• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mafia |OT| - Making Animal Friends Is Awesome!

squidyj

I think we should take a step back from hobohodo, for a couple reasons. We don't want to end the day early when we could have more discussion. We also only have one uncontested explanation about what happened on n3 even though the n4 self-target is suspicious. What was the name of Franconp's role again?

So at the start of the day Haly and Ezekal said they thought ourobolus was amon the most mafia in their opinion and I voted on Ourobolus. It's generated quite a response from Darryl but I was honestly expecting to see more from Ouro about it, instead he moved directly onto praising mazre's deduction completely ignoring things.

So.... if we're right on Hobo we kill a mafia, if we're wrong we kill Doctor+.
I think the question is is there a person in the game that is nearly as scummy as hobohodo seems right now, someone where we would have the same confidence in voting him out. if we can find sucha person it might be wiser to vote them out instead and not take the risk we are taking with hobo even if we don't necessarily believe his claim right now, it's something that we can revisit the next day.

Iif we lynch someone who we think might have been trying to protect hobo (which i admit it looks like I am doing here) and they turn out to be mafia we go into the next day all but guaranteeing that hobo is mafia.

From the start of this day I've wanted to see ouro out and while I think its 80/20 in favor of hobo being mafia, i think it's 100/0 in favor of ouro being mafia, because of his hiding, his "me too" posting, his sheeping, and his general lack of response to things I think he should be responding to.

Darryl

Banned
I swear I read this message

What kind of investigator needs to enter a house to investigate?
One without binoculars and a phone tap, that's who.

Now an eviction? That requires getting up in someone's face.

And just thought he threw in the towel and came out of the closet. That read to me like a goodbye message, like a final "fuck yall". Now he's apparently still arguing it out and hot shot has a fucking case for him.

Razmos

Mwahahahahahhaha
people-staring.gif

Now we play the waiting game

Right, well, that's the day over then. Regardless of whether Hobo is HHA or not, I'm pretty sure that one of the people who voted for him is. So:

Ourobolus
nin1000
Razmos
EzekelRAGE
Haly
franconp
Kalor
Darryl
ultron87
Timeaisis

Why? Well first I'd just like to say that although I said I would vote, I decided to abstain for a somewhat selfish reason: I knew the day would end relatively soon with Hobo getting evicted. Like, there was no way that wouldn't happen, so I thought I might as well let everyone else do it so I can get as many slots on that list as possible.

Now. The list. Let's go through the options here:

Probable situation: Hobo is HHA - So it turns out he's HHA, we've got someone wooo! But look, after the lie got pointed out, there's been barely any defense. Like the closest thing was squidy telling us to hold off so we can talk a bit more. "So? How can you defend that without looking hella suspicious?" I hear you ask. Which is fair, but then thinking into that, there's no better way to remove suspicion than to be in the voting group getting rid of the HHA, right? Bussing, as I believe people in the thread have called it. So yeah, if he's HHA then it's highly plausible at least one of the people in that group is trying to gain trust.

Not probable situation, but still possible: Hobo is telling the truth but is just a bit shit - Welp, there goes the doctor type role. Fuck. Who does this give an advantage to? The HHA, of course. So obviously, if it came out that he could block their evictions, even if it then looked like a lie, they'd want to get rid of him just to be safe, right? And better to do it in the daytime to avoid him being able to protect himself. Bam, perfect opportunity. No-one trusts him, you can defend it as "Well we all thought he was lying!", and now the doctor's gone.

So yeah. Chances of there being no HHA in that group, given the circumstances, seem ridiculously slim. Something to pick up next day phase, I suppose.

I'd also like to bring up Timeaisis. Dood was ordinary last time but would post great big walls of analysis. Why aren't you doing that this time? :c

Anyway, I'm posting that now instead of next day phase to give people some time to think about it. Plus it works better if I post it before we know what he is.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just wait for the results. Any defense would throw immediate suspicion on the poster if they were wrong so it's no surprise everyone is subdued.

Right, well, that's the day over then. Regardless of whether Hobo is HHA or not, I'm pretty sure that one of the people who voted for him is

Assuming he is HHA, I believe you and Ouro are as well. Probably decided best to throw him under the bus first thing of the day. Which is why you two voted for him.

Karkador

Banned
The sun sets early today; the whistle of the last train washes over the village

Day 5 Ends

Total Votes for this Round (10 needed to reach majority)
(a strike means the player voted for, then unvoted, the player)

Hobohodo (10)
Ourobolus
RobotNinjaHornets
nin1000
Razmos
EzekelRAGE
Haly
franconp
Kalor
Darryl
ultron87
Timeaisis

Ourobolus (1)
squidyj

EzekelRAGE (1)
Darryl

Darryl (1)
EzekelRAGE

The house on B4 is no more.

From beneath the rubble, one little shoe is unearthed by the villagers sifting through the ruins.

The sole of the shoe reads, "Nookington's Department Store"

It was hard to discern from all the chatter in the neighborhood, but it sounded like someone sobbed.

Hobohodo, aka Tommy Nook the Younger Nephew, is gone for good.

Karkador said:
Welcome!

You are Tommy Nook, the Younger Nephew.

You are aligned with the Happy Home Academy (psst, that's the Mafia)
Your partners are <redacted>. You also have another partner who is unknown to you, but they do know who you are.

As the baby of the HHA, you will trigger a double-eviction on the Night Phase, should you be forced out of the village. As revenge, the HHA will submit two targets for eviction the following night.

You win when Mafia-aligned players outnumber non-Mafia-aligned players.

Night Eviction Action
Each night phase, one of the HHA-aligned player may Evict one of the non-HHA-aligned players by PMing me with the command EVICT: <name>. This action will be associated with the player who sent the PM.

If you attempt to Evict your lost partner, they will instead become a full-fledged partner with eviction/night-chat privileges.

During the Night Phase, you may plot and scheme with your other HHA-aligned players in a private QuickTopic board: <redacted>.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role. The public game thread is here.

Night 5 Begins

Time left in Night 5:
t1434137400z1.png

Karkador

Banned
In case anyone is wondering:

I just noticed that the role PM for Hobohodo says HHA can only chat during the Night phase, but that was corrected right after the game started - they are allowed to chat at any point during the game. (This is the same as it was during the last game)

I just copy-pasted the message I originally sent them, which is why it does't show the correction.

Anyhow, sweet dreams, everyone...

Karkador

Banned
Clock bells chime in the distance

Last night, the Happy Home Academy was extra busy - a mournful double-eviction took place.

Mazre the Town Gossip and Kalor the Light Sleeper are gone for good.

Karkador said:
Welcome!

You are the Town Gossip!

You are aligned with the Town.

You win when only Town-aligned players remain.

Each Day Phase, you may recruit one neighboring player (up/down/left/right, if present) into your clique by PMing me with the command RECRUIT: <name>. That player will be sent a link to your private chat (which can be found here). Do not share this link with anyone - I'll PM the link to the targeted players before the Night Phase starts.

Players in your clique are only allowed to talk in your private chat during the Night Phase; The rules of the public game thread also apply in your chat.

Recruited players are shown nothing about about each other's roles or alignments. No copy/pasting PMs sent by me is allowed, but any other claims are fair game, the same as you would expect of the public game thread.

Your chat will remain open for the remainder of the game, even if you are eliminated. However, eliminated players are not allowed to post in the chat anymore.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role. The public game thread is here.

Karkador said:
Welcome!

You are the Light Sleeper!

You are aligned with the Town. You win when only Town-aligned players remain.

After a long day of shouting people out of your Village,, all you want to do is find a nice, peaceful sleep at night - but try as you might, even the noises outside keep you awake. You wonder if the muffled screams are just your imagination...

Each Night Phase, you will be notified if anyone in your area (the 8 spaces surrounding you; up/left/down/right plus diagonals) was active that night. (Moderator's note: This was then clarified to mean actions done by, or to, the surrounding players)

This information will not specify any names, roles, or specific actions (example, “There was no activity in your area tonight”). This will include passive abilities that are not activated by a command.

After the death count, Ultron87 takes to a soapbox.

He delivers an impassioned speech about the shattered state of the town, and why it's time for war. The villagers hang on every last word, readying their pitchforks and torches.

"Let's get it on", he concludes. Consider this a war cry.

Today, we'll vote to evict two houses.

Day 6 Officially Begins

7uX2N0j.png

Time Left Until Day 6 Ends
t1434484800z1.png

Haly

Well, it's obvious Ultron is the older brother. He didn't lie about his ability, that's for certain, but the parallels between his and Hobohodo's ability are too strong to ignore.

One triggers a double eviction at night, the other triggers a double eviction in the day.

The question becomes, who among us is willing to take out the Investigator as well?

ultron87

I basically figured I was either dead during the night or, if I wasn't, would be dead by the end of the day because I'm going to strenuously argue to kill us since we didn't die and therefore Franconp must be a mafia cop.

Also, they get two kills, we should get two kills. Fair is fair.

Karkador

Banned
Special provisions for this day

This day phase, there will be two evictions up for a vote.

Each player will get 1 vote, as normal, but the top 2 nominees with the most votes will be evicted.

In the event of one nominee receiving a majority (8 votes), that option (and those votes) will be locked in. Remember, you only get one vote this round. If your vote reaches majority, your vote is locked in.

It is possible for players to vote for "No evict", but it can only take up one of the two eviction slots for today.

Have fun!

fGZKXHg.jpg

Haly

I basically figured I was either dead during the night or, if I wasn't, would be dead by the end of the day because I'm going to strenuously argue to kill us since we didn't die and therefore Franconp must be a mafia cop.

Mmhm.

I'm trying to figure out if the Kalor kill is a red herring. We weren't suspicious of that quadrant before because of the pattern of the activity, but now it looks like they're covering for one of me, RNH or Kingkitty.

Translation: those star wars guys are going to learn what insanity is

Well, it's obvious Ultron is the older brother. He didn't lie about his ability, that's for certain, but the parallels between his and Hobohodo's ability are too strong to ignore.

One triggers a double eviction at night, the other triggers a double eviction in the day.

The question becomes, who among us is willing to take out the Investigator as well?

I totally had that thought as well

Also I just remembered that we can totally neuter this power if we don't have two people to vote for. Vote no evict. As long as ultron wasn't lying about that.

Also also yeah I probably look pretty scummy after picking Salva over Hobo because I thought Hobo could be useful. Especially as ultron also had the same argument. I'M STANDING BY IT THOUGH. Basically: oh well ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

squidyj

should be noone before we hear about his latest investigation.

anyways i'm sticking firm that the top of my scum list is ouro and his is one of the houses that we evict today so....

Vote: Ourobolus

Timeaisis

So you are saying we should go after yourself and Franconp?

I mean, after recent events I am highly suspect of Franconp, so I'd vote for him with limited convincing. But you? Why throw yourself under the bus like that? Unless of course you are trying to earn our trust by sacrificing yourself for the greater good. Which is either very noble...or very clever.

squidyj

Mmhm.

I'm trying to figure out if the Kalor kill is a red herring. We weren't suspicious of that quadrant before because of the pattern of the activity, but now it looks like they're covering for one of me, RNH or Kingkitty.

If we follow that line of logic i'd put money on it being kingkitty, lots of people read him as a role but he claimed vanilla town in gossip chat, which suggests to me that people were picking up on something off with his play but were misinterpreting what was going on, which leads me to think he's scum.

nin1000

Banned
Special provisions for this day

This day phase, there will be two evictions up for a vote.

Each player will get 1 vote, as normal, but the top 2 nominees with the most votes will be evicted.

In the event of one nominee receiving a majority (8 votes), that option (and those votes) will be locked in. Remember, you only get one vote this round. If your vote reaches majority, your vote is locked in.

It is possible for players to vote for "No evict", but it can only take up one of the two eviction slots for today.

Have fun!

fGZKXHg.jpg

OH SHIT!

ultron87

So you are saying we should go after yourself and Franconp?

I mean, after recent events I am highly suspect of Franconp, so I'd vote for him with limited convincing. But you? Why throw yourself under the bus like that? Unless of course you are trying to earn our trust by sacrificing yourself for the greater good. Which is either very noble...or very clever.

I'm going to have to die eventually. That's the hand that was dealt to me. Should do it now instead of letting them have more nights to sniff out role names.

I'm obviously working with the theory that Franconp purposefully through another HHA member under the bus to gain trust. It think it is reasonable. Hobohodo was already very close to being voted off, and it gave them the double evict so it is a smart sacrifice to make.

Haly

If we follow that line of logic i'd put money on it being kingkitty, lots of people read him as a role but he claimed vanilla town in gossip chat, which suggests to me that people were picking up on something off with his play but were misinterpreting what was going on, which leads me to think he's scum.
I wasn't clear. What I mean is: Did they evict Kalor to cover for kingkitty? Or did they evict Kalor to throw suspicion on kingkitty, knowing that he already had some mistrust built up and in this way they influence another villager kill?

ultron87

And we absolutely can only single evict by locking in a No Evict, but I don't think that's in our favor. We've gone the whole game arguing that we have to evict someone every day because that's how we affect change on the game. And we now can look back at everyone that voted or didn't vote for Hobohodo whenever he was on the block. We have tons of information now. Let's use it!

Timeaisis

I'm going to have to die eventually. That's the hand that was dealt to me. Should do it now instead of letting them have more nights to sniff out role names.

I'm obviously working with the theory that Franconp purposefully through another HHA member under the bus to gain trust. It think it is reasonable. Hobohodo was already very close to being voted off, and it gave them the double evict so it is a smart sacrifice to make.

Just for the sake of devil's advocacy (franconp is my #1 right now, for the record): why hasn't franconp vetted more mafia as villagers? Like he picks me to investigate and shares it. Fine, makes sense. But why reveal that to the town? To earn our trust, seeing as how I've already claimed in Razmos chat?

I suppose that makes sense...I just feel like he hasn't made use of his power in favor of mafia all that much, which gives me a little hesitation voting for him.

Also, as a sidenote, I apologize for not being as active as I was last game. Work and life has been busy the past few weeks. I've been following the thread to the best of my ability, and am now completely caught up. I hope to post more, but no guarantees. Just know I'm still here, watching, waiting, and I'll certainly chime in if something catches my eye.

Hm

So thinking this through:

Ultron is HHA, fran is town: ultron's used his ability, which I'm assuming is one shot, so is sacrificing himself to get to the cop

Fran is HHA, ultron is town: It's a valid thought that Fran could have thrown Hobo under the bus, he got pretty close to eviction the previous day and it would give the HHA a good killing boost. Doesn't fully explain why ultron would choose to use his power, but he has pointed out that we can just vote no evict and it will act like any other day, so might as well use it before going down.

Both are town and are just extremely lucky (which ultron should be familiar with, given last game): ...this would be terrible

Ourobolus

Banned
Just for the sake of devil's advocacy (franconp is my #1 right now, for the record): why hasn't franconp vetted more mafia as villagers? Like he picks me to investigate and shares it. Fine, makes sense. But why reveal that to the town? To earn our trust, seeing as how I've already claimed in Razmos chat?

I suppose that makes sense...I just feel like he hasn't made use of his power in favor of mafia all that much, which gives me a little hesitation voting for him.

Also, as a sidenote, I apologize for not being as active as I was last game. Work and life has been busy the past few weeks. I've been following the thread to the best of my ability, and am now completely caught up. I hope to post more, but no guarantees. Just know I'm still here, watching, waiting, and I'll certainly chime in if something catches my eye.
While I do find Fran suspicious, are you saying you are not an ordinary villager? I mean, I can understand him trying to get some legitimacy, but if he is HHA, you are at the top of my list.

ultron87

I used my power because this is the point in the game where we have a ton of new information and what might be the highest town to HHA ratio we'll have for the rest of the game to utilize it.

Also, it's fun.

Well I mean it's basically you and fran saying that you're town right? Razmos's confirmation is just confirmation that you said you were ordinary villager, but it's not exactly hard for you and fran to have agree that you'd be calling yourself town in the secret HHA chat

I realise this is a flip from what I thought earlier in the game, but...yeah. I don't think I thought it through properly back then

Timeaisis

While I do find Fran suspicious, are you saying you are not an ordinary villager? I mean, I can understand him trying to get some legitimacy, but if he is HHA, you are at the top of my list.

I certainly am I'm just curious why fran chose me as his target to investigate and then reveal. If it was all for trust, I feel like there were other roles that could've been weightier for him to bring up.

Ourobolus

Banned
I certainly am I'm just curious why fran chose me as his target to investigate and then reveal. If it was all for trust, I feel like there were other roles that could've been weightier for him to bring up.
Right, but it was the...what, second night? He might not have gotten that far. And given the amount of people claiming ordinary villager the odds are in favor of that.

franconp

Yet again, there was no activity in my area tonight.

Well, you are lying with your role.

I investigated RobotNinjaHornets last night and found out he is an Ordinary Villager.

If you truly were a Light Sleeper my investigation should have trigger your role.

I'm about to leave work, will expand on this and what Ultron said later.

Top Bottom