• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best TV intro of all time?

HAYA8U5A

Chandler Bing Applause GIF

Game of Thrones is goated for being dynamic.
Fringe (also dynamic but not as frequent as GoT).
The X-Files
True Detective
Twin Peaks

Intros that haven't been mentioned:

Dark
Awesome show. Awesome intro.

The Walking Dead
The series shit the bed around Season 5/6 but hearing this intro in early seasons was great.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I'm going to go with the X-Files. It's iconic even thirty or so years after it released just because of its audio and visuals. And I wasn't even a fan of the show. I think I watched two episodes and barely remember the plot. Something about a wolf that was an alien or some shit.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

0:09 to 1:32

Obviously not.

This is the worst intro I have ever seen in my life.

This intro is like a Bizarre anomaly

Last edited:

E-Cat

Gold Member
ER is pretty good. Also Jeeves and Wooster. Curb is genius in its brevity

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member

Good god, I'd totally forgot about Flipper! I used to love that!

My memory is totally shot! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Finally! To me when it comes to TV openings, nothing beats this... remember it came out in 1967! And the opening already talks about the orwellian powers of governments facilitated by data collection and processing! Way, way ahead of its time, both thematically and aesthetically.
Brilliant show, and utterly bonkers. Even back then I used to think 'What the hell even is this, is this real?'

Loved it. I managed to grab the boxset from a charity shop a couple of months back, for £2. Someone didn't like it as much :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom