• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else stopped following game previews/hype/pre-releases?

IAmRei

Back when I was younger, I used to follow the titles that interested me religiously before their releases. I would scour the web for hours just to find even a nugget of information about the games.

Now? I pretty much stopped. I'll watch the release trailer and if there is gameplay. I'll stop there and not pay attention to anything relating to the game unless it's some major news such as a delay or cancellation. Otherwise, I play what's available and put it in the back of my mind. I eventually forget it and by the time I remember, it's almost time for the launch.

This more or less happened with Dragon's Dogma 2. I looked at the first trailer, watched a gameplay video, and then ignored everything else. Heard some buzz about a 30fps cap but didn't pay too much attention. Now, I realize that the game is coming in just over 2 weeks.

I find this much better than getting caught in hype trains and impatiently counting the days until release.
Pretty much the same, plus i dont buy day one now. Partly glad to live in where i cant buy day one because physical edition is taking longer here. But again, i dont see many things like before. Combo of works and life make me so, i think.

Top Bottom