• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed Unity Leaked PS4 version shots (Confirmed 900p / 30fps)

The IQ is worse, the rest is not even comparable. AC4 graphics were bad, really bad regarding the scenery. These rocks seem to come straight out of a Gran Turismo track.

Um, what? Have you even looked at those AC:U shots? It looks like a blurry, jaggy mess. The IQ in AC4 is much better....but that's about it.

mcrommert

Banned
Do we have confirmation this is final build with full res textures? This game was supposed to near 50 gb...perhaps it is also not all of the data

kpaadet

If it's a fun game I'll buy it. Can't wait.

Its AC, it doesn't look like much new have been added so if you liked the previous ones you'll probably like this one. I think I'll be skipping this, it was mostly the ship combat that I liked enough to complete AC4.

Vroadstar

Gold Member
Why are images so blurry? is it the AA they are using? or probably this screens are not from the final version yet?

Looks good to me. Too bad AC games never really grabbed my interest. I like the majority of the game when you play as the actual Assassin, but the futuristic parts really throw me off and take me out of immeresing myself in the game. It just seems so out of place, and unneeded, the side missions are also repetitive as hell. I've heard they've really worked on the latter, so I'll keep an eye on this game after its release

McLovin

Watchdogs like downgrade confirmed. I hope it looks better in motion. To be fair though PS4 screen caps always loose a ton of quality. It was always kind of a let down in the console screen shot thread.

mcrommert

Banned
yFrs0xA.jpg

You can look at parts of any screenshot and find issues...the guy in the corner looks like shadows are obstructing his face and hbao is blurring out some details (just like distance and focus does in real life)

Looking at the entire screenshot it looks excellent

glaurung

I want to know what manner of anti-aliasing technique they are using here.

Because it looks like the graphics designer vomited all over his keyboard and then hit commit.

It better look fucking amazing on the move.

JohnGrimm

I want to know what manner of anti-aliasing technique they are using here.

Because it looks like the graphics designer vomited all over his keyboard and then hit commit.

It better look fucking amazing on the move.
The same stuff used in Black Ops II on PS3.

keezy

AC3 was pretty great for me. 60fps and 1080p really helped it. But yeah for console games I definitely hold the belief that you shouldn't release a game that runs sub 30 fps ever.

GTA5?

Game had terrible frame rate. That killed it for me. I'm very skeptical about the "remastered" version of this game. No way I'm pre-ordering it. Going to wait until it's released to see how it holds up.

It doesn't look like just being 900p upscaled to 1080p is the root cause of the poor image quality. Other 900p games look far superior.

Just happy there are millions of people who don't give a crap about this and it's only a small percentage of people on obscure forums who are so uptight about this.

salty.jpg

It's delicious to read some those comments.

Ubisoft claim that ACU is the most beautiful and powerful next gen made so far and it doesn't look anywhere near that. They always set the bar so damn high and promise us the moon only to under-deliver. People seem to have had enough of these bullshit claims.

I know it's taken it's toll on me and I'll pass Unity, the first time I'm dodging an AC game for a while (sure what the hell does this even matter to Ubi the giant).

They can keep doing this for a while as the masses will always definitely buy, but I do feel a slight core is disenfranchised with AC.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Blurry as hell, must be combination of 900p and bad AA.

If you think 900p looks like this then you've never seen 900p.

There is something up with these pictures but taking any bit of a second to look at sunset overdrive and you'll notice that it looks nothing close to this bad.

We have no idea how old this build is.

Lng0004

For a 3D game, these screenshots look very 2D to me. No pop. Well, I've skipped 3 AC games so I guess I'll still give it a shot.

nOoblet16

Why are images so blurry? is it the AA they are using? or probably this screens are not from the final version yet?

It's the AA they are using, it blurs the image and then sharpens it to artificially induce high frequency details. But in effect what you get in the end is an image that has lost most of its detail.

Keep in mind this is an overblown image and when it gets applied to an entire screen in the game the effect is more pronounced and blurry.

0LNQjAq.jpg

-griffy-

Banned
Wait, are you saying that AC:U has slightly better AA than BF4, or BF4 has slightly better AA then AC:U? If it's the former, then I'd have to disagree. I've played tons of BF4 and it looks crisper than these images.

I was objecting to his notion that BF4 looks like 1440p compared to AC:U. It doesn't, it still looks like 900p but with better AA than AC:U.

So much for the "new engine".

This game is running on the same engine as old AC with a few lighting tweaks, no more no less.

The IQ is absolutely crap and I don't see what could justify the 900p resolution for the PS4.

Another game, another Ubisoft fiasco : Will people ever learn ?

SDCowboy

You can look at parts of any screenshot and find issues...the guy in the corner looks like shadows are obstructing his face and hbao is blurring out some details (just like distance and focus does in real life)

Dude, no it doesn't. That shot looks terrible. It almost looks like a last gen game (if that's what it actually looks like).

If you think 900p looks like this then you've never seen 900p.

There is something up with these pictures but taking any bit of a second to look at sunset overdrive and you'll notice that it looks nothing close to this bad.

I think Chobel is right here. It's a bad combination of 900p, poor post-processing AA, and screwed up gamma. The AA needs a sharpening pass and the gamma needs to be lowered a notch or something like that.

EDIT: Maybe the person capturing the screens turned up in-game gamma?

Jonm1010

Banned
Ubisoft claim that ACU is the most beautiful and powerful next gen made so far and it doesn't look anywhere near that. They always set the bar so damn high and promise us the moon only to under-deliver. People seem to have had enough of these bullshit claims.

I know it's taken it's toll on me and I'll pass Unity, the first time I'm dodging an AC game for a while (sure what the hell does this even matter to Ubi the giant).

They can keep doing this for a while as the masses will always definitely buy, but I do feel a slight core is disenfranchised with AC.

The guy is literally getting giddy at the idea that people are upset at false advertisement.

He's not worth engaging.

yFrs0xA.jpg

Not when the issues are that glaring. It's not like you actually need to search for most of the problems.

mcrommert

Banned
It's the AA they are using, it blurs the image and then sharpens it to artificially induce high frequency details. But in effect what you get in the end is an image that has lost most of its detail.

Keep in mind this is an overblown image and when it gets applied to an entire screen in the game the effect is more pronounced and blurry.

0LNQjAq.jpg

This is important...they want it to have filmic qualities and this is how they get them

0LNQjAq.jpg

Yup, I've repeatedly said this in this thread. The AA solution is what is making it look so blurry.

Digital Foundry will have a field day, they hate shitty AA solutions. Being 900p they likely wanted something that would smooth it out as much as possible.

gruenel

0LNQjAq.jpg

...why?

FordGTGuy

Banned
I think Chobel is right here. It's a bad combination of 900p, poor post-processing AA, and screw up gamma. The AA needs a sharpening pass and the gamma needs to be lowered a notch or something like that.

EDIT: Maybe the person capturing the screens turned up in-game gamma?

I'll wait to see officially released shots and video on Gamersyde.

Otherwise it is completely up in the air where these screenshots came from.

Yup, I've repeatedly said this in this thread. The AA solution is what is making it look so blurry.

Digital Foundry will have a field day, they hate shitty AA solutions. Being 900p they likely wanted something that would smooth it out as much as possible.

Hopefully a day one patch sharpens the AA solution a bit.

Ploid 3.0

Definitely a major down grade from reveal but it's Ubi so it's ecpected.

And if they showed a great quality doctored/pc version with bells and whistles video that must mean resolution (image quality) does indeed matter.

What resolution was the reveal video?

Top Bottom