• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Switch in Every Stocking

Deerock71

I never said ms had anyone by anything. Not sure why your yelling, everything is going to be ok.
You equated Microsoft's cash on hand to Nintendo's. Microsoft might have more, but Nintendo is in the position that if they lose everything...then they've got nothing to lose. I'd bet my money on the cornered wild animal, because they've proven themselves to be a badger bigger animals regretted entangling with time and time again. Yamauchi laughs from the grave.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
nwAwV0v.jpeg
Crazy to see the silent hill 2 chick on Santa’s lap and not asking for plastic surgery.

THE DUCK

Banned
You equated Microsoft's cash on hand to Nintendo's. Microsoft might have more, but Nintendo is in the position that if they lose everything...then they've got nothing to lose. I'd bet my money on the cornered wild animal, because they've proven themselves to be a badger bigger animals regretted entangling with time and time again. Yamauchi laughs from the grave.

Nintendo has proven over time they know how to release good and bad hardware. I expect they will continue to flourish with switch 2, though not to the extent that switch 1 was, depending on the competition in the portable space. I don't think or Nintendo need to react wildly, since as we have both established, they have war chests (and or other revenue lines in ms's case). I'd love to see the wild Nintendo animal though release a regular console again.....I want to see that talent with 30tf.

consoul

Yeah cool. They could just sell OLED Switches with a free game for $199 because it's Xmas and they're not interested in making profit anymore.

DKPOWPOW

I’ve said this before, but I think the only way to push a significant amount of Switch consoles this holiday and still maintain a presence of sales for Switch 1 after the successor launches is to release a Micro/Pocket sized Switch

Much like the GBA micro which came and went too fast, I think it would be a hot item. Most people who want a Switch have one, but I think many (like myself) would bite on a pocket sized Switch. Even with the successor on the horizon, because we just don’t have a portable like that anymore.

But it’s questionable whether Nintendo (and NVidia) would want to go thru the manufacturing process of another Switch revision so close to the unveiling of the successor.

Soodanim

Thanks for the clarity, and here I thought having a switch oled, steam deck oled, ps5, pc and xbox, I had my portfolio pretty diverse, but you sure set me straight. I must be a console warrior.
For some people fanboyism is based purely on having an opposing opinion

Top Bottom