• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else really looking forward to Interview with the vampire season 2?

I am normally completely against this whole woke thing Hollywood is doing at the moment (it’s just too much and obvious), but it really didn’t bother me in Interview with the Vampire and season 1 was great from start to finish. Especially the ending was done very well.

Well season 2 is starting May 12th and I really can’t wait what they are doing with season 2. Sure we probably know in general what happens from the movie, but that doesn’t stop me to look forward to how it is handled here.

Spyxos

There's a series about the movie?

Edit: looks like crap. I'd rather watch True Blood again.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
No Way Thinking GIF

First season was great. Should rewatch it before season 2
Did it last week, once you know the ending it’s nice to pay attention to some details.

There's a series about the movie?
How old are you? The movie is based on a novel, this series is another adaption of the novel.

How high on the forced-woke cringe scale would you rate this show?
There are certain changes to the novel which you could consider forced woke, but if you accept it, the setting makes actually very much sense.

The movie also never made it clear that they are romantically involved, but the novel did indicate it, so it’s not really woke, but just a better adaption and it’s not really distracting in this show. You should definitively at least give it a try.

I am 42 year old married with children and normally hate this whole woke thing, so if I can accept it, others can tolerate it for sure as well.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Did it last week, once you know the ending it’s nice to pay attention to some details.

How old are you? The movie is based on a novel, this series is another adaption of the novel.

There are certain changes to the novel which you could consider forced woke, but if you accept it, the setting makes actually very much sense.

The movie also never made it clear that they are romantically involved, but the novel did indicate it, so it’s not really woke, but just a better adaption and it’s not really distracting in this show. You should definitively at least give it a try.

I am 42 year old married with children and normally hate this whole woke thing, so if I can accept it, others can tolerate it for sure as well.
38 and all I knew was the movie.

clarky

Gold Member
How high on the forced-woke cringe scale would you rate this show?

High, especially of you only point of reference is the film.

I noped out halfway through. Not just because of the "wokeness" mainly because its shite.

Korranator

Huge fan of the books (3rd one kinda fell apart), movies were ok. I tried 2 episodes and just couldn't get into it.

I commend you for making this thread OP, even though I feel that this website is the wrong audience for this show. I’ve had this show on my watchlist for a bit now and I planned on checking it out soon.

How good are the acting performances?

I'm a fan of all the books so I think it could be cool if they extend past the 1st movie and actually do it well. I haven't watched it, but you're the 1st person I've heard recommend it. Maybe I will sometime.

Peggies

Gold Member
Come on, you made that one up. There's no such silly thing as a "Interview with the Vampire" series.

Top Bottom