• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan rumour on upcoming Xbox events and new game reveals

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
The thing is .. Microsoft is doing just great when it comes to powerful console but I’m tired of people or Staff at MS building the hype and at the end most of the new games are small ones not even consider as big AAA ... but at the end I really wish Xbox has many awesome new exclusives games ( new Alan wake please )

heading to Sony .. well I’m not worried when it comes games

Elenchus

Banned
The thing is .. Microsoft is doing just great when it comes to powerful console but I’m tired of people or Staff at MS building the hype and at the end most of the new games are small ones not even consider as big AAA ... but at the end I really wish Xbox has many awesome new exclusives games ( new Alan wake please )

heading to Sony .. well I’m not worried when it comes games

So you’re blaming MS for unconfirmed rumors? If I start a favorable rumor for PS will you blame Sony for that as well? Hilarious.

All very exciting stuff (esp. Halo!) but we just have to wait and see. Rumors are just rumors.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
So you’re blaming MS for unconfirmed rumors? If I start a favorable rumor for PS will you blame Sony for that as well? Hilarious.

All very exciting stuff (esp. Halo!) but we just have to wait and see. Rumors are just rumors.

dude .. I wasn’t talking about rumors , I know this one is still rumor I was pointing something i saw in a specific situation.. So don’t start shit war on me cuz I’m not buying that attitude..

GymWolf

Gold Member
cmon show me new fable.
i hope he maintain the soul of the brand, i don't want a generic fantasy action rpg without the charme of the first game.

Reactions: GHG

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
cmon show me new fable.
i hope he maintain the soul of the brand, i don't want a generic fantasy action rpg without the charme of the first game.
Its definitely not generic. But I think its mostly there own game with little to do with Lionhead's Fable.

The Alien

Banned
Cool. I think the only "news" is that there would be 2 events in the next 2 months.

Everything else has been known or rumored.
  • Fable existence = worst kept secret. Reboot supposed to be heavily inspired by Witcher, at least visually.
  • Halo open world was rumored months back.
  • Forza may be open world too...def something different coming.
  • Obsidian's next project is supposed to be fire (tbd if Outer Wolrds 2, but could be the fantasy RPG in development they were bought for).
Regardless should be exciting. Happy to have next gen news coming.

Bernkastel

• Forza may be open world too...def something different coming.
Forza Horizon is the open world Forza. Here they are talking about Motorsport which is getting an engine overhaul. It will also showcase Ray Tracing.

Last edited:

Rolla

Banned
He mentioned talking to one of the executives and they must told him off or were dismissive or something. I honestly do not remember. He and I took a selfie and went on our way. That is the extent of which I have ever really spoken to him. I don't really "know" him I just know of him and have met him by pure coincidence at E3. As for Klobrille yeah I have no damn clue who he is.

Timdog once got kis kids to draw pictures of Phil Spencer and posted this on twitter.

Timdog once posted that he wished he could shine Phil Spencer shoes on twitter.

Timdog once posted a vid on twitter/youtube of him stalking people outside of bestbuy swearing XBOX was going to win an NPD... They didn't.

Timdog is a sycophant. Not a gamer. Not a reliable source. And certainly not an insider.

Major_Key

perm warning for starting troll/bait threads
omg obsidian part touch me. Please be real.

This. Hope is Skyrim clone.

But damn shit if this leak are true. Fable,Big new Japanese IP, Halo infinite is already better than 8th gen xbox.

The Alien

Banned
Forza Horizon is the open world Forza. Here they are talking about Motorsport which is getting an engine overhaul. It will also showcase Ray Tracing.
Yep about Forza Horizon. But from what I've heard, in addition to the engine overhaul, very significant game format changes are coming to the racer.

Format will be open world-ish. Rumors and discussions also center around racing on different textures (as seen/alluded to in the Game Awards Series X reveal, and quotes from the devs about tire wear and pavement vs gravel).

We'll have to wait and see. 😜

Bernkastel

Yep about Forza Horizon. But from what I've heard, in addition to the engine overhaul, very significant game format changes are coming to the racer.

Format will be open world-ish. Rumors and discussions also center around racing on different textures (as seen/alluded to in the Game Awards Series X reveal, and quotes from the devs about tire wear and pavement vs gravel).

We'll have to wait and see. 😜
Dont know where you "heard" it but Motorsport is pure sim.

Elenchus

Banned
not to be obnoxious, but how do you know it's not generic if we haven't see shit about the game yet?
do we have any new material that i haven't see yet?

Same reason people get excited for a new game from their favorite dev. Playground is a proven entity. This is a new genre but these guys know how to build an open world and are extremely talented.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Same reason people get excited for a new game from their favorite dev. Playground is a proven entity. This is a new genre but these guys know how to build an open world and are extremely talented.

Playground has already proven they can build spectacular open worlds with Horizon. They've already proven they can make polished, high scoring games with Horizon. We just have to hope they've hired a great writer to give us a story that matches their talents and Fable will be one of the BIGGEST games of next gen.

Bernkastel

So... ummm Halo, Fable, and Forza.... that's not exactly news!
Plus Obsidian, reboot(Perfect Dark probably) and some Japanese game(Mistwalker like partnership again maybe).
We already know about Hellblade II, Project Mara and Everwild.

Kagero

I said I wanted a Fable revival in an old post. Next up, is a Gears 1 remaster :p (not going to happen no doubt) Very curious about the big Japanese exclusive. Wait hold on, It's TimDog. Never mind :\

fallingdove

Playground has already proven they can build spectacular open worlds with Horizon. They've already proven they can make polished, high scoring games with Horizon. We just have to hope they've hired a great writer to give us a story that matches their talents and Fable will be one of the BIGGEST games of next gen.
An open world car game is very different than an open world action/adventure game. Bethesda are recognized among leaders in the space and they are batting less than 500.

I wish Playground the best, it’s great when studios get to step away from the genres/titles they are expected to produce to try something new.

Elenchus

Banned
Plus Obsidian, reboot(Perfect Dark probably) and some Japanese game(Mistwalker like partnership again maybe).
We already know about Hellblade II, Project Mara and Everwild.

Well none of those games are confirmed to be a post apocalyptic third person adventure game strategically set in a forest to focus all graphical fidelity on character models so those games don’t count. This is GAF after all.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
The Halo part sounds good I hope it's totally different from Guardians. Less Prometheans and more Covenant would be great lol

The Fable part sounds good too I've always said they should reboot Fable to more realistic like The Witcher 3

Jesb

I have a gut feeling that Xbox smashes it out of the park with their Series X. I completely passed on Xbox for the first time with this gen, but I think they will have some great games this time around. They have their work cut out for them but I think they have been on the up of making better moves. I’m curious what the killer app is going to be for that system. I’m not sure if it’s halo or gears anymore.

Bernkastel

I have a gut feeling that Xbox smashes it out of the park with their Series X. I completely passed on Xbox for the first time with this gen, but I think they will have some great games this time around. They have their work cut out for them but I think they have been on the up of making better moves. I’m curious what the killer app is going to be for that system. I’m not sure if it’s halo or gears anymore.
#believe

Klayzer

Gold Member
Xbox has a lot of positive momentum going into the nextgen releases. Stoked at the possibilities for its games lineup. I know people make fun of Phil, but he's the reason for the renewed interest in the Xbox brand for me. The guy absolutely makes sure gamers that invest in Xbox gets a lot for less. In my opinion, we should only care what benefits us first.

Top Bottom