• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops 6 to Be Another “DLC” Download for Call of Duty Warzone; Same With MW3

diffusionx

Gold Member
I am really starting to wonder why people continue to put up with this franchise. It's sucked for years and the live service stuff is overbearing and somehow worse than free games like Apex. The games are coming out half-baked and shitty and it takes the devs 6 months to fix it, at which point the game's life cycle is almost over. It takes up your entire hard drive. I loved the series on 360, loved MW19, loved BOCW, but it's just crap now and time for a new franchise to take over.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I am really starting to wonder why people continue to put up with this franchise. It's sucked for years and the live service stuff is overbearing and somehow worse than free games like Apex. The games are coming out half-baked and shitty and it takes the devs 6 months to fix it, at which point the game's life cycle is almost over. It takes up your entire hard drive. I loved the series on 360, loved MW19, loved BOCW, but it's just crap now and time for a new franchise to take over.
Can only answer for myself but MW3 MP is in a great place while yes the campaign was stupid short, uninspired glorified DLC for MW2

Now those who buy COD for the campaign only can at least buy just a month of Gamepass and beat it and never play it again.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Its going to be a monster
Concord releasing two months before this:
Tommy-gets-whacked-in-Goodfellas.jpg

diffusionx

Gold Member
Can only answer for myself but MW3 MP is in a great place while yes the campaign was stupid short, uninspired glorified DLC for MW2

Now those who buy COD for the campaign only can at least buy just a month of Gamepass and beat it and never play it again.
I played the MW3 beta, it played like a patch to MW2 (which was horrible) and didn't even look good. Ultimately a low effort release with near 15 year old maps. I'm glad you like it but it's not good enough for $70.

Treyarch was given 4 years to make Black Ops 6. The most ever for a COD game. It's going to shatter records.

MS is smart for calling it Black Ops 6 instead of Gulf War like ABK was going to.
Even if this game is good, and I have doubts (got suckered by MW2, never again), this is the problem isn't it. You have one good game that is dropped after a year and then years of garbage afterwards. But even that good game is full price and married to an awful live service and takes up all your storage. Just feels like the most successful game in the industry should be better than this shit.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Concord releasing two months before this:
Tommy-gets-whacked-in-Goodfellas.jpg
Concord releasing at any point

dead black and white GIF

I played the MW3 beta, it played like a patch to MW2 (which was horrible) and didn't even look good. Ultimately a low effort release with near 15 year old maps. I'm glad you like it but it's not good enough for $70.

Even if this game is good, and I have doubts (got suckered by MW2, never again), this is the problem isn't it. You have one good game that is dropped after a year and then years of garbage afterwards. But even that good game is full price and married to an awful live service and takes up all your storage. Just feels like the most successful game in the industry should be better than this shit.
No worries I get it if people didn't like it and I agree it doesn't look stellar but I play at 120 fps on console which lowers the rez even more and is another reason it needs to get off last gen consoles

MikeM

Physical is just a download key for the DLC:

Hell, MWIII physical didn't even have MWIII on the disc. It just had MWII.

Wasn't COD one of the first games to pull that stunt where the disc is basically empty and you have to download the rest of the game anyways?
The argument is I can sell it back to GameStop, other people etc to recover a lot of cost back.

SHA

I believe expensive shitty games exist cause someone from the higher-ups taking consumers for granted.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Surely you can’t share or trade the Blu-ray if the actual game’s a DLC code.

That's not how it works, there's no chit with a DLC code inside. The disc will entitle the console to download the content from the store. Whoever has that disc can put it in their console to get that entitlement.

Last edited:

Goalus

That's not how it works, there's no chit with a DLC code inside. The disc will entitle the console to download the content from the store. Whoever has that disc can put it in their console to get that entitlement.
So after downloading, I can give the disc away and still play? I don't think it works that way.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So after downloading, I can give the disc away and still play? I don't think it works that way.

No, you need the disk in for verification like all disk based games, people are using the word DLC incorrectly here, it's just the launcher is unified, the rest of the game content is still unique

Goalus

No, you need the disk in for verification like all disk based games, people are using the word DLC incorrectly here, it's just the launcher is unified, the rest of the game content is still unique
Is that so?
That's what I was actually wondering about: can a disc work as a key for DLC just like it can be the key for a main game. On the other hand: I bought Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate (which includes the DLC) on disc, so I guess that answers the question.

Last edited:

Three

Neon Xenon

Every piece of news about CoD and every IP collaboration announcement (which are making me more bored with seeing each new collab the same way Fortnite does, ironically) make me glad that I have no personal connection with any part of this franchise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom