• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Becoming homeless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogan

Banned
It's my biggest fear and it's actually starting to come out: I will be homeless next tuesday.

I got layed off in November and can't pay regular bills (or food) anymore. I saw this coming but there was nothing I can do.

My family is pretty much completely gone and I don't have friends that could help. So here we are.

I made this short thread to say goodbye and thank everyone for the cool discussions etc. Hopefully I can return soon but I don't know how I'm going to survive outside.

GHG

I find it hard to believe you don't have any friends or distant family that would let you sleep on their sofa/floor for a couple of weeks to give you the opportunity to try and get things in order.

Swallow your pride, ask absolutely everyone you know and accept any help offered.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Hey man dont you have a family or something? What do you mean by completely gone? No relatives around?

My deepest sympathy for you its very heartbreaking for me to hear this story

Last edited:

Amory

Do your research on what support services are available in your area.

Talk to your landlord and ask if you can come up with a deferred rent payment plan.

Do you have a car? Start driving for delivery apps while looking for a new job in your field

Airbus Jr

Banned
Nope. My dad died when I was younger and I never knew my mother. I grew up without family or relatives.
What...how about your fathers family? Your coworkers or neighborhood ? Nobody willing to help?

Last edited:

Rogan

Banned
What...how about your fathers family? Your coworkers or neighborhood ? Nobody willing to help?
Everyone is gone / dead. I don't have family I can ask for help.

Most of my previous coworkers also got layed off plus I don't know them apart from being coworkers.

I'm sure there are people willing to help but nobody is going to pay my rent. I've had some help here and there no place to stay.

Where are you from? Aren't there any protections for tenants in times of pandemic?

Look at this

Don't let some them kick you out without a fight

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned

Most of my previous coworkers also got layed off plus I don't know them apart from being coworkers.

I'm sure there are people willing to help but nobody is going to pay my rent. I've had some help here and there no place to stay.
Im very sorry to hear that i wish i can hug you right now

You can always try to find some easy jobs

Try being a truck driver, delivery jobs or something like that

Stay safe out there

Last edited:

nush

You should head right on back over to ResetEra and ask for some PayPals.

Those suckers fall for this shit all the time. I'm sure you would have seen it there.
MjP04iH.png

You were right, look at the post history dates.

Airbus Jr

Banned
MjP04iH.png

You were right, look at the post history dates.
Nevertheless his backstory really makes me sad

What kind of mother abandon her own son..very cruel man...this guy comes from a broken family...its time we show some support and love he needed...

Last edited:

GeekyDad

Wow. Very sorry. Hopefully, you can research a shelter or situation where you can stay temporarily before you're completely out on the street so to speak. Don't give up. Take any job you can get right now, and live as modestly as possible for now. Something will work out.

Ionian

If that post was made here on Wednesday, then what's the issue? He said his father died when he was younger?

Hardly internet detective work.

Last edited:

TheContact

apply for unemployment. Your landlord can’t evict you until September (if you live in the US)

I guess Gaf will see more and more of these posts now. This is a old gaf/reset common post.

Sorry for the loss of your Dad since Wednesday.

I would suggest a job at Dicks. Maybe they offer store discounts, they have some nice tents.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Op is using this thread for charity but you gotta respect his situation, 1st I’d slow down on the negative self talk 2nd get a job and if weather isn’t a factor for you you could live outside obviously in a car.

rykomatsu

I got layed off in November and can't pay regular bills (or food) anymore. I saw this coming but there was nothing I can do.
"Nothing I can do" != "Nothing I was willing to do"

Instead of asking for handouts in a roundabout manner with vagaries with a sob story, why don't you tell us where you're from and what you did actually try to do since November?

If you've been to the bottom of the barrel, then maybe help might be in order, but I'm willing to bet you haven't done the hard work with drive and tenacity to try to get out of your rut.

Prove me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom