• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Leaf | JP Version OT |

RoyalFool

Banned
I have a quick question, how playable is this game on import? - it sounds like you guys are getting street pass hits and therefore I'm assuming your in Japan, I've got an import copy winging it's way to me at the moment and I'm concerned I'll be missing out on all this stuff :(

StayDead

I have a quick question, how playable is this game on import? - it sounds like you guys are getting street pass hits and therefore I'm assuming your in Japan, I've got an import copy winging it's way to me at the moment and I'm concerned I'll be missing out on all this stuff :(

I'm in the UK so I don't get any streetpasses, but that's about it.

As long as you have some understand of Japanese (or even not in some cases here) you should find it enjoyable.

RoyalFool

Banned
I'm in the UK so I don't get any streetpasses, but that's about it.

As long as you have some understand of Japanese (or even not in some cases here) you should find it enjoyable.

The language isn't a problem, was just concerned I might be missing out on some elements of it. The street pass stuff sounds cool - shame nobody has made a gadget to emulate it yet for users over a distance (infact, that sounds like a weekend project - setup a device in a busy japanese street and relay the signals between a london street!)

d+pad

It still kinda looks like every other AC game, maybe with new/more stuff to collect.. Have they at least improved the villager AI?

Not trying to be an ass, but I really don't understand comments like this. It pretty clearly (to me, at least) looks better than/different from even City Folk. And on top of its looks, it has quite a bit of new content. In other words, a pretty sequel, if you ask me.

Fren

Neo Member
I got my first tool upgrade. It was a
silver axe
for sale on the island for 8 medals

Wonder how you get the others?

Started a few days ago and having a lot of fun with this.

I suppose I should try visiting other towns or something.

Add me!
My FC is: 3823-9444-1906

Anyone have an extra axe?

StayDead

Add me!

I might be able to get you one tommorow. I gave mine today to cultureculture I think.

fusionedd

Neo Member
I have two questions on what I've heard that there is a basket where you can put all of your fruit in, instead of your normal inventory and bring that to Nooks to sell.

Is that basket hard to obtain? And is there a limit to how much fruit the basket can hold?

Fren

Neo Member

Add me!

I have four if you want them. I'll add you; my code's in the OP.

Can any Japanese speaking players comment on the villager interaction? The GCN knocked that feature out of the park - it was a joy to speak to villagers. Every release afterward seemed to discourage talking to them...maybe it was just me, but speech began repeating itself very quickly.

apricot

Can any Japanese speaking players comment on the villager interaction? The GCN knocked that feature out of the park - it was a joy to speak to villagers. Every release afterward seemed to discourage talking to them...maybe it was just me, but speech began repeating itself very quickly.

I personally haven't seen much, if any, repetition at this point. The villagers always have lots of things to say, and there are a lot more chances to exchange items and do errands for them, from what I've found.

I personally haven't seen much, if any, repetition at this point. The villagers always have lots of things to say, and there are a lot more chances to exchange items and do errands for them, from what I've found.

I also got a non-native fruit for completing an errand for Bob. Is that new?

I don't remember it happening in Wide World, at least.

I went to a friend's village and chopped down a bunch of his peach trees. He planted おいしい ones in their places. I hope everyone's saved their original おいしい fruits to plant.

Deeku

A new building is popping up in my shopping district!

I don't need anything in return! I'll hold it for you – if you're on later tonight maybe we can jump online then.
Oh cool! Yeah later tonight would be good. There was an adorable little cat in my town this morning that wanted me to take her to another town, so I can do that too if she's still around tonight!

Lord Ghirahim said:
I went to a friend's village and chopped down a bunch of his peach trees. He planted おいしい ones in their places. I hope everyone's saved their original おいしい fruits to plant.
I planted mine! Still growing, though.

Oh and re villager interaction: some of the conversations you hear between villagers are pretty funny!

Mik2121

Some new pics!

A8B53pcCMAAgZGU.jpg

My new house!

A8B6KitCEAElv_f.jpg

A8B6iVWCEAAxAP0.jpg

The new Convenience Store!

A8B7GHzCEAAXtaf.jpg

Me trying the new megaphone :D

I'm posting these and many other pics on my 3DS Pics Twitter account so if you wanna follow...

Follow me Here! :)

Oh shit. I didn't realise they were a one-off. I think I actually ate one because I needed an inventory slot.

Went into the new まめつぶ and bought everything. Unfortunately, I already owned the おみくじ prizes I got. Time to try out the slingshot ☆
Yes☆
hni_0042_mpocukkw.jpg

Deeku

Maybe just link to them? I'll be honest, most of the pics you've posted in the thread have been spoilers for me:p But only because I was slow to start, and am playing it slower than everyone else.

Chopper

Would posting pics of the Dream Emporium or whatever it's called in English, be considered spoilers?
Sort of, but they'd be welcome. In fact, could you explain to me exactly how the streetpass stuff works? Cos Nintendo's marketing garb isn't quite informative enough.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I should have my convenience store by the 21st. Right now another shop is under construction. I wonder if its the cafe?

Sort of, but they'd be welcome. In fact, could you explain to me exactly how the streetpass stuff works? Cos Nintendo's marketing garb isn't quite informative enough.

You get model homes of other players which appear in the happy home section of the town. You can then go look in their homes and order "purchasable" as in not items they got from raffles or daily events, items for your own use which are delivered to you the next day. Maximum of 5 orders per day.

Mik2121

Maybe just link to them? I'll be honest, most of the pics you've posted in the thread have been spoilers for me:p But only because I was slow to start, and am playing it slower than everyone else.

Alright here are the pics. They are the last 4 posts:

https://twitter.com/3DSMik

And the links to the pics themselves..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8D36drCUAA5cdi.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8D4LaVCUAIDPZ4.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8D9TVzCUAEA8wf.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8D9lwBCUAAiJow.jpg

Figured we should set up a formal fossil trading sheet.

Quote this post to see the links.

Add

View

Only one person needs to PM me after a successful trade, so I can update the list.

Other news:

Shinpei told me he was going to move out, but I was able to convince him otherwise (Basically by telling him No!). It seemed to be a semi-scripted event as other users said they had the same thing happen to them.

I was able to win another villager into my town, this time by playing a game where I had to go a different direction then them.

Caught some fleas on my villagers! Maple wasn't pleased, and told me not to tell anyone (Sorry Maple!).

First rainy day!

Shoe shank/store update soon! (In process of building now)

Chopper

You get model homes of other players which appear in the happy home section of the town. You can then go look in their homes and order "purchasable" as in not items they got from raffles or daily events, items for your own use which are delivered to you the next day. Maximum of 5 orders per day.
But you can't visit their town? ie, retrive fruit from it?

Mik2121

But you can't visit their town? ie, retrive fruit from it?

Nope. You can only visit their houses. You can also check their towns if you input their codes on the search (I think, haven't tried and haven't checked, I'm just assuming), but either way when you visit someone's town during a dream, you can't bring anything back.

StayDead

By the way, anyone have any spares of the Mushroom Furniture? we could get some trades going.

I've got:

Closet (x1 spare)
Side Table (x1 spare)
Telivision
Chest of Drawers
Table (big one, x1 spare)
Hanger (coat rack, x1 spare)
Lamp

Not sure what else there is, but after the full set so trading would be great while they're still around to collect.

Also with the balloon furniture we could trade that too.

I've got

Telivision
Dresser
Lamp so far.

Mik2121

Has anyone run into Mr. Resetti yet?

You run into him the first time you reset the game (I did once accidentally, but I reset 1 minute after saving so it's alright...). After that you get to build this one asset in your town that's the Mr. Resetti surveillance thing, and you can meet him there afterwards :p

Mik2121

Shoe Shank opened in my town! Also Shishou (the Club 444 owner) came to my town and he's opening the club soon! I already gave him what he asked me for :D

And yesterday the Convenience Store and the Dream Emporium opened... oh and today my camping area is ready so people can come by... man, my town has changed so much in the last two days! :D

Anyway, I won't post spoiler pics (for now?) so I'll just leave this...

A8HIfJSCUAEzZ6b.jpg

Both this and the Mario shirt make a sound when you put them on.

By the way, anyone have any spares of the Mushroom Furniture? we could get some trades going.

I've got:

Closet (x1 spare)
Side Table (x1 spare)
Telivision
Chest of Drawers
Table (big one, x1 spare)
Hanger (coat rack, x1 spare)
Lamp

Not sure what else there is, but after the full set so trading would be great while they're still around to collect.

Also with the balloon furniture we could trade that too.

I've got

Telivision
Dresser
Lamp so far.

I've got the mushroom wallpaper if you want it.
Are you still collecting colourful furniture? I got a colourful bookshelf the other day.

Peru

So the camping area opens up the possibility of non-villager characters just stopping by for a while? Haven't played any AC since the first (and maybe it was a thing there as well, don't remember ), so I don't know this stuff.

tetsuoFI

Haven't been following too much of this thread. I just want to know this, has anybody gotten any villager charecter portraits?

You run into him the first time you reset the game (I did once accidentally, but I reset 1 minute after saving so it's alright...). After that you get to build this one asset in your town that's the Mr. Resetti surveillance thing, and you can meet him there afterwards :p

You have the ability to keep him in your town forever?! Squee!!!

Top Bottom