• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy to reduce anime inventory in 80% of stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Not surprised that the College Station store is having a clearance. I think I bought the only copies of Gurren Lagann sold in there.

Buba Big Guns said:
Good. Anime fucking sucks.

Fuck you too, buddy.
In before someone posts my avatar.

Koshiba

ZealousD said:
Stand Alone Complex still has an MSRP of about $100 a season. You can get them for around $60 a pop on DeepDiscount but still... =/

Really? I'm pretty sure there is an anime legends release of the first season at the very least for about $50.

neight

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
Bingo, just like I get pretty irritated when people say that there is a standard "anime" or "manga" art style.

There are a myriad of art styles prevalent in both mediums that there is no such thing as standard.
You wouldn't happen to post at CBR too would you?

neight

Banned
Calcaneus said:
The anime companies deserve for still filling shelves with nearly $30 dvds with only 6 episodes.
I regret buying the Ergo Proxy DVDs as they were coming out soooo much. Never again.

Tarazet

XiaNaphryz said:
There's also a bunch of stores in the Bay Area not on the list, so there will still be a good selection for those still interested in a wider anime selection post-clearance if they drive around.

I guess that's true. I wonder which San Jose store they're selling off.. there's one at Almaden Expwy/85 and another at Monterey/Curtner. Off the top of my head, the Redwood City store isn't on the list. Not that it matters much to me, I've never bought an anime in my life.

starmud

my town is listed D: which isn't much of a surprise given apple valley california is almost all 50+, though victorville stores arent listed (the next town over) which is nice n___n

Pein

Banned
I buy most of my anime at right stuf anyway but this still sucks

DarthWufei said:
All this news does is remind me that Monster hasn't been licensed. I doubt it ever will be.
I'm pretty sure viz mentioned they were doing something with monster

Calcaneus

Gamer @ Heart said:
SO much crap out on dvd. I've been wondering for years how companies could survive putting ouch all these unknown anime collections.
Exactly, do we need fucking Speed Grapher or Moon Phase on the shelves?

May16

giga said:
ftlljd.png
Yeah I was coming in here to link to that thread and say something like "Maybe in this economy, they can't have people scaring away so many other customers," or some such.

Beaten!

Diablos

Best Buy has been totally raping their media department for well over a year now. We're talking, like, huge boxes filled with various CD's and DVD's either being sent to other stores or back to the distributor to go elsewhere because they simply have no love for the product anymore. I would imagine a lot of this anime that's left in select stores is the stuff that has been sent around but is finally being phased out.

Pretty soon like 50% of "media" is gonna be mp3 players and download cards, lol. They want wireless to be its own thing and mp3 players to be a part of media, but they keep pushing the initiative back because Best Buy changes their plans more frequently than a woman going through menopause. They also suck ass.

Don't ask me how I know any of this!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
patrickthehedgehog said:
Kinda sad, but the shelves are almost always clogged with garbage. I hope the top sellers aren't BURST ANGEL and SUFFLE *gag*

Even worse, it'll be crap like Bleach and Naruto.

Diablos said:
Best Buy has been totally raping their media department for well over a year now. We're talking, like, huge boxes filled with various CD's and DVD's either being sent to other stores or back to the distributor to go elsewhere because they simply have no love for the product anymore. I would imagine a lot of this anime that's left in select stores is the stuff that has been sent around but is finally being phased out.

Pretty soon like 50% of "media" is gonna be mp3 players and download cards, lol. They want wireless to be its own thing and mp3 players to be a part of media, but they keep pushing the initiative back because Best Buy changes their plans more frequently than a woman going through menopause. They also suck ass.

Don't ask me how I know any of this!

I dont get the Best Buy business plan. The big ticket items (MP3 players, Tvs) can be had for so much cheaper elsewhere. Meanwhile, their gaming,movie and music selection is good....but could easily be so much better. A CD case doesnt take that much space, why not give us more of it?

Every time someone goes to best buy and doesnt find the CD they want, theyre going to look online....and once theyre satisfied online theyre not coming back to best buy.

Ive always felt they should organize their store more like a barnes and nobles. Have a partial second floor and pack it with media. Their ceilings are high enough.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
50% isn't that much for the price of some of those. Drop it to 75% and you may get me to bite on something... Nah, even then they are still over priced.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
So just taking a quick look at the list, unless the Best Buy in Rochester closed, it is one of the top stores. This is not surprising.

LuCkymoON said:
1032 North Irving TX
Holy shit this best buy has a huge anime selection! Although it's right next to a fry's with an even larger selection so they probably lose all of the buyers to them.

oh, this is the one right off 635? Maybe I'll stop by...

kIdMuScLe

wow! i didn't know there was a bestbuy in compton!!! shit no wonder they are gettin rid of their anime stocks... but im still surprised that compton is the only one gettin rid of it considering that there is about 4 bestbuy within 15 miles each. (downey, lakewood, compton, and cerritos)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom