• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayon

AARO director accuses Grusch of lying under oath

kpgsultz8peb1.jpg

The battle has begun.

There is some kind of tug of war going on here.

FUN!!!!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
People say Lazar is not credible because he lied about his degree, built rocket powered cars, and ran a whorehouse.

I say that's my kind of guy.
Claims he has a master's degree in physics from MIT and a master's in electronics from Caltech, but there is no record of him attending either one, eh. And he has multiple criminal convictions, for aiding and abetting a prostitution ring and selling illegal chemicals across state lines.

Sounds about right for a con artist prominent ufologist.

Darchaos

Of course all this happens in Kkona of America, aliens fly 1000 of lightyears just to crash in Kkonaland......And then somehow no one comes forward with solid proof of the biggest thing ever in human history, couse resons. Guys, there is a world outside USA and sometime im not sure some of you understands and or knows that. FFS......

Kids, dont do weed and thinfoil.

Crayon

Claims he has a master's degree in physics from MIT and a master's in electronics from Caltech, but there is no record of him attending either one, eh. And he has multiple criminal convictions, for aiding and abetting a prostitution ring and selling illegal chemicals across state lines.

Sounds about right for a con artist prominent ufologist.

He really knows how to party.

Nester99

Of course all this happens in Kkona of America, aliens fly 1000 of lightyears just to crash in Kkonaland......And then somehow no one comes forward with solid proof of the biggest thing ever in human history, couse resons. Guys, there is a world outside USA and sometime im not sure some of you understands and or knows that. FFS......

Not my info, Hope it helps

UFOs have been reported on every single continent. People are just woefully misinformed if they think this is just an American issue. France has had a continuous department dedicated to UFO reports called GEIPAN for more than 50 years. Australia, the UK, Brazil and many other countries have released citizen reports. Mexico and South America regularly report ufo activity. Brazil famously conducted hearings last year in front of their congress. France released a report in 1999 called the COMETA report which came to the conclusion that the Phenomenon is of extraterrestrial Origen. France also has had a continuously staffed public department that any citizen can report UFO’s and will be investigated. https://www.cnes-geipan.fr/en/search/cas

One of the most famous and well researched cases from this department is from 1966 - the Strange Case of Dr X. This case was covered extensively in Jacques Vallee’s book Dimensions. Here is a good short explainer video on this case.

The UK has also released ufo policy files and records https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-...ghting-and-policy-files-idUKLNE72205120110303

Here is the info from the UK National Archives and their executive summary

https://webarchive.nationalarchives...apInTheUkAirDefenceRegionExecutiveSummary.htm

New Zealand official information

ABC News Report on Russians and UFO’s from 1994 https://youtube.com/Iwjb1I4fnV4

One of the best documented cases - The Rendelsham forest incident happens on a US base in the UK.

All of what I mentioned is a simple google search away or simply search this subreddit.

A recent post from Australia archives

ItsRedacted short doc on Canada, crash retrievals, American Defense Contractors from more than 1 year ago

Brazil just released new UFO docs covering incidents from 2022 mainly from commercial pilots

Here’s some additional information

Colares

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Night of UFO’s timeline and video pictures https://YouTube.com/jOJEXw7qB34

Official government website

https://www.gov.br/en/government-of-brazil/latest-news/2022/official-ufo-night-in-brazil

IlGialloMondadori

Gold Member

Incredible. No one has ever made this gotcha. You’ve enlightened the masses and awakened the sleepers. If only someone had brought this up before…

Last edited:

Darchaos

UFO dosent=Aliens, but there is one country that going hard for that. Guys, there is no Aliens anywhere on this planet. Is there some form of life somewhere out there, i have a feeling it is. Atleast i hope so.

PSYGN

I do think there's something out there, whether it's just a rare and unknown atmospheric phenomenon, military hologram, or... aliens. I don't wear a tinfoil hat but the mystery that shrouds it keeps me interested, kinda like Big Foot myth in GTA: San Andreas, lol.

Last edited:

Crayon

I do think there's something out there, whether it's just a rare and unknown atmospheric phenomenon, military hologram, or... aliens. I don't wear a tinfoil hat but the mystery that shrouds it keeps me interested, kinda like Big Foot myth in GTA: San Andreas, lol.

After being interested in all this since I was a kid, I finally settled, probably ten years ago, on the conclusion: "Welp. People are definitely seeing some weird shit." That's all I ever came up with. :<

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Because:
1, alien life would most likely only know of our existence by signals sent from earth, so in that respect, we only sent out detectable signals from earth around 130 years ago (radio waves)
2, even if the above is correct they would have to be looking in the right place and space is incomprehensibly vast.

Edit:
3, with 1 being true, even at the speed of light to get to us they would have to have known about us 130 years ago and still get here so they would actually have to be within 65 light years if they left the moment they detected us to get here now never mind the 60's
In the scope of a universe being billions of years old, is it that far-fetched that a civilization 1,000, 2,000, or even 10,000 years more advanced than us exists? That would explain both the technological capabilities and the time it would take them to get here. Even a difference of 10,000 years out of 14,000,000,000 is a variance of less than 0.0001%.

I don't understand why you and others are putting human-like restrictions on their means under the guise of it being limited by our current understanding of physics and technology. Before the Wright brothers, lots of smart people thought human flight was impossible. You're assuming they would identify us via radio waves and not a method we're not yet aware of.

The fact is, we don't know what methods they might have of identifying life in the universe or means of travel. And there are accounts of seeing strange things in the sky from very far back, longer than 130 years ago. Religious texts have a record of something like that happening. Not saying it was the aliens...but...

I'm also not saying I know with certainty what's going on, but to preclude the possibility with such authority seems misguided.

I believe Lazar. Regardless of the crazy shit he did. Are we gonna pretend people who have held important positions have never done wild shit in their lives? When has that ever been true? Lol

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I believe Lazar. Regardless of the crazy shit he did. Are we gonna pretend people who have held important positions have never done wild shit in their lives? When has that ever been true? Lol

Evilore literally listed all the bullshit Lazar has come up with. The only possible way anyone could lend credibility to him is due to extreme confirmation bias, and a complete unwillingness to accept the truth. You’d do well to ignore such a fucking dumbass.

Last edited:

Crayon

Doing shitty things doesn't disprove or prove what he did or not. Having said that there are plenty of other people to prop up over him.

Well you are correct. We are getting somewhere thanks to really credible people though. In fact, I think a lot of people here are really leaning on that fact and rightly so. There is so much doubt about Lazar -and I think it's all warranted skepticism- that his testimony goes to junk status. It's like an analytical lab report where i tell you there is metal in your water in one page. But without pages and pages of qc to back it up, that info is useless, even if the amount of metals reported is right on the dot and agrees witha correct, complete report.

It would actually be really sad if he was telling the truth but managed to make himself look like a con all these years. If it comes out that all Grusch's claims are true though, Lazar will be vindicated in some round-about way.

Sophist

Bob Lazar "gets a migraine" when people ask him for hard, disprovable details on the things he claims to know.

Bob Lazar™:
Pulling the Unsatisfying Wife Move
Since 1989​

It's because of the secret government using antennas to disturb his brain waves. The same secret government that has erased all his academic records and forged criminal records to discredit him.

Tygeezy

How do you react to emails from Nigerian princes asking for your help with a wire transfer?
I would completely ignore Lazar but I’ll ask you the same question that FunkMiller FunkMiller has ignored me on. Do you think we should follow up on these claims and allocate resources to finding out if this testimony is legitimate? I think that’s all a lot of us are asking.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I would completely ignore Lazar but I’ll ask you the same question that FunkMiller FunkMiller has ignored me on. Do you think we should follow up on these claims and allocate resources to finding out if this testimony is legitimate? I think that’s all a lot of us are asking.
Not aware of any compelling evidence as to the existence of extraterrestrial visitation at this time.

Raonak

Banned
I'm trying to figure out the extent of the claims
Does anyone have a full summary?

So does he claim that people know that people have interacted with aliens, and that they have communicated with the aliens to understand their motives?
Also what's this thing about interdimensional brings come from.

From all accounts, it doesn't seem like the UAPs have actually acted in a hostile manner, and may not even have any offensive capabilities at all.

Crayon

I’m not sure how we can continue to have a good faith discussion if we can’t even come to a middle ground of following up on these claims from this testimony.

Put another way, if this turns out to be an elaborate psyop against the public to cover for a massive misapropriation of funds injected into defense contractors, I'd be shocked if anyone maintained this was all a waste of time. Same for a foreign power leapfrogging us in tech, us hiding developments that would threaten the oil industry, etc. We are running out of truly pedestrian explanations.

So does he claim that people know that people have interacted with aliens, and that they have communicated with the aliens to understand their motives?

From all accounts, it doesn't seem like the UAPs have actually acted in a hostile manner, and may not even have any offensive capabilities at all

From all accounts, it doesn't seem like the UAPs have actually acted in a hostile manner, and may not even have any offensive capabilities at all.
hzgR6mJ.png

Most of what was at the thing. Sorry it got cut off.

He was asked about government making contact and he said he can't confirm or deny publicly. Makes me think they have.

As far as the interdimensional he was making a point why they call them NHI. They don't want to show bias as to what they might be, he was given examples of other potential possibilities.

My assumption is UAP's have a lot of weird phenomenon associated with them that is hard to explain. So maybe the thought of some dimensional species is thrown around with some people. Not that he believes they are that.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I’m not sure how we can continue to have a good faith discussion if we can’t even come to a middle ground of following up on these claims from this testimony.
Have you been appointed leader of the brain trust?

At this point, if someone is unable to, at the very, least hold the position of, "yeah, this is weird, there needs to be more investigation", I find it hard to take them seriously.

Over the last 3-4 years there's been a whole lot of goalposts moving. Does that mean you have to take everything these witnesses say as fact? Absolutely not.

People will get lost in the minutiae of things with our current frame of reference when it comes to our knowledge of space/physics/propulsion without sitting there and asking themselves, "what the hell is going on?". At the same time, I find the true believers to be about as annoying, if not more so, than the eternal skeptics. Like most things it's most likely to be somewhere in the middle.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
At this point, if someone is unable to, at the very, least hold the position of, "yeah, this is weird, there needs to be more investigation", I find it hard to take them seriously.

Over the last 3-4 years there's been a whole lot of goalposts moving. Does that mean you have to take everything these witnesses say as fact? Absolutely not.

People will get lost in the minutiae of things with our current frame of reference when it comes to our knowledge of space/physics/propulsion without sitting there and asking themselves, "what the hell is going on?". At the same time, I find the true believers to be about as annoying, if not more so, than the eternal skeptics. Like most things it's most likely to be somewhere in the middle.
Scientific training doesn't make one close-minded, but lack of scientific training can make one credulous.

To be clear. I am very excited and it SEEMS like I'm a true believer. For me it's just fun to speculate. That's the truth. I like the idea of it potentially being true. IMO none of us knows the truth till this gets properly investigated and even then people will have doubts one way or another.

Scientific training doesn't make one close-minded, but lack of scientific training can make one credulous.
Well said, I100% agree.

To be clear. I am very excited and it SEEMS like I'm a true believer. For me it's just fun to speculate. That's the truth. I like the idea of it potentially being true. IMO none of us knows the truth till this gets properly investigated and even then people will have doubts one way or another.
No doubt, I didn't mean it as a shot to you per se. I think you know the type - the ones that literally take all UFO stuff they see on the internet as fact or near fact. I love to speculate as well. Me and a friend had a UFO conversation that went into full batshit territory over cigars and beers a few weeks ago, but we also had more than a few good laughs about it all.

The world seems to be getting increasingly weird. We all handle it in different ways, I guess.

Well said, I100% agree.

No doubt, I didn't mean it as a shot to you per se. I think you know the type - the ones that literally take all UFO stuff they see on the internet as fact or near fact. I love to speculate as well. Me and a friend had a UFO conversation that went into full batshit territory over cigars and beers a few weeks ago, but we also had more than a few good laughs about it all.

The world seems to be getting increasingly weird. We all handle it in different ways, I guess.
Yeah I get that completely. It's kid me coming out and getting to nerd out at the possibility of this being real. It's just fun to speculate on what could be the biggest story of all humankind. It could totally be fake but hey I'm gonna have my fun till we find out for sure. Lol

Crayon

Sort of split into stuff they said in the hearing and stuff they promised to provide behind closed doors. With the closed doors all the juicy stuff of course.

The interdimensional tangent was weird to me. I'm no physicist but sounded like talking out his ass.

Last edited:

Raonak

Banned
hzgR6mJ.png

Most of what was at the thing. Sorry it got cut off.

He was asked about government making contact and he said he can't confirm or deny publicly. Makes me think they have.

As far as the interdimensional he was making a point why they call them NHI. They don't want to show bias as to what they might be, he was given examples of other potential possibilities.

My assumption is UAP's have a lot of weird phenomenon associated with them that is hard to explain. So maybe the thought of some dimensional species is thrown around with some people. Not that he believes they are that.

Thanks, so no actual claims of aliens? Non human biogenic could be either aliens or just test animals...

The claims are so hard to prove and disprove that it's hard to actually care without actual evidence to back the claims. Seems like so many people are jumping to conclusions based on nothing.

Anyway. Secret government tech seems to be the most easiest explanation behind literally everything including why everything is kept under wraps.

Last edited:

Crayon

Thanks, so no actual claims of aliens? Non human biogenic could be either aliens or just test animals...

The claims are so hard to prove and disprove that it's hard to actually care without actual evidence to back the claims. Seems like so many people are jumping to conclusions based on nothing.

Anyway. Secret government tech seems to be the most easiest explanation behind literally everything including why everything is kept under wraps.

D5b.gif

Sleepwalker

I guess that’s a no then?

Well it's 2 different things, evilore is talking about Bob Lazar while you are refering to the congressional hearing. This thread would be much better if people didn't share whatever shitpost they find on reddit/twitter and focused on the actual stuff, instead we get underwater cthullu in the artic and that Carter cried because he was told we were made by aliens and religion is fake.

Last edited:

Well they aren't saying ET or aliens for a specific r reason which he said.

The example is not because its actually a dog!

It's because they don't want to have a bias on what it could be.

If they say ET then that has to mean from deep space. What if these beings lived under our oceans? Fravor mentioned seeing an object under the water and the tic tac went under water....so they could be in our oceans. What if they are dimensional beings that pop in and out between dimensions? What if they've lived on earth longer than us?

Non-Human intelligence is just a broader term. Not a loop hole to trick people ( at least to me )

Also it's not entirely true that he didn't specify aliens either. He's described the space craft of non human origin. Exotic origin. Which shows it's not about human tech. The craft being non human is pretty specific because a test animal can't create that. It kinda makes it clear cut.

Last edited:

Crayon

Well it's 2 different things, evilore is talking about Bob Lazar while you are refering to the congressional hearing. This thread would be much better if people didn't share whatever shitpost they find on reddit/twitter and focused on the actual stuff, instead we get underwater cthullu in the artic and that Carter cried because he was told we were made by aliens and religion is fake.

I think awhile back someone started posting hollow earth stuff and a line was drawn lol. Anything ufo related should fair game though. I don't see what's wrong with posting bob lazar when everything around this is weird af anyway. As far as I know, this thread is not here to prove anything.

Romulus

The biggest problem with "government secret tech" is ww2 pilots reported extremely similar unknowns like Fravor at the hearing. This continued to.happen through the 50s, 60, all the way until the 2000s across several countries.
Just seems ridiculous this is a worldwide coordinated conspiracy of secret tech spanning several nations and eras. Even the radar operators are "in on it" I guess.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

The biggest problem with "government secret tech" is ww2 pilots reported extremely similar unknowns like Fravor at the hearing. This continued to.happen through 50s, 60, all the way until the 2000s across several countries.
Just seems ridiculous this is a worldwide coordinated conspiracy of secret tech spanning several nations and eras. Even the radar operators are "in on it" to I guess.

The worldwide conspiracy part is the part I struggle most to believe, even more than aliens being real. You think Putin or any other USA enemies wouldn't have come out by now and said the americans are hiding extraterrestials? It's the lowest hangest fruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom