• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Update Now Available: Adds Miiverse, L+R to activate camera, etc

GamerSoul

North America's new communities

Fire Emblem Awakening
The Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Mario Tennis Open
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Star Fox 64 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Tetris Axis
Pilotwings Resort

Yessssssss. Now to find my 3DS charger :3

Robin64

why did you repeat what I said with a "No" in front. That sentence makes no sense.

Because you assumed screenshots were the replacement for achievements so I showed you two (of many) Nintendo games that do have achievements.

They just don't add to a pointless e-peen score, sorry.

Platy

I absolutly LOVE how the european community for Style Savvy/New Style Boutique has half of the posts in french

Also, the japanese Fire Emblem community is like a collection of waifu drawings =P

Forsythia

Is there any way to sort your favourite communities? It annoys me greatly that the sorting makes no sense, I just want them in alphabetical order.

D-e-f-

Banned
Was surprised to find that Miiverse on my Wii U knew that I owned Fire Emblem Awakening even though it has been at least a month since I played it.

That's not Miiverse or your Wii u that knows this, it's your NNID that knows this. Though it seems to "forget" after about two months or so. I hadn't played The Wonderful 101 since September and a few weeks ago I commented on someone's post and it didn't remember that I had played it. So I'm guessing it's two months after it "forgets" for some stupid reason.

That's not Miiverse or your Wii u that knows this, it's your NNID that knows this. Though it seems to "forget" after about two months or so. I hadn't played The Wonderful 101 since September and a few weeks ago I commented on someone's post and it didn't remember that I had played it. So I'm guessing it's two months after it "forgets" for some stupid reason.

I'm surprised it can forget. Had to check my Activity Log, but it has only been about a month since I played Fire Emblem. Really disappointing if true.

While I'm sure the NNID keeps track of this now, it has to have gotten my 3DS info from something else. Obviously not Miiverse, but I figured the NNID just accessed whatever system keeps track of the Activity Log.

watershed

Banned
North America's new communities

Fire Emblem Awakening
The Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Mario Tennis Open
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Star Fox 64 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Tetris Axis
Pilotwings Resort

Fantastic, some great games here and sharing screenshots from Zelda and Fire Emblem in particular should be awesome.

Elija2

So you can take screenshots of Kid Icarus: Uprising, right? But since the game has the trading card scanning mode that uses the camera, wouldn't it be possible to upload a picture of yourself onto Miiverse?

So you can take screenshots of Kid Icarus: Uprising, right? But since the game has the trading card scanning mode that uses the camera, wouldn't it be possible to upload a picture of yourself onto Miiverse?

You've been banned from Miiverse just for posting this here!

D-e-f-

Banned
I haven't played Pilotwings Resort in well over a year and it still remembers that I played it. How odd.

Yes that's not surprising right now as it has JUST copied over your data. But check again in mid-February and your checkbox will likely have disappeared if you don't play it until then.

Nintendo UK got back to me regarding my question. Its odd
In regards to software purchased in another region, if you delete this content, you will be unable to re download this again, however if you perform a system transfer, the content will carry over to a new console
I thought when you system transferred you had to re-downoad everything on the new system? Still if the system gets stolen you're out of luck. You may not require the police report to get the content onto a new system (not confirmed) but you will be unable to re-download it. I might reply asking that...not much point as Nintendo UK customers services can't change how NNID works (they might be able to feed back to Nintendo UK that it sucks and Nintendo UK can then tell NOE but then NOE has to tell NCL and by that point it is purple monkey dishwasher).

Also the error code trying to download Snapdots on the UK shop is apparently due to issues with connecting to an access point...thats the problem with eShop error codes, every single one can be due to connection issues rather than genuine problems.

M3d10n

Nintendo UK got back to me regarding my question. Its odd

I thought when you system transferred you had to re-downoad everything on the new system? Still if the system gets stolen you're out of luck. You may not require the police report to get the content onto a new system (not confirmed) but you will be unable to re-download it. I might reply asking that...not much point as Nintendo UK customers services can't change how NNID works (they might be able to feed back to Nintendo UK that it sucks and Nintendo UK can then tell NOE but then NOE has to tell NCL and by that point it is purple monkey dishwasher).

Also the error code trying to download Snapdots on the UK shop is apparently due to issues with connecting to an access point...thats the problem with eShop error codes, every single one can be due to connection issues rather than genuine problems.

Content from the target system needs to be re-downloaded. Content from the source system is transfered.

I imagine they handle it like Bravely Default. Bravely Default has some AR stuff using the camera but it just disables the ability to post screenshots when you're using it.

Khaz

After a long and nonconstructive epistolary exchange with Nintendo Customer Support, they "passed (my) feedback onto the relevant department," and "apologised for any inconvenience caused." Not much else to expect I'd say.

So to this day I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, as I either
- get a UK NNID but give up on my streetpass representation and my ability to use euros
- get my country NNID but give up on playing one-language games like Layton, Inazuma Eleven, Link's Awakening in english or any other foreign language
- don't get a NNID and give up on Miiverse, demos and whatever free stuff they put up.

[edit] And the ability to redownload the one-language games if I bought them and register a country they're not available in. They said I should be able to with a NNID and if I couldn't I'd have to get back to them. Frankly I won't risk it.

I dread the eventual day when this is mandatory (they better get multiple accounts on one system working then...though I'll still have impossible titles unless I avoid buying games not available in Australia and make the primary account Australia...which is awkward).
[edit] And the ability to redownload the one-language games if I bought them and register a country they're not available in. They said I should be able to with a NNID and if I couldn't I'd have to get back to them. Frankly I won't risk it.
That is a change over the last few days...so I'd also not risk it. Plus it is not about the present if you ask me but the future too.

That said, you got further than me. I finally decided to reply contesting the point about system transfer. It is not always possible to perform that (system breaks or is stolen) so it is not a safeguard in any form. That triggered the auto response of "we're sorry your system has been stolen/lost. Please provide the following details which we will forward to head office".

So I basically re-sent the point I was making.

I also made the point about Pokemon bank (I'm still bitter about this...I know people with 3DS and one of them might have an NNID so I should be able to borrow their system to use it but it means I lose out on Celebi unless I figure out how to make this fake GTS stuff work in Gen IV/V and Pokebank doesn't eat the hacked one) pointing out that not using Miiverse or demos was enough suffering and I bought a Gen V Pokemon to use Pokemon Bank.

Khaz

In the end I kept complaining about not being able to buy a foreign version of some of their games, using the example of Layton vs Louvre. Me saying I was disappointed by their service is probably what triggered that last reply.

I just realised they never replied to my enquiry about settling in a different european region and using the local eShop. Their replies are always so vague you're never quite sure what they're replying to.

Inotti

Slight necro bump, but should I download this if I have no interest in NNID or miiverse?

At some point some new game will recuire latest update so you need to update sooner or later. And if you want to use eshop, you should download. Creating NNID is not required to use eshop. :)

rpmurphy

By the way, with the update to the Settings diorama, there's also one icon on its flipside. The little guy looks familiar but I don't remember where it's from. Anyone know?

LayLa

By the way, with the update to the Settings diorama, there's also one icon on its flipside. The little guy looks familiar but I don't remember where it's from. Anyone know?

interesting little easter egg, looks a bit like a PC? don't know what it means though.

Robin64

This sounds interesting, but I can't see what you're seeing. Whereabouts?

Elija2

It's the little helper icon from the Internet settings in the system settings.

Busaiku

How about mk7 or 3d land? I know it has a community but idk how to take screenshots of them

If the community supports screenshots, all you do is press the Home button (during the moment you want to take that screenshot) and make a post on Miiverse through your 3DS.

Top Bottom