• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2017 |OT| Makes us all rotten

Inuyashiki 2

Yep this is Gantz alright, just how I wanted it.

King's Game 3

This is turrible, absolutely turrible, the best kind of turrible, 100x better than the disappointment known as Lost Village.

Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - 03

I know this series has always had a fondness for the bizarre... but that country has a level of technology so far beyond everything else I'd ever seen for the series that it's kind of mind-boggling. Yes, moreso than the talking dog and motorcycle. I get this impression that the author just wanted to put whatever interesting ideas came to mind into the series, with not nearly as much thought into making sure the setting is coherent as a whole.

That's how Kino works, really.

The stories are parables about particular ideas. The countries are not supposed to be worldbuilding, just a backdrop where specific stories can happen.

Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - The Animated Series Episode 3:

So this episode can be boiled down to my city-state is a huge and advanced mobile fortress with a death laser, your argument is invalid. Also, this might be a story from further down the line as it changes up some pretty fundamental details about Kino as Kino stays for more then three days and gets more involved then Kino probably would on Kino's own accord.

Actually, this story doesn't change the fundamental premise at all.

Kino never actually stayed for more than three days. It was just a ruse to hitch a ride on the moving country to get past the walled country without paying them.

pbayne

Even after everyones posts about it, i still have no idea what black clover is about , not even the basic premise. The only thing i can glean is that the main VA is really annoying.

This is a terrible hot take. Uggh, gross....

Yeah, I bet Black Clover at least has decent fire animation.

Even after everyones posts about it, i still have no idea what black clover is about , not even the basic premise. The only thing i can glean is that the main VA is really annoying.

It's apparently just a shounen anime that's completely by the books.

Main character lives in a world of magic and wants to be the magic king but can't do magic himself yadda yadda yadda yadda.

DNAbro

Boy with demon powers and no magic wants to be wizard hokage

Tbh Fairy tail was enjoyable in the beginning till you realize every arc ends in the same way.

Lol.

Fairy Tail at least made me like it at the start. It does get boring and repetitive later on though.

Tuck

Girl's Last Tour - 3
This is wonderful. The world is very reminiscent of BLAME! with the multiple levels, and sense of loneliness. It feels so big, and empty. Yet there is still beauty here; the shot above the city was great. At the same time, the low-key adventure nature of the show kind of gives me Mushi-shi vibes. I really like how
they met someone else, and I imagine will meet others in the future, and maybe we'll even see that guy again down the line. The idea that there are several others exploring this world with their own goals in mind, occasionally crossing paths with each other, just temporarily, is extremely endearing.

Jotakori

King's Game ep3

LMao okay I officially love this anime. It's so bad it's good. What even was that blood splatter at the end of the voting scene, how could they see it that high to the window?!
But damn y'know it actually got me to feel a little bad toward the ends.

MMO Junkie ep3

Oh yeah, so far this is definitely my favorite anime of the season. Kinda a slow start for the episode, but I lost it at the end. It's just so friggin' cute, I wanted to grab a body pillow and roll around squeeing same as Moriko! Their freakin' outfits, the bracelets! Gah, it slays me!

King's Game ep3

LMao okay I officially love this anime. It's so bad it's good. What even was that blood splatter at the end of the voting scene, how could they see it that high to the window?!
But damn y'know it actually got me to feel a little bad toward the ends.

That last vote reveal had me cracking up;
Kana....I just wanted to let you know I'm not actually voting for you.

I get wanting to apologize, but it was a total dick move to bury the lead like that lol.

daveo42

Banned
Girls' Last Tour 3
Was not expecting the most recent turn of events.
Other people being alive is definitely not the direction I thought this show would go in, but it's nice to see.
Interesting that more of the world is slowly being explained, though none of its history makes no sense outside of this being sometime after a catastrophic world war. The bleakeness of the world and what has been left behind is still very compelling. I wonder if we will ever get much more than what's been hinted at regarding the past.

daveo42

Banned
I dropped Fairy Tail when I realized nothing about the series is even remotely memorable. The characters, their motivations, the world, the story...nothing was made me think it was worth reading because I couldn't remember a damn thing about it that stood out. It's bland and unmemorable. It would have been better if it was something atrocious because at least then I would make a meaningful dent in my memories. It's bland, ummemorable trash that deserves to be forgotten by humanity.

