• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Below (Capy) coming to Steam as well as Xbox One, new trailer, playable at PAX East

Nzyme32

Capy and Jim Guthrie doing the lords work, and on steam now! I hope you have an option to get a copy of the soundtrack via steam or other medium!

Chobel

Just some thought, Won't this delay the xbone version? I'm thinking Capy intention was to make Xbone version first (timed exclusive) and after some time release on other platforms (When it was published by MS). Now, they have to sit on xbone version and wait until PC version is finished.

Guymelef

Just some thought, Won't this delay the xbone version? I'm thinking Capy intention was to make Xbone version first (timed exclusive) and after some time release on other platforms. Now they have to sit on xbone version and wait until PC version is finished.

Probably PC version was first, and then XBO port.

Syril

I wonder what kind of game this is supposed to be. I wasn't really a fan of Sword and Sworcery, but this reminds me more of Journey.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Good that people like the trailer, but it totally left me thinking "after all this time.. that's it?"

Very good there's more info coming out of PAX though, so it'll be a good companion piece.

Hyper Light Drifter is probably more appealing to me style and gameplay wise, but I hope to fall for this game once it's gameplay becomes more evident.

Just some thought, Won't this delay the xbone version? I'm thinking Capy intention was to make Xbone version first (timed exclusive) and after some time release on other platforms (When it was published by MS). Now, they have to sit on xbone version and wait until PC version is finished.

I doubt it. The deal is likely to be not that new so they had plenty of time to port it or whatever. Or they're still releasing XB1 first but PC is just "when its done" not long after

StuBurns

Banned
Really...? Well... I'll still give it a try I guess.

"It's not a roguelike," explains Capy's Nathan Vella, trying not to offend purists of the genre. "It's a roguelike-like."

"The game's really about exploration," Vella says. "You're a tiny warrior, exploring the depths of a remote island. The first goal is to explore it, but really the key part of exploration is surviving."

Survival comes from "brutal but fair combat," and not being reckless in your exploration of the island. You're never going go die as a result of a poorly implemented game system, Vella promises. Your skill with sword and shield — and paying attention to your environment — will translate to a long and happier life in Below.

"If you manage to survive, that's where the discovery component comes in," he says. "That's when you start unlocking the potential of the game, the story, the lore and also what you can within the game itself."
http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/11/44...-is-an-ode-to-roguelikes-with-brutal-but-fair

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Hey folks - glad you seem to dig the trailer and the reveal at the end. We're super excited to be bringing the game to both platforms.

We'll be sharing a ton more info at PAX East, including more about platforms, more about the game, and so on.

I won't be on GAF much until PAX East is over, but if you have questions, post'em and I'll respond to them all when I get free time.

<3 <3

-Nathan from Capy

Excellent. I said you had my money on PC but if this is on PS4/Vita I'm going there.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Why would it delay the Xbone version?
ID@Xbox is only so that the Xbone version aren't delayed, it's not some altruistic mandate so the developer is forced to get maximum exposure throughout all channels.

This trailer fell flat for me.

RyudBoy

Pardon my ignorance, but type of game is this? Is it just exploration or do you get to fight monsters, etc? I really don't know what to think of it. Looks rather boring, but I'm intrigued at the same time. :/

The music however, sounds fantastic.

Jomjom

Banned
Hey folks - glad you seem to dig the trailer and the reveal at the end. We're super excited to be bringing the game to both platforms.

We'll be sharing a ton more info at PAX East, including more about platforms, more about the game, and so on.

I won't be on GAF much until PAX East is over, but if you have questions, post'em and I'll respond to them all when I get free time.

<3 <3

-Nathan from Capy

Hmmm... "more about platforms?" iOS, mac, kindle fire?

rybrad

Very awesome this is coming to Steam sooner instead of a timed exclusive. I was really excited when this was first announced and figured it would be a long wait.

nampad

This is good news for me, less games that tempt me into giving MS money for the Xbox One.

Prefer console gaming though but beggars can't e choosers.

Bsigg12

Not necessarily. They could release the Xbox One version first followed up by the PC version once it's done or maybe it is easier to port from the Xbox One than we know. Either way we never had a release date so it comes when it comes wthough the sooner the better. Hopefully they announce something regarding release date at PAX.

Schrade

Is Mitch Dyer the dude who danced onstage for the Kinect shit at E3? I think it was for Dance Central. If not, he looks like that dude.

Ps4 or Mac version for me please Capy...

to be honest though, not sure it's a day one yet. Atmosphere and music seem nice. But story and combat are kinda Mia atm...that's what will define a game like this IMO. Is there a leveling system?

Sallokin

Is that track that plays in the trailer available for purchase anywhere? I checked Jim Guthrie's bandcamp but didn't see anything. I looooove that song.

jacobeid

Banned
I'm very happy that this is coming to PC. One less reason to entice me to buy an XBO, which I really really really don't need.

Will Super Time Force be coming to Steam as well?

great! will get it for my PC instead of XB1 if it's day one on Steam too.

anyways, was it ever really going to be published by MS? I never read about that, I might had skipped it. on the other hand, are we sure it's going to be on Steam day one because of this? I'm asking this because I think it doesn't matter if a game is published by MS or not to have a timed exclusivity deal

Guymelef

great! will get it for my PC instead of XB1 if it's day one on Steam too.

anyways, was it ever really going to be published by MS? I never read about that, I might had skipped it. on the other hand, are we sure it's going to be on Steam day one because of this? I'm asking this because I think it doesn't matter if a game is published by MS or not to have a timed exclusivity deal

They had (still up) this immage on his web.
BELOW_COVER_L.jpg

Top Bottom