• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzi

Do any of you fine folks know where I can get a wii remote and nunchuck without spending $100? That's a little expensive for a controller.

Rezbit

Grill'd and Nando's are definitely a tier above drive-thru shit, in both burger and chip game. In terms of the scrub shops, if we're assuming they are actually cooked properly, fresh and well seasoned, I reckon KFC takes it. The problem is they are usually dog shit the rare occasion I have them.

MoonGred

I don't think we can include Grill'd and Nandos into this conversation, it's the same price as burger places like 8bit, royal stack and hux.

-Maccas
-Hungry Jack
- KFC
- Red Rooster
- Carl jr?

Jintor

Grill'd and Nando's are definitely a tier above drive-thru shit, in both burger and chip game. In terms of the scrub shops, if we're assuming they are actually cooked properly, fresh and well seasoned, I reckon KFC takes it. The problem is they are usually dog shit the rare occasion I have them.

kfc is great out of the frier and shithouse tier if served after like 10 minutes

I don't think we can include Grill'd and Nandos into this conversation, it's the same price as burger places like 8bit, royal stack and hux.

-Maccas
-Hungry Jack
- KFC
- Red Rooster
- Carl jr?

pity they're expensive but

god damn

they do good burgers

I found a place called GBK in the UK that makes a really nice burger but pubs do pretty good good burgers here.

I'd rather pay $12-15 for burger with chips and not immediately regret it than pay 5-6 and then scramble to invent time-travel so that you can go back and prevent yourself from ordering the happy meal
. "Time can be rewritten, your waist-line cannot."

that said, I get a freebie lunch today (work shouts us a team lunch each month up to 10 pounds a head, which my colleagues worked it so we go to 2 for 1 places and spend the leftover on Magnums. We bought 4 boxes of them after last month's team lunch)

MoonGred

I found a place called GBK in the UK that makes a really nice burger but pubs do pretty good good burgers here.

I'd rather pay $12-15 for burger with chips and not immediately regret it than pay 5-6 and then scramble to invent time-travel so that you can go back and prevent yourself from ordering the happy meal

that said, I get a freebie lunch today (work shouts us a team lunch each month up to 10 pounds a head, which my colleagues worked it so we go to 2 for 1 places and spend the leftover on Magnums. We bought 4 boxes of them after last month's team lunch)

100% with you, but occasionally there is a case to be made about having bottom of the barrel that is McD, HJ -
KFC is rock bottom tier for me
. I say this as a person who has a burger once a month tops and other fast food once every 2-3 months

KFC are the GOAT fast food chips here. Our local store is always A+ with tons of salt and combined with supercharged dipping sauce is hnnnggggggggggggggggggg.

Do any of you fine folks know where I can get a wii remote and nunchuck without spending $100? That's a little expensive for a controller.

eBay is your best bet. Just grab a cheap combo, I've used cheap ones for years.

If we're counting Nandos and Grill'd, I'd probably say Schnitz has the better chips.

Yep, Schnitz chips are god tier, way better than Grill'd/Nandos. Nandos are only good because of the seasoning. Without that they are bottom tier below Red Rooster.

Jintor

kfc is the worst because it smells so fucking good and tastes pretty good but afterwards you realise you're just filled

with

REGRET

Cerity

Red rooster does nice chips, when they salt their chips properly. I've been to too many red roosters where they put the chips into the box and then salt the fucking thing. By the time I get halfway through the chips I'm eating soggy, unsalted potato sticks.

MoonGred

kfc is the worst because it smells so fucking good and tastes pretty good but afterwards you realise you're just filled

with

REGRET

Nothing is worse than the instant the chicken hits your stomach, you just feel greasy.

Red rooster does nice chips, when they salt their chips properly. I've been to too many red roosters where they put the chips into the box and then salt the fucking thing. By the time I get halfway through the chips I'm eating soggy, unsalted potato sticks.

KFC has the same problem but amplified by 10

You work with some genius people.

Stackboy

I am terrible at Smash Bros on Wii U.
Any of you guys play?

I am terrible at it but love the insanity, I just play local MP with friends.

Anyone had Carl's Jnr in Aus yet? I want to know if they are going to give Maccas a run for their money. My local Maccas took 25 mins to make a big mac meal last time I went, it was a normal night, just far too slow.

The local burger, fries and shake joint takes the cake for me. On It Burgers.

Ain't cheap but a cool burger night out with great food and they're licensed so matching beers on tap. Also basil and garlic fries are awesome.

logo_onit-297x300.png

Anyone had Carl's Jnr in Aus yet? I want to know if they are going to give Maccas a run for their money. My local Maccas took 25 mins to make a big mac meal last time I went, it was a normal night, just far too slow.

It's pretty good. I only went once as there was a significant wait. But yeah I liked it

dity

Wait, we have Carls Jr now? Holy shit.

In other news I got one of those new Apple TVs and it's amazing. Account switching to get apps from other regions is legit so easy.

dity

Yes, much nicer than the ATV3
Is there any any way to refresh apps, like the Youtube app?

I prefer the way the Xbox One's YouTube app looks, but the ATV4's YouTube app performs so much better for video playback. Basically in HD even if my connection is shit.

dity

For those that care, the two piece fillet box is still a thing at KFC it's just not on the menu. I always order a two piece zinger fillet box. Good stuff.

Is there any any way to refresh apps, like the Youtube app?

I prefer the way the Xbox One's YouTube app looks, but the ATV4's YouTube app performs so much better for video playback. Basically in HD even if my connection is shit.

dunno, I mainly use if for watching stuff I've bought off itunes and Netflix. I have the apps for BBC iplayer and Now TV (which is sorta like HBO Go for Sky TV- which is a no contract and HD legal option for watching GoT. Foxtel needs to take a look at this, stat.

in other news, my cat, Brando, arrived safely from Australia today so I drove down to Heathrow to pick him up. Because cats love travel and new places to live.

MoonGred

Is anyone having issues getting on Gaf? For some reason I get a message saying "neogaf.com refused to connect". The weird thing is that I have it on Windows PC's with all browsers, both home and at work.
Works fine on Mac and mobile though.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I dont get why people use the apps when they limit the videos that are available? Surely the websites just better.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Well thats a bit shit.

Should get a Wii U

Edit: ditys talking about the 360 app.

Also now I know what ATV stands for. I did think it odd a quad bike would have an app.

Is anyone having issues getting on Gaf? For some reason I get a message saying "neogaf.com refused to connect". The weird thing is that I have it on Windows PC's with all browsers, both home and at work.

Works fine if you drop the s from https. Not sure why. I'm not a computer guy.

They took Tower burgers off the menu again. They're dead to me.

Try the black bun burger. Smoked bacon. Maple sauce. So good.

Nothing, NOTHING, beats OG Tower burger though. Dat sauce

Shaneus

Hooked up the 360 to the living room TV last night because I couldn't be bothered working out the space for it in the mantainment (aka gaming) room. And now we have a Netflix box that isn't as slow as shit to navigate like the WDTV is.

So many great games I already have on the HDD, and had conveniently left the PGR4 disc (thanks Rep!) in the drive. God damn that's so much fun, but most of that game has aged terribly, save for the cities and motion blur (which still look better than DC IMO).

Might even hunt down some older titles to bash on it that I never gave the chance to when it was my main console. Could even fire Lumines Live back up.

Anyone have any possibly hidden/unknown XBLA titles I should dig up? I assume they're still for sale, but also assume I have most of the main ones that are rad... Outrun Online Arcade, Sega Rally Revo, Daytona, Ikaruga, GW2... yeah.

Wait, we have Carls Jr now? Holy shit.

In other news I got one of those new Apple TVs and it's amazing. Account switching to get apps from other regions is legit so easy.
Is that that the ATV4? They have been jailbroken (to a point) which is great to hear. Not sure how versatile they are (can they play MKVs yet?) but if they're better to use than an ATV2 (I think that's the one my fiancee has) I might considered it.

Quasar

Is that that the ATV4? They have been jailbroken (to a point) which is great to hear. Not sure how versatile they are (can they play MKVs yet?) but if they're better to use than an ATV2 (I think that's the one my fiancee has) I might considered it.

Depends on the app you use. There's a Plex client, a version of infuse, a XBMC fork (MrMC) and some other iOS based apps like Air Video HD that do. They all afaik require you to have the media (and in some cases a server app) on your network though, which annoys some people (though not me).

And it does have better support of streaming services, especially local ones. I never really understood why Apple Australia made no effort in that regard with the ATV2-3 whilst Apple US continually added new services.

MoonGred

Works fine if you drop the s from https. Not sure why. I'm not a computer guy.

Seems to have done the trick, very odd.

I don't know what happened but all of a sudden my pc is behaving very sluggishly, I'll most likely be doing a clean Win 10 install over the weekend. If I disconnect my 2nd hdd - this is basically dedicated to steam/orgin and other crap, do a fresh install and then reconnect the other hdd will everything on that drive work like before?

senahorse

MrMC works alright, I just have media on a USB drive which is plugged into my router and then I share it with MrMC. The one thing that pains me...scratch that, I have a few issues with ATV4.

1. No 24hz support
  2. The typing interface is horrible, who designed that and why hasn't it been fixed yet
  3. The remote, looks nice but all too often I pick it up and activate something because I have touched the touchpad, apart from smooth one end and rough the other it's hard to work out which end is which in the dark.
  4. Netflix app (yeah more of a Netflix issue) at times gets stuck in an infinite loop and the only way to fix it is reinstall it.

Stackboy

I had this issue just now, got in via the mobile site and then switched back. Weird!

For anyone in Brisbane Lansmash is on this weekend! Imma play tons of Rocket league and yell at people in the same room as me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom