• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne intro CGI uncensored

I remember the E3 reveal. The music used in that trailer was so creepy and eerie, it was great!

Edit: If there is a list of games of the generation, Bloodborne should definitely be on it!

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Glad i never got the game.
Damn sony censorship.

Anyone can send a link on twitter what we cancelling today?

Saber

Gold Member
Very slightly change. Its basicaly 4 seconds of a blood splatter...not sure why it was censored.

Geki-D

Banned
Doesn't really seem like censoring so much as they just thought that last bit was probably useless or the intro. You're gonna tell me they had to censor some blood hitting the floor but in the actual version we got, at 1:37 they didn't have to censor a guy getting fucking cleaved down with blood splatter then being stabbed on the ground also with blood splatter?

The real takeaway here is that these days people throw around the word "censor" way too easily to a such a point it no longer has a meaning.

Handy Fake

Doesn't really seem like censoring so much as they just thought that last bit was probably useless or the intro. You're gonna tell me they had to censor some blood hitting the floor but in the actual version we got, at 1:37 they didn't have to censor a guy getting fucking cleaved down with blood splatter then being stabbed on the ground also with blood splatter?

The real takeaway here is that these days people throw around the word "censor" way too easily to a such a point it no longer has a meaning.
They might have had to censor it for primetime viewing. I'd presume it was more to do with TV spots than anything else.
For instance - and this is something that irks me beyond belief - reruns of Forged in Fire in the UK shown before 9pm edit out the blade tests on human analogues and dead animals.
Which, let's face it, are the most entertaining bits.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
They might have had to censor it for primetime viewing. I'd presume it was more to do with TV spots than anything else.
The intro wasn't used for ads and if it was they would have also had to censor a whole load of stuff way worse than that part.

This was the Bloodborne TV ad:

Last edited:

Handy Fake

The intro wasn't used for ads and if it was they would have also had to censor a whole load of stuff way worse than that part.

This was the Bloodborne TV ad:

Fair enough chief. In that case I suspect it was a creative decision since there's obviously more and worse going on in other adverts for the game.

I stand by my irritation over Forged in Fire though. ;)

Top Bottom