• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good & Evil Anniversary Edition Releases June 25

Draugoth

Gold Member
Beyond Good & Evil 20th Anniversary Edition will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC on June 25, Ubisoft announced.

Here is an overview of the game, via Ubisoft:

Swoop into the marvelous world of Hillys as action-reporter Jade to investigate the mysterious DomZ alien attacks alongside colorful characters, like her adoptive uncle Pey’j or the valiant Double H.
Embark on this epic adventure in up to 4K, 60 frames per second with improved graphics, controls, and audio, along with brand-new autosave and cross-save features.
Enjoy exclusive new rewards as you explore the planet and discover more about Jade’s past in a new treasure hunt throughout Hillys.
Put your skills to the test thanks to the new speedrun mode and updated achievements, and learn more about the game’s development and secrets in the anniversary gallery!

Armed with her dai-jo and faithful camera, Jade’s adventure will get you to freely explore Hillys, combat creatures large and small, infiltrate dangerous areas, solve enigmatic puzzles, play addictive mini-games, race the best hovercraft pilots, and take pictures of the whole experience.
Be ready to dive into a trailblazing blend of action gameplay and thrilling emotional cutscenes!

You'll be able to relive Jade's adventures in Beyond Good & Evil - 20th Anniversary Edition, coming June 25!

GQh4fmTXsAEaEa1

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Price?

I picked up the HD re-release for $2.99 at the start of the year, probably won't be picking it up again at launch.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Hope this is a free upgrade on PC. That version was always HD and 60fps, but it has some control and camera issues the console versions didn't and could use some touching up.

kiphalfton

Gold Member
Let that sink in: one of the coolest and most endearing Ubisoft games gets a shit press release announcing a release in 5 days.

This is how much they value the franchise.

Very suspect. AFAIK there has been no info, gameplay trailers, etc.

Hopefully this doesn't suck, as the previous version of the game isn't on steam anymore (however it may be able to be had from other PC store fronts potentially).

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I really hate that "A Ubisoft Original" shit

Any time that gets plastered onto one of their titles, it turns out to be trash

LordCBH

At least a 75% chance this will be a buggy mess. Probably a straight port of the HD version, which blew ass

If they'll do a physical release as well I'll probably pick it up.
Guess I'll have to answer myself. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Aditionally, a physical edition and Collector's Edition will be available through Limited Run Games, with preorders opening on July 12.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Is there anything wrong with Limited run? I bought couple games on there

Mostly ideological issues folks might have with them. They also do some other practices like artificial scarcity and ran into an issue where they were sending burnt CD-R's to people instead of actual pressed discs a few months back, but I think they made good for those people.

Is there anything wrong with Limited run? I bought couple games on there
As long as you don't:
  1. Order their CEs (they have long lead times for some of these),
  2. Purchase from outside of NA (they have rather high shipping fees for international customers)
Then it's mostly smooth sailing, with the exception of a few instances like the recent CD-R fiasco.

Ah, and yes, there's also the ideological issues that adamsapple mentioned in his reply in case you care about all that BS (I personally don't).

Last edited:

ShadowNate

LRG have also occasionally botched the contents of a USB stick or such by providing corrupted files or not including game versions they explicitly promised during the pre-orders time window. They have provided, to original buyers, corrected versions as digital downloads in each case (I think, maybe on some cases they didn't do anything because not enough people complained?) so if you don't mind overpaying and then getting a digital download, I guess you should be fine.

If you're buying said releases from eBay though, you're being screwed in more ways than one.

Top Bottom