Inuyashiki 2
Well I guess we got our main conflict? I guess I should have expected a level of "fucked" coming from the author of Gantz.
The scene with the drowning kid was a bit more over the top than I was expecting or even really wanted to see.

Jex

It's from the 3rd Blood+ OP which is pretty highly regarded.

Does anyone even remember Blood+? Truly a crazy time in anime production.

Look at the episode count - Blood+ was a FIFTY EPISODE original series. Four cours? The early 2000's were a crazy time. Now everyone begs and scrapes together enough staff and money for 11 episodes.

Jarmel

Banned
Full Metal Panic IV trailer

Key Visual

kv.jpg

Jarmel

Banned

Look at the episode count - Blood+ was a FIFTY EPISODE original series. Four cours? The early 2000's were a crazy time. Now everyone begs and scrapes together enough staff and money for 11 episodes.

I remember. Just for the brother being literally raped to death. Death by Snu Snu.

Jarmel

Banned
Ok, so the mechanical team for FMP IV is behind in some way. I'm not sure if it's the CGI team or the mechanical animation team. The CGI for the mechs doesn't look great so I'm not sure if they're missing shaders or if Nishii plans on redrawing over the Behemoth/Arbalest shots and hasn't gotten to it.
I2yBG27.png
1naMY5x.png

Old PV (July) | New PV (October)
Even with the resolution discrepancy, the difference in detail is night and day. That's Nishii's Detail Up approach that he did in 2199. So I don't know how much they plan on doing like this and how much will just remain regular CG.

pbayne

Garo Vanishing Line 1-3

First episode sucked. Next two were a bit better Still early days yet, series could go either for me. At least its not a complete snorefest like the anime's second anime

Jotakori

That last vote reveal had me cracking up;
Kana....I just wanted to let you know I'm not actually voting for you.

I get wanting to apologize, but it was a total dick move to bury the lead like that lol.

Oh man, thinking back on it that was pretty funny, but I was too busy feeling relieved (lmao dang it, it's sucking me in already!) to appreciate it in the moment. Kana's reaction is what got me, tho --
it was so freaking extra, just jumps out a window?!
I'm pretty sure I actually yelped in surprise laughter at that one.

Garo Vanishing Line II

Of course, Luke is the complete antithesis of Sword.
The plot regarding the disabled athlete and his girlfriend had a depressing conclusion. Poor Enith!

sasuke_91

Why did you fall for my zero effort bait?

It's not the first time I heard that comment and I didn't know if you were serious.
It's not like I was offended or something, but I hate Fairy Tail with a passion and One Piece is my favourite manga of all time, so I had to comment on this :p

More Clock is always a good thing.

Also another season of High School DxD with promo video included

I only take note of this because the character designer this time is Uno Makoto and I'll watch any show with characters designed by him.
Who are these characters? I barely recognize them. Terrible.
Usually a bad idea to change the charadesign of an established series. Reminds me of the Tenchi Muyo movie disaster.
Really appreciate that FMP IV looks exactly the same as before.

Umaru-chan R 02

"I'll play one of those retro games that turned up yesterday!" *takes out a PS3 game*

????

PS3 was released like 11 years ago. That's more or less the same gap between PS1 and PS3. So the PS3 was released when a high school student was still in kindergarten/elementary school or when I had still hope for my life.

Andrew J.

I watched it when it aired on adult swim.

It was OK.

BlastCore

Banned

'Member 50 dollar DVDs with only 3 episodes?

Top Bottom