• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops 6 to Be Another “DLC” Download for Call of Duty Warzone; Same With MW3

Draugoth

Gold Member
For those who bought Modern Warfare 3, you might have noticed when downloading it that it essentially got absorbed by the Call of Duty Warzone launcher (app). Well, it seems that’ll be the case again when Black Ops 6 gets released later this year.

This was spotted on Call of Duty: Black Ops 6’s Steam file (via Mysterious_Ad7559), where you can plainly see it tagged as “DLC” in the app type.

8b7523e1yr3d1.jpg

916333e1yr3d1.jpg

Source

AJUMP23

They just want you to play war zone that is the money maker. Everything else is just the annual engagement drive.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
All of this and likely how it always will be moving forward with all CODs

Hungry Food GIF

It's a stupid fucking decision well worth criticizing, though. On Steam, at least, having multiple games ("DLCs") attached to a single library entity (CoD HQ) means that you can't track playtime separately for each game; screenshots are no longer nicely organized by game; the discussion forums are a complete mess because Activision's too stupid to add sub-forums specific to each game; and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if refunding is a lot harder when, for example, you played BO6 for just an hour but Steam shows CoD HQ with 200 hours of playtime. On top of that the interface is fucking abysmal because HQ defaults to the newest game, meaning if you want to play an older game you have to wait while it boots to the newest title, then restart if there's an update, then wait while the launcher reboots to the older title, then restart again if there's an update, and only then can you actually start playing the damn game.

All of this bullshit and for what benefit? What reason could Activision possibly have to justify this crap?

Going forward, future Call of Duty® titles can be played from the same location on Steam. This should make deploying to the battlefield even more straightforward, so you and your squad can worry less about where to launch and more about how to score your next victory.

Oh, they think we're literal retards who can't even choose between two icons on Steam without having an aneurysm.

Kinda like it like that. I can launch all my cod game and play which on it. Also it just mean, all my skins will carry over I’m sure.

LordCBH

Fucking GROSS. The CoD HQ app is the single worst thing Activision has EVER made. I got MW2 last year, popped it in my Xbox and it downloaded 100GB of shit. I launched the HQ app and it told me MW2 wasn’t installed and I had to install like another 50GB of shit.

If Microsoft didn’t suck ass they’d tell Activision to get rid of the HQ app.

edit: and when MW3 dropped it made me reinstall MW2 for some dumbass reason, and now the app took up even more space.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
I guess they have some scummy reasons for this, but I won’t support it. Let CoD die and some worthwhile dev/publisher pick up the mantle.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Let CoD die and some worthwhile dev/publisher pick up the mantle.

To all the assholes who didn't play Titanfall and Titanfall 2.

Going back if Titanfall had been a multiplat game maybe the TF2 MP would have evolved more and by now we would have a true Titanfall MP game taking over the CoD crown

But alas I was born in the wrong universe and both TitanFall games had their MP die way way too soon.
I wanna go to that universe where Titanfall was a huge success.

I feel sorry for kids playing games nowadays. The golden years are gone and the future of gaming is bleak. We might get a gem once or twice per year but thats about it. We used to get 7 per year. We used to wake up and find announcements for awesome games. Nowadays all we get is hero shooters and battllepasses. A call of duty campaign used to be fucking insane. Now its just a husk.

Fabieter

They make it really hard for me to even consider trying modern cod again. But rumors say there is gonna be doom in the next 12 month so iam good.

Top Bottom