team until ...

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Until Miami beat Brooklyn & San Antonio beat OKC to make it 2-25 all time. Heat and Spurs swept by those two teams during the regular season

Pretty incredible.

entremet

Rather refreshing to see the Spurs admit they wanted Miami, that they want to wash that bad taste out of their mouth. Time to see if they can do it.

Yeah, but it's kinda moot since Miami was a deadlock to make it out of the very weak Eastern Conference.

bionic77

Spurs in 6.

I would have picked 5 but one game will swing for the Heat on the refs.

This assumes that Parker is healthy enough to destroy Cole, Allen, Wade and whatever other bums Miami sends at him. As we saw last year even without a healthy Parker it is still an even matchup.

Miami is so thin after the big 3. I think the only way they win is if Bosh turns into Hakeem for 3-4 games.

Also a huge mismatch between coaches. Only Phil and Carlisle can hang with Pop with a clipboard.

Spurs in 6.

I would have picked 5 but one game will swing for the Heat on the refs.

This assumes that Parker is healthy enough to destroy Cole, Allen, Wade and whatever other bums Miami sends at him. As we saw last year even without a healthy Parker it is still an even matchup.

Miami is so thin after the big 3. I think the only way they win is if Bosh turns into Hakeem for 3-4 games.

Also a huge mismatch between coaches. Only Phil and Carlisle can hang with Pop with a clipboard.
Hopefully Pop doesn't pull some crazy dumbfuck coaching moves like sitting Duncan during that game 6 crazyness and Parker in OT

I hate it when people say this, as if the other team just doesn't care what happens or not. Everyone's on a mission. The fuck did the Heat put in all of this work for if they didn't care if they won the title or not?

Okay fine Spurs are on a more important mission. The fire in their hearts is unequal to anything the Heat can muster.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Oh boy, the exact same teams that are in the finals every year now. I can hardly contain myself...

Check it, only four teams have come out of the west in 16 years.

1998–99 San Antonio Spurs
1999–00 Los Angeles Lakers
2000–01 Los Angeles Lakers
2001–02 Los Angeles Lakers
2002–03 San Antonio Spurs
2003–04 Los Angeles Lakers
2004–05 San Antonio Spurs
2005–06 Dallas Mavericks
2006–07 San Antonio Spurs
2007–08 Los Angeles Lakers
2008–09 Los Angeles Lakers
2009–10 Los Angeles Lakers
2010–11 Dallas Mavericks
2011–12 Oklahoma City Thunder
2012–13 San Antonio Spurs
2013–14 San Antonio Spurs

WoodWERD

OP is sorely lacking the GOAT Rocky gif from last round. I'm going with Spurs in 7, with game 7 being a WCF style blow-out. It will be glorious.

entremet

2005–06 Dallas Mavericks
2010–11 Dallas Mavericks
Dat parity.

2005–06 Dallas Mavericks
2010–11 Dallas Mavericks

Feel bad for OKC that year, they went through all the Western Conference teams that have won championships last decade and still lost in the finals.

Cipherr

Mike won 6 in the 90s. Nobody cared.

Mmmhmm

MJ was almost universally loved though. No one cared because the ride was so much fun.

Newsflash man, everyone who isn't a butthurt hater is loving THIS ride too. This team plays good basketball. Just because you are miserable when they win doesn't mean everyone else is.

2005–06 Dallas Mavericks
2010–11 Dallas Mavericks

Such competitive, very parity, wow.

2005–06 Dallas Mavericks
2010–11 Dallas Mavericks
We're nothing if not predictable.

TomShoe

Banned
The Spurs are better, the Heat are just older. I look forward to enjoying a nice salty cup of tears as the Spurs win it in 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom