• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good & Evil Anniversary Edition Releases June 25

Ceadeus

As long as you don't:
  1. Order their CEs (they have long lead times for some of these),
  2. Purchase from outside of NA (they have rather high shipping fees for international customers)
Then it's mostly smooth sailing, with the exception of a few instances like the recent CD-R fiasco.

Ah, and yes, there's also the ideological issues that adamsapple mentioned in his reply in case you care about all that BS (I personally don't).
One thing they're doing better compared to previous years is their refund system. Well, you can actually cancel an order yourself and get refunded without the need to contact LRG at all!

One thing though I dislike is their obvious limited time to secure a copy. After that? You rely on a little handful of reseller. Then if you're unlucky enough like I've been with both Turok 1 & 2, well there's either eBay or Marketplace. Which are a bunch of bloodsucking leech. You want Turok boxed on Switch but you missed the train? 250$CAN minimum on eBay! YAY

And I'm talking about the normal edition. Now I can't wait to see the unreleased Shantae game when it releases. The gameboy advance cartridge from LRG? It's gonna sell for a thousand, mark my word.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Hey that's the date I pick up my Ambien.

Anyways I have it on GOG so I'm good.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Any previews yet? This is really being sent to die huh? It even has a new minigame added that concludes with some sort of supposed connection to BG&E2. You'd think that alone would be giving it a little more of a push lol

Who here will guinea pig this romp?

Krathoon

OK. What keyboard key do you hit to use the camera? The symbol they are using makes no sense.

Edit: I figured it out. It is the caps lock. What an awkward key to use.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
The controls have been remapped to be more in keeping with modern titles and I found them to be smooth and responsive on PS5. Perhaps the most important improvement is the introduction of an invert option for all game modes, solving one of the biggest complaints the original game faced. The fantastic ring-based keyboard is retained and still feels head and shoulders above all other methods of text entry on controller.

Happy Homer Simpson GIF

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Never played this. Did it age well? Worth a playthrough?

Yes

It's a cult classic from a bygone era where unique and creative ideas were embraced, not rejected for the sake of the masses

I personally think it holds up better than a lot of 6th gen titles, and especially now that the controls have been tweaked.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

The water and reflections look better on the decade+ old X360 HD version ..

YTPkhAF.png

I appreciate the resolution boost and some of the rework but don't see any reason here, personally, to get the new one as I already have the X360 version.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
The culturally misappropriated character models of the rhinos look great though. Clearly work was done here.

jsghZyQ.jpeg

For $20 it’s absolutely worth getting. Just for the soundtrack and Pokémon Snap-ish photo hunting alone to me.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
What kind of game is it?

Action adventure with some light puzzles in a pretty realized cartoony world that’s surprisingly dark. People liked to compare it Zelda because you got heart containers 😑

There might be some minor Zelda-isms, but it ain’t Zelda. It really has kinda remained unique all these years later. It’s hard to compare it stuff out there. It’s always been it’s own thing in a way.

Check it out.

Mithos

The water and reflections look better on the decade+ old X360 HD version ..

I appreciate the resolution boost and some of the rework but don't see any reason here, personally, to get the new one as I already have the X360 version.
Agree, many things look better in the old HD version (that I actually own on PS3) then this new "remastered" version, other things look better in the new "remastered" version.

The same old "modern audience bootup screen" in the new "remastered" version, makes the old HD version the superior version though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom