• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mafia |OT| - Making Animal Friends Is Awesome!

me? Are you serious? Are you saying Mazre had TWO mafia in his gossip chat. That's absurd.

Guess what though? If I was a "lost partner", wouldn't I need mafia to attempt an eviction on me? Well I believed I've never been voted for eviction.

Night time eviction, not day time

Razmos

-Razmos claimed in post 740 that something was revealed in his gossip chat. Mazre tried to search his following posts in the thread to find an update on this, but he couldn't find any. He found this weird because Timeaisis and Daryll have both claimed ordinary villager. This info should be followed up on.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=165132414&postcount=740
Darryl made a roleclaim in the chat.
I don't recall him claiming he was an ordinary villager in this thread though, when was that?

Also I was going to mention today that the no-evict a couple of nights back was probably the sleeper mafia being accidentally activated, but someone has already mentioned it *shrug*

kingkitty

That isn't much of an explanation.

Look at the next few pages. I assumed Ezekiel didn't vote before. And time was running out, so I thought I had to stop a tie vote.

Also, don't ignore the fact that I was the one who wanted you to investigate hobodobo.

Why as mafia, would I want you to investigate hobodobo? Especially knowing his incredibly scummy sounding name?

kingkitty

what? this logic is TERRIBLE. mafia repeatedly night evicted people who were not the topic of conversation the fact that you've tried to use daytime voting to suggest that mafia never tried to evict you is making me think you're mafia even more.

I misread Hobodobo's thing, and thought it was day time eviction that was needed to make a person a "lost partner". Apparently it was night time eviction that's needed.

I don't like how you said my logic was "terrible". And I don't like how you made your terrible into CAPS. You don't get any of my tacos.

squidyj

I misread Hobodobo's thing, and thought it was day time eviction that was needed to make a person a "lost partner". Apparently it was night time eviction that's needed.

I don't like how you said my logic was "terrible". And I don't like how you made your terrible into CAPS. You don't get any of my tacos.

thats probably for the best, for like Haly, my role is also Taco. so eating another taco would be weird.

I'm not convinced that you don't know how it works, I think you're trying to feign ignorance.

thats probably for the best, for like Haly, my role is also Taco. so eating another taco would be weird.

I'm not convinced that you don't know how it works, I think you're trying to feign ignorance.

I'm pretty sure even regular tacos would want a bite out of this taco
chocotaco.png

franconp

Look at the next few pages. I assumed Ezekiel didn't vote before. And time was running out, so I thought I had to stop a tie vote.

Also, don't ignore the fact that I was the one who wanted you to investigate hobodobo.

Why as mafia, would I want you to investigate hobodobo? Especially knowing his incredibly scummy sounding name?

Maybe because Hobohodo was already suspicious and if I accepted your idea of investigating him it would, at least, time. He would be safe for that round and it would give HHA time to prepare a defense when I expose the info.

Also Hobohodo eviction was beneficial to HHA as it allowed 2 night evictions. I think you just gave up on Hobohodo and bought some time asking me to investigate him knowing you could force for a townie eviction that day phase and that when I found out his role you would get 2 night time evictions.

squidyj

Darryl made a roleclaim in the chat.
I don't recall him claiming he was an ordinary villager in this thread though, when was that?

Also I was going to mention today that the no-evict a couple of nights back was probably the sleeper mafia being accidentally activated, but someone has already mentioned it *shrug*

I feel like i remember reading a post where Darryl claimed vanilla town, but I dont know where it is. if that was a real thing that actually happened and its not what he told you then I have a new favorite eviction today.

Ourobolus

Banned
I figured I should outline my suspicions at this point: (sorry I am in my phone)

Haly: we are assuming his role is what he says his is. Kalor is gone now.
Kingkitty: see Haly
Darryl; honestly I have no fucking idea what is going in with Darryl. He's just a dickhead.
RNH - has followed every single one of my votes.
Razmos - pretty sure he is town
Toma - pretty sure he is a light sleeper. No idea about alignment though.
Timeaisis: pretty sure he is town
RetroGamer: invited me to his chat. At least is a gossip, no idea about alignment
Fran/ultron - pretty sure ultron is HHA (or at least neutral) but investigator is a damn good role for now
Squidyj - probably ordinary villager, maybe a light sleeper based on position. No idea
Ezekel - honestly? No idea.
Nin1000 - pretty sure I ordinary, but honestly not sure.

Ourobolus

Banned
I feel like i remember reading a post where Darryl claimed vanilla town, but I dont know where it is. if that was a real thing that actually happened and its not what he told you then I have a new favorite eviction today.
I don't believe he did, at least in public chat.

kingkitty

1) I think RobotNinjaHornets or Haly are mafia. I'm just gonna let Jesus take the wheels and say that mafia don't border each other.

I pick RobotNinjaHornets because of design, he's placed between two light sleepers. My first thought would be "it's too obvious". But having Hododobo between two gossips was 'too obvious" as well. But look at what happened.

He also voted for Salvapot early on. Also in the thread, he claimed that I already said I was an ordinary villager. However, at this point I was still being cagey about my role. But in the gossip, everyone already knew, so perhaps Hobodobo relayed my role to the main mafia chat. And RobotNinjaHornets made a little slip.

I picked Haly as a possibility because idk, design wise, it seems odd to have this area covered by a light sleeper, but not have mafia. So if it's not RobotNinjaHornets, then it's Haly.

2) The roomies. If franconp ends up as mafia, then we need to consider the slight possibility that maybe one of his investigations was a lie.

3) Ourobolus (same type of logic that I have for Haly, seems like a real waste to have lightsleepers night cover any mafia).

Razmos

I don't believe he did, at least in public chat.
Then It's highly possible Kingkitty is either mistaken or is intentionally misleading the line of discussion down the line of "Razmos and Timeaisis are suspicious because they were investigated by Francorp"

I find it suspicious enough in itself that he is speaking for Mazre after his eviction with no-one to back up his claims.

squidyj

That's true, but at the time it was just me an Foshy. Now that Nin1000 is in there, I'm not sure what I should do.

I think you need to claim. you're my top mafia and i'm not dropping my vote any time soon. you've already got 2 others voting you already too.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm still thinking about the mystery of Tucah and I'm drawing a blank. Toma can you list your activity triggers for each evening?

squidyj

Then It's highly possible Kingkitty is either mistaken or is intentionally misleading the line of discussion down the line of "Razmos and Timeaisis are suspicious because they were investigated by Francorp"

I find it suspicious enough in itself that he is speaking for Mazre after his eviction with no-one to back up his claims.

that mazre stuff is six of one half a dozen of the other. there wasnt really anything in there that we hadnt previously mentioned.

kingkitty

Maybe because Hobohodo was already suspicious and if I accepted your idea of investigating him it would, at least, time. He would be safe for that round and it would give HHA time to prepare a defense when I expose the info.

Also Hobohodo eviction was beneficial to HHA as it allowed 2 night evictions. I think you just gave up on Hobohodo and bought some time asking me to investigate him knowing you could force for a townie eviction that day phase and that when I found out his role you would get 2 night time evictions.

That's needlessly risky. If I was mafia, I rather 1) not stick out like a sore thumb by forcing a near-tie

and 2) not have an investigator come snooping. Like seriously, if anyone knows anything about animal crossing (which quite a few people in this thread do), they would know instantly that hobodobo was a baddie. That's just a reckless gambit to make.

And of course, I can just say that you franconp, the mafia investigator, outed Hobodododo in order to look legitimate to the townies. Sacrifice a mafia who was now incredibly suspicious to everyone.

kingkitty

did you guys miss the part where I said that post was from Mazre? I just summarizedish what he said. So really, you should say "Mazre is mistaken".

Razmos

A point I just realized, if all the HHA are similarly themed in their roles, then the other town gossip (I can't remember who replaced Foshy, too many new faces) is very likely Town as well if they got the same role PM as me and Mazre did (Mazre's was exactly the same as mine)

Ourobolus

Banned
why wont you trust me mate ?

Nothing personal. But even though Hobohodo was HHA, I'm not entirely convinced Retro is a red herring (and he may be the HHA member).

he might not have. interesting that kingkitty firmly believes that he did.

Darryl hasn't said anything in this thread, AFAIK. Maybe in private chat, sure.

Well, that is true. While I'm leaning towards Fran being town, that is technically possible.

I think you need to claim. you're my top mafia and i'm not dropping my vote any time soon. you've already got 2 others voting you already too.

I really don't want to, and it won't help us much. I know they are voting for me, and I wish I had an argument for them other then I am not the target.

kingkitty

This info I got from Mazre was dumped during last night phase.

He did this because he believed he wouldn't make it through the night. I can see why, he was the guy who threw the stake into Hobodobo's taco heart.

Because he was gone, I decided to dump his info. If I didn't, you wouldn't know what Mazre was last thinking. I wouldn't have dumped it if he was still alive, he could have posted his thoughts himself.

You can disagree with Mazre is saying, but don't mistake for what I summarized as actually my thoughts.

Ourobolus

Banned
A point I just realized, if all the HHA are similarly themed in their roles, then the other town gossip (I can't remember who replaced Foshy, too many new faces) is very likely Town as well if they got the same role PM as me and Mazre did (Mazre's was exactly the same as mine)
I'm not saying it isn't possible, but this is assuming all of the gossips are town-aligned.

Razmos

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but this is assuming all of the gossips are town-aligned.
It's possible that there might be a mafia aligned gossip, but the wording and theme of the HHA member's role PM is markedly different than the wording of the town gossip, ordinary villager and mayor roles we have seen so far, and Hobohodo had a unique ability.

I dunno, I can't articulate what I mean very well right now, but the HHA seem more like "characters" than roles and I can't imagine a role where they are both a "character" AND a gossip.

It wouldn't surprise me if the HHA don't have a mafia aligned gossip network and instead are infiltrating the gossip networks in much the same way Hobohodo was.

squidyj

This info I got from Mazre was dumped during last night phase.

He did this because he believed he wouldn't make it through the night. I can see why, he was the guy who threw the stake into Hobodobo's taco heart.

Because he was gone, I decided to dump his info. If I didn't, you wouldn't know what Mazre was last thinking. I wouldn't have dumped it if he was still alive, he could have posted his thoughts himself.

You can disagree with Mazre is saying, but don't mistake for what I summarized as actually my thoughts.

wait tacos are mafia aligned now? Oh no! ;_;

Kingkitty, if you feel that Fran is HHA, why did you feel the need to basically die for him? I still believe you are the lost agent and all that posting to make it seem like you had a power role was to have HHA turn you.

Ouro, what is your role? Let's say you do have a role you are making it seem like it is powerful, if HHA believe that, you are dead neway 2nite. So spill it.

Kingkitty and Ouro are my pick for the two evicts today. All town should vote the two of them.

Razmos

And I mean I don't wanna be "that guy" but Kingkitty is the only surviving member of that gossip network, and the 2 players to be evicted were the only ones left near him.

kingkitty

Kingkitty, if you feel that Fran is HHA, why did you feel the need to basically die for him? I still believe you are the lost agent and all that posting to make it seem like you had a power role was to have HHA turn you.

Ouro, what is your role? Let's say you do have a role you are making it seem like it is powerful, if HHA believe that, you are dead neway 2nite. So spill it.

Kingkitty and Ouro are my pick for the two evicts today. All town should vote the two of them.

I didn't have any strong opinion (just slight suspicions) towards Francorp at the time that I was trying to be a martyr. Also I didn't want to die specifically for franconp. I wanted to die in place of any role that would be helpful towards the town.

But now, it doesn't seem like we have any strong powers left.

It's a mistake to ignore RobotNinjaHornets or Haly.

Honestly we can all agree on two evictions as a town and say we only vote for those two ppl. If someone strays from those two we can possibly look at them as HHA for the next day(Unless they have a valid argument for whoever they vote for).

King/Ouro are the scummiest of the two today. Was gonna look at RNH as well, but king/ouro's situation is more plausible atm.

kingkitty

And I mean I don't wanna be "that guy" but Kingkitty is the only surviving member of that gossip network, and the 2 players to be evicted were the only ones left near him.

Yes, and that gossip network had 1 mafia already. So what you're saying is, Mazre invited not one mafia, but two mafia. So we have maybe 3-4 mafia, and 2 of them are in Mazre's gossip chat, I think that's unlikely.

Ourobolus

Banned
EzekelRAGE said:
Yeah. I get that. If you look at my past posts though you should be able to figure it out.

I'm not trying to be cryptic, but there is a reason I never claimed - or rather there is a reason I didn't claim at the time.

Who I feel are the remaining mafia

King - Already went over this.
Ouro - All the stuff today, was already on my list with RNH. Sayin he has a role, but doesnt want to disclose

RNH/Haly - covered before.

kingkitty

Honestly we can all agree on two evictions as a town and say we only vote for those two ppl. If someone strays from those two we can possibly look at them as HHA for the next day(Unless they have a valid argument for whoever they vote for).

King/Ouro are the scummiest of the two today. Was gonna look at RNH as well, but king/ouro's situation is more plausible atm.

Scummiest? That's pure poop. Why as mafia, would I out myself so clearly by trying to save Hobodobo? What logic is that? That's going off some easy to pick fruit.

Ourobolus

Banned
At this point, RNH is the most suspicious to me.

After that, my list goes - Kingkitty, Haly, nin1000, Darryl. EzekelRAGE, etc.

I know we have to pick two for tonight, so I hope we at least get one of then on the list.

Darryl

Banned
1. haly should have been a prime target for an eviction. why has he never? was he the missed turn? the conversion?

2. it should've been haly > mazre > mclaunch > salva in order of threats based on "how well spoken". apparently haly flies right underneath the hha radar??

3. came on strong, led an eviction, garnered sympathy for a failed eviction, then hid in shadows. pretty solid strategy for staying out of the spotlight for a good bit of the game

4. jumping on the bandwagon now alongside junior. "let's keep the status quo going guys, right out the gate. no need to talk even though we have 4 fucking days to deliberate. lock those votes in now!"

5. these evictions are right near haly and he's the first to point it out and try to deflect this onto someone else

Yeah. I get that. If you look at my past posts though you should be able to figure it out.

I'm not trying to be cryptic, but there is a reason I never claimed - or rather there is a reason I didn't claim at the time.
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/explain_like_im_five_office.gif

Scummiest? That's pure poop. Why as mafia, would I out myself so clearly by trying to save Hobodobo? What logic is that? That's going off some easy to pick fruit.
idk,

Ourobolus

Banned
EzekelRAGE said:
Ouro - All the stuff today, was already on my list with RNH. Sayin he has a role, but doesnt want to disclose.
I get that. Don't blame you. I led two of the votes (although I admit to being wrong), and RNH followed each time. KK has been pretty low key in that he votes for someone entirely different and strays away from the crowd.

I admit that my intuition is pretty shit at this point. Haly and I should start a club.

Razmos

Yes, and that gossip network had 1 mafia already. So what you're saying is, Mazre invited not one mafia, but two mafia. So we have maybe 3-4 mafia, and 2 of them are in Mazre's gossip chat, I think that's unlikely.
Sure. But we know that one of the Mafia wasn't originally Mafia and his placement on the map is probably related to that.

Here's my wild theory:
Kingkitty was the sleeper mafia. They tried to evict him a couple of nights ago (when we had a no-evict) and he became a fully fledged mafia.
With this upgrade, he gained a new ability that he hasn't used yet.

Kalor, being a light sleeper and being between only Kingkitty and Haly, would have noticed if either of them used an ability, and so he was evicted during the night so that suspicion would not fall on either of them if they used an ability last night or tonight.

It's just a theory, but I think some of it makes sense.

kingkitty

You don't know why as mafia, I would out myself so clearly? Perhaps it's because I'm not mafia.

Imagine this, I'm a lost partner, I secretly tell other mafia to evict me. Then yay, I'm now mafia. And then as fresh mafia, the very next day I basically make myself a huge target for townies by almost causing a tie vote. That's pure horseradish.

This isn't a Day 1, or 2, or 3 situation. This is Day 6. We might only have a few more days left, I hope we can come to a better decision.

Top Bottom