• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed, Resident Evil and Death Stranding IoS ports have bombed

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I like to snoop at what people are doing on their phones. They used to constantly flick between social media apps, messaging apps, and games, but most people wouldn't spend more than three minutes on an app before they'd switched to another one. I saw so many short games played over several minute-long sessions.

But now all everyone does is look at Tiktok. Every time I snoop at what people are doing, hoping to see some fun texts, it's just Tiktok. I'd be stunned if I ever saw someone playing Death Stranding on their phone.

Be warned, GAF. If I'm behind you in public and you have a phone, tablet, or laptop with you, I'm going to look at everything you're doing, and if it's interesting then I'm totally gonna tell my friends about it.
One of my favorite texts I ever saw was "you know cheating triggers me, especially with men."

clarky

Gold Member
Make these games cross save with all systems and charge like $10 for them and they might shift a few more units.

$50 for a mobile experience lol. No thanks.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
No shit, who tf wants to play games like those on a phone

This.

Those are all great games btw, but they are also experience one would want to view on a tv with great sound, dark room etc. I don't know if those are bus stop, train station etc type things where someone wants all that on the go or something. Look at PSVita, having those big AAA games on mobile didn't mean their massive success on home console would translate well, those that enjoy those games also enjoy the whole experience.

Audiophile

I wanna play candy crush and infinite tower defence on my phone. Playing flagship modern titles on there makes no sense. Even if I was totally broke and didn't have a big TV, I'd still not do it. Same goes for big movies and TV shows.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Isn't the PlayStation portal selling like crazy? There is a market for playing games on a small device but it is not with touch controls and it is not having to buy a game again at close to full price.

Impotaku

Considering how shit it is on apple devices for even having access to the stuff you paid for apples constant need to deliberately make whatever device you own obsolete so they can try to force you to buy the next pointless upgrade, having constant iOS updates that eventually if the app developers don’t update you lose access to your games.

With a shit ecosystem like that I’m not surprised nobody wants to shell out normal console title money on digital titles especially for an audience that bitches & moans if anything is over 99p

RoadHazard

Gold Member
People don't want to play an immersive first person survival horror game designed for controllers and keyboards on a phone?

What a bunch of entitled twits.

That, and phone "gamers" don't want to pay for games. If you're someone who does, you most likely have much better ways to play these games.

So yeah, I don't know what they expected. This is exactly what I expected.

Last edited:
I played some resident evil and it ran well, but I ain't paying full price for a game on my iPhone. It just isn't the same as having something tied to my steam, xbox or ps accounts.

Top Bottom