• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you a Darkie or a Light Supremacist?

What is your preference?

• Total voters

Ryzaki009

Yeah I have to use dark theme (with very few exceptions). Light theme hurts my eyes. (I wish more places would go with a more creme color instead of the blinding white they go with).

-Arcadia-

Banned
Light. I don’t like the way things look in dark mode. Colorful things, like the emotes for example, pop in a weird way. It’s hard to explain, but it feels like typical website and app visuals are more grounded, and natural, in light mode.

If light mode hurts your eyes, it is honestly time to turn a light on, and stop putting the goth in farnsgoth.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I like how iOS has an option where it changes based on time of day. I actually think that’s the best one of all. It’s just a shame that so many websites aren’t compliant with it (if they even can be).

Team Light Yagami

mBPIaAP.gif

mango drank

"once you go black, you don't go back."
I was talking to another user on here a few months ago about the light vs dark theme. I tend to use light themes in most apps. I'll try dark for a while but eventually switch back to light. So just to give it a fair shot and see if he was right, I tried both GAF dark themes for a few days solid. After about day 3, I wanted to die. Switching back to light was like ice water in hell.

Ryzaki009

Light. I don’t like the way things look in dark mode. Colorful things, like the emotes for example, pop in a weird way. It’s hard to explain, but it feels like typical website and app visuals are more grounded, and natural, in light mode.

If light mode hurts your eyes, it is honestly time to turn a light on, and stop putting the goth in farnsgoth.

Or you know some of us have crappy vision :p I don't use my comp in a dark room.

(Love my kindle though 0 issue with using it in a dark room even without my glasses on. Such a superior way to read text).

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Dark as the soul.

I spit on any environment that doesn't offer a dark mode.

Last edited:
Light themers, rise UP

I trust you with every cell in my body.

Last edited:

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Dark but I change to light when I have to have a zoom meeting where the dark background darkens my screen and camera picks up that I’m doing something else

notseqi

Everything else on my monitors is dark, I don't want to be blinded by one website going full supernova on my eyes, especially at night. Don't mind light theme but I'm not switching around all day.

johntown

Banned
When you are in front of a screen all day dark end up being the only option. The light lovers will turn to the dark in time when they start getting blurry vision from all the blue light.

Top Bottom