• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

25 minutes of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD English gameplay

Looks great visually, very impressive considering it's a PSP game. But the gameplay looks boring and repetitive and that battle music would drive me crazy after a while. Not too sure if I like Ifrit's thong lol.

How much control do you have over the AI of your classmates when you aren't controlling them? Is there a gambits system or something? Or should you be constantly switching?

Jotaka

Is that you Mitch? lol
TZlNIpc.png

smGOlOy.png

sn00zer

Woah....a bit weird looking, some insanely good looking assets mixed with a pretty barren environment....but those character models are fantastic

salromano

Would be hard to compare with only off-screen footage. The shadows and lighting look way beyond anything PSP could do.

IGN uses a video player that breaks up the file.

Alas, I learned this but minutes later trying to download it myself. ='/

CorvoSol

Wow, the visuals are -significantly- improved from the PSP version. I know there have been interviews and such about it, but I do hope this means they've done some touching up to the story and RTS segments, then, because they could really make something of this game with the right polish.

As always, here are my thoughts on whether or not it was a good game. I'd like to remind people to kind of expect it to be like Crisis Core, but I think this video gives you a good enough idea of how the game plays.

Wow, the visuals are -significantly- improved from the PSP version. I know there have been interviews and such about it, but I do hope this means they've done some touching up to the story and RTS segments, then, because they could really make something of this game with the right polish.

As always, here are my thoughts on whether or not it was a good game. I'd like to remind people to kind of expect it to be like Crisis Core, but I think this video gives you a good enough idea of how the game plays.
I loved Crisis Core, so this is good to know.

Graphics look nice. Gameplay looks dreadful, though. Really stiff looking. I don't like that SE insists on making Final Fantasy's combat more and more action based.

SerodD

IGN has a Portuguese sub-site?

It does and is so bad, I get sent there almost 75% of the times I try to enter the US site... It's pretty idiotic of them to redirect people like that for extra views on a bad site.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
They should add a lock on feature that only goes to the enemy you've locked on to. Otherwise it seems like it could get troublesome.

Looks really good, especially the characters and the animation of the characters in action looks great.

Really liking the voice work too.

Top Bottom