• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay they do, I clearly didn't think it through.

I'm just searching, reaching for a reason to explain how Arrow abs Flash ended up where they did...

Truth is a lot shows get worst over time , sometimes they recover other times they don't
So for arrow i can understand in a way but Flash i have no idea how this season ended up how it did .

Side note barry not wanting to kill zoom but letting the speed force do his dirty work is funny .

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
What I don't get is why all these finales felt so rushed. What was going on in Vancouver?!

Even thinking the Arrow Season finale was decent, there were some sloppy elements to it. Like the episodes before it had more attention and effort. Maybe time constraints on production?

I get that writing 23 episodes a season is a huge task, but they've had a year to think about how it will end. Flash and Arrow knew they were going to use these villains for an entire season. Why does it feel like they get to end of the season and are surprised they need to wrap these characters up in a satisfying way?

KonradLaw

What I don't get is why all these finales felt so rushed. What was going on in Vancouver?!

I wonder how much the increase in numbers of shows filmed there is affecting CW. Isn't there like 90 shows being filmed in Vancouver.
I mean...this finale, they had Oliver speech done in the exact damn same spot Thea first appeared in Speedy costume last year. Unless all the good locations are reserved what's the point of doing that?

Jonogunn

I live in Vancouver so it doesn't apply to me but do non-Vancouver viewers notice that it's the same city in all 3 shows?

Gonna be so weird once supergirl gets here.

I live in Vancouver so it doesn't apply to me but can non-Vancouver viewers notice that it's the same city in all 3 shows?

Flash weirdly intercuts shots of him running through downtown LA every now and then so it helps. Also Arrow has more night city shots while Flash has more daytime city shots, which I think helps.

I don't think about it all that much.

Blader

I live in Vancouver so it doesn't apply to me but do non-Vancouver viewers notice that it's the same city in all 3 shows?

I've never been to Vancouver but it does take me out of it a bit every time they randomly drop in a flyover shot of Boston.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

I intentionally try not to pay attention to the locations because that would drive me insane. But I rarely notice. I think Supergirl and Flash are going to need to work hard to differentiate from each other since they both prefer daytime action scenes.

I would be creeping on filming constantly if I was in Vancouver. Only TV set I ever got to hang out on was Friday Night Lights, and that was before I even watched the show. Lol

Honestly the only times is gets silly is when they try to pretend they are in some remote place of the world.... that has pacific northwest-type forest.

And that damn quarry. AKA Nanda Parbat, AKA Afghanistan.

KonradLaw

This is what makes Gotham so great. It films in NY, but they also put so much CG into the backgrounds that it truly looks like no city on Earth.

Lucifer, while much lower budget, also does surprisingly good job hiding it's filmed in Vancouver instead of LA.

KonradLaw

Oh God CW Krypton is going to be amazing.

It's SyFy. Maybe they won't film in Vancouver :D SyFy is pretty diverse when it comes to filming locations recently. Magicians film in Vancouver, but Dark Matter and Killjoys are in Toronto, Dominion filmed in Cape Town, South Africa and Hunters in Melbourne, Australia.

Blader

Is anyone else bothered by Merlyn's attack on the Glades being constantly referred to as "The Undertaking"? Not only is that not public knowledge, it's not even a name! It'd be like if Merlyn had called his earthquake plot a plan, and Oliver jumped on that car and said "We survived The Plan!"

Joni

Explained? In that episode, he just said that he could overcome it because he heard Felicity's voice in his head. That's hardly an explanation for magic powers. And that's before Darhk was powered by tens of thousands of dead souls
Hope. His hope powering the protective runes was strengthened by the inhabitants of Star City standing up for themselves. As clearly explained. They won't go into the specifics of magic, that is true. They also never explain how Flash can run fast for instance outside of speedforce.

Utter bullshit, the 15k nukes were targeted worldwide. The one before was targeted at the US.
Which is why she didn't take any down after the one above Star City. They showed her sharing her solution with someone from the US government.

It was a lesser of two evils, but it wasn't her call to make. If this happened in any internally consistent universe there's bound to be repercussions. Even if the president sanctioned it and said "Ok, nuke that smaller town instead", you bet your ass there will be blood.
There was no call to make, it was a split second decision. Everything else had failed.

Even without that, the character should have changed. Instead we got a 30s scene in which she looked sad.
No, it is good that she didn't. Because it isn't her fault.

Ok? What about anti-missile defences?
Would suck at taking down 15K missiles. The Star Wars shield project never got produced.

The same thing could have been achieved in any number of ways that did not involve fridging a beloved character from the source material. Hell, he could have Vadered a team of policemen and it would have showed the danger of Darhk
Let's kill some random mooks. If you think that has the same emotional impact, then you should go watch that Flash scene where Zoom kills everyone but the named characters. See how much 'impact' that has.

And that story was heartwrenching, and it didn't overshadow Slade doing Slade things. It served as a source of motivation for his actions, not as the plot itself. That's not really relationship drama IMO.
The story was absolutely not heartwrenching. He was talking to an imaginary version of a girl that didn't like him. That was fucking Oliver while he was five feet away.

Is anyone else bothered by Merlyn's attack on the Glades being constantly referred to as "The Undertaking"? Not only is that not public knowledge, it's not even a name! It'd be like if Merlyn had called his earthquake plot a plan, and Oliver jumped on that car and said "We survived The Plan!"
There was a trial. There were public statements on it. And it is a name that is unique enough to stick.

KonradLaw

It;s a weird word, used much more rarely than Plan. And Moira used it on public TV right before shit hit the fan. So it's not surprising it stuck.

Grizzlyjin

How did this show become so terrible. To make a fight epic you don't have to have 20 people randomly throwing punches.

That was shamelessly Dark Knight Rises.

Spoilers for the other arrow shooting hero, Hawkeye (Fraction Run)

That had a big finale where Hawkeye's apartment building was under attack from gangsters and Hawkeye taught them how to make traps and fight back. I think I would have liked the idea of citizens fighting back in Arrow if it had been built up more, with everyone in Team Arrow being commanders and them fighting against the ghosts all over the city.

Yeah. Just shows Olie has more balls than Barry and Baleman ;)

Funny thing is if i remember barry kill that sand guy earlier in the season lol

Also i hope they done with this darkness BS with oliver when it comes to killing .
It getting rather boring after 3 season .
Funny enough the cast member that people hate the most has the least problem with killing.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I really want to see this revised version of S2 where Slade's story is heart wrenching because that was not the S2 I saw, or the S2 other people saw and commented on in real time on this forum.

Joni

Funny thing is if i remember barry kill that sand guy earlier in the season lol

Also i hope they done with this darkness BS with oliver when it comes to killing .
It getting rather boring after 3 season .
Funny enough the cast member that people hate the most has the least problem with killing.

Well, she is the most hypocritical about it. She didn't mind him killing Vertigo or Dahrk. But I think that Oliver nowadays realizes the difference between those he can save and those he needs to put down. The 'no-kill policy' hasn't really been a point this year.

Well, she is the most hypocritical about it. She didn't mind him killing Vertigo or Dahrk. But I think that Oliver nowadays realizes the difference between those he can save and those he needs to put down. The 'no-kill policy' hasn't really been a point this year.

I can remember her being that hypocritical about it .
But i can just be forgetting stuff .

hengyu

Despite the fact that there wasn't actually any romance in the finale, unless you count Diggle and his wife, and there was no hint that Oliver and Felicity were going to be together at all except as teammates and maybe friends.

Actually IIRC Felicity's actress stated that "Olicity will take sometime to mend" or something to that effect in an interview. A lot of people was banking on her departure and Curtis replacing her as the IT chap, so their anger is understandable, if a little premature

CryptiK

What an awful season finale.

-What happened to the 15,000 nukes?
-Flashbacks were so bad
-More drama than action in the finale, like what the actual fuck.
-City verses bad guy? Hey didnt we do that with Slade already? Writers focusing on the wrong things clearly.
-Dahk and his actor completely wasted.
-Legends has JSA/Hourman, Flash has Black Flash/Jay Garrick and fucking Flashpoint, Arrow? Arrow has err half the cast gone and Oliver is mayor I guess thats a thing.
-Writers threatening the viewers with that ending.

Blader

It;s a weird word, used much more rarely than Plan. And Moira used it on public TV right before shit hit the fan. So it's not surprising it stuck.

Neither Moira or Merlyn should be repeatedly calling it that anyway. It's not a name!

Just call it The Glades Disaster, or something.

Actually IIRC Felicity's actress stated that "Olicity will take sometime to mend" or something to that effect in an interview. A lot of people was banking on her departure and Curtis replacing her as the IT chap, so their anger is understandable, if a little premature

So the good news is, it's coming back!

Luigi87

What an awful season finale.

-What happened to the 15,000 nukes?

Every nation in the world used their oversized TV remotes to turn them off.
seriously... what did happen to the nukes...

Edit: Oh wait I remember, they detonated them in space by inverting the horizon and... oi

Which for the record I'm still sure that would have horrible nuclear winter effects on the atmosphere, but... hey what the hell

Those people were crazy if they think they were going to get rid of one of the most popular characters on the show .
Plus even if they get rid of her they would just bring in another woman for the romance drama .

So the good news is, it's coming back!

We just couldn't let Olicity go, could we? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. Olicity truly is incorruptible, isn't? Reddit can't kill it out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And Uncle Guggie won't kill it because Olicity is just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to watch Olicity forever.

I think this is possibly the worst season finale of all the comic book shows. Supergirl was awful, but I think Arrow may just be worse.

No way in hell .
Flash ending was down right stupid .
It undo everything about barry character over last 2 years and it going last a few eps the most .

We just couldn't let Olicity go, could we? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. Olicity truly is incorruptible, isn't? Reddit can't kill it out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And Uncle Guggie won't kill it because Olicity is just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to watch Olicity forever.

Olicity not the problem it's the CW drama that comes with it .
No matter the age , what they are , who they are the drama always the same on CW lol .

Saved by hope! Malcolm lived and everyone is still cool with him, the new Arrow cave has worse security than the old one. Guys with guns don't use guns, muh Darhkness muh Darhkness! "I was trained by the League of Assassins" with no retort from Oliver about him being Ra's al-Ghul, even if it was for like two minutes. Say what you will about the disappointing Flash finale but at least it wasn't a complete bore like this one was.

Barring a miracle in the off-season I'm done outside of cross overs. I gave the show a chance to right its direction after the mess that was season three and while season four started out promising, better than the Flash IMO, the cross over happened and it went right to shit.

CryptiK

No way in hell .
Flash ending was down right stupid .
It undo everything about barry character over last 2 years and it going last a few eps the most .
Fucking what?

Flash ending was amazing. After years of comics the Flash did the exact same thing in the comic universe. It sets up for an amazing story as well.

BTW I still hold out a 0.0000000001% that we'll eventually get a wise cracking Ollie that we use to get.

I should add 10 more zeros after the decimal should I?

Also I really do hope these people who say they are quitting the show really are.

GulAtiCa

Fucking what?

Flash ending was amazing. After years of comics the Flash did the exact same thing in the comic universe. It sets up for an amazing story as well.
Flash ending was amazing, but completely undid Barry character development yet again as he decides to take a big L and be a moron.

I look forward to the Fallout of what he did, but there is no denying he is a moron.

Magwik

Banned
Fucking what?

"Im finally over my mother's death and accepted it's a part of me, it made me who I am. I can finally stop Zoom"
*2 episodes later*
"I beat Zoom, my dad is dead, but I guess I'll destroy the timeline to save my mother after deciding it was a bad idea a year ago"

Fucking what?

What amazing story ?
In the comic at least it effect everything there .
What is it going to effect in the shows and how long it going to last .
Mind you this is 2 ep after he comes to terms with his mother death , the woman he love for most his life ready for him .

Was this season any good, guys.

Guys.

Guys, pls respond.

It was okay .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom