• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What if Bloodborne 2... by Naughty Dog?

yurinka

So let's say Sony wanted to make Bloodborne 2 but From didn't. Would Naughty Dog be the next best choice? Neil Druckman is a BIG From fan and his expertise would really help polish the world of Bloodborne I think.
Impossible, it has a white male protagonist.

ComputerBlue

Gold Member
Do you want to actually play a game or do you want to listen to a story about modernieval fantasy social issues?

Last edited:
Bloodborne is an Action/RPG, that has Japanese game design written all over it.

Naughty Dog make some of the best looking 10 hour walking simulators made for casuals.

They would probably have Amelia and the Hunter, singing kumbaya into the wilderness for 10 hours straight like this:

survive video game GIF

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
dude what if like nintendo made sonic dude

PeteBull

Bloodborne is an Action/RPG, that has Japanese game design written all over it.

Naughty Dog make some of the best looking 10 hour walking simulators made for casuals.

They would probably have Amelia and the Hunter, singing kumbaya into the wilderness for 10 hours straight like this:

survive video game GIF
Over 50% of npcs would be non binary obviously, and all the hidden story would be about hardships of transformers in western society xD

I'm nobody

So let's say Sony wanted to make Bloodborne 2 but From didn't. Would Naughty Dog be the next best choice? Neil Druckman is a BIG From fan and his expertise would really help polish the world of Bloodborne I think.
Naaa u need Res evil creators on this with vr

Hudo

Gold Member
This would be the worst combination of game developer and game concept I have ever seen. Naughty Dog have no staff that could pull off a game like Bloodborne. It's like asking Michael Bay to make a Lord of the Rings movie.

Shifty1897

Naughty Dog is a prestige studio, they would never work on someone else's IP. They would see that as "beneath them".

THE DUCK

Banned
I feel like some of you on those forum need to seek some sort of therapy for your bloodborne infatuation. I mean this could be the most overrated game of all time. I wouldn't want naughty dog diverted to this.

Ogbert

Naught Dog would be the last studio I would give it to.

In fact, the only ones that could come close to a From title are Nintendo EPD and Capcom.

StueyDuck

why?

it has nothing to do with Naughty dog themselves, i know it's cool to hate them here, but they are a top tier studio, they just don't make that sort of game so it would be silly to give it to them when for the same price you could probably incentivise From to do a sequel.

Naughty Dog shifted from platformers with some open world tendencies to linear story games, nothing is impossible.
With the right creative vision any studio can make any game. Games fail because the top dogs are not adequately good at their job, not because all the worker bees sucked. Maybe Druckman could do it, maybe some other head would need to lead something like that. Writer does not have to do much with Souls stuff, unless they get finally a bit more than vague whatever, but the art director would have to work hard to shangri la the shit out of their previous approaches. Light hearted Indiana Jones or fungus apocalypse does not need as much deviation from reality as fantasy stuff. Or maybe one very grounded soulslike, so not necessarily Bloodborne, would actually be an interesting spin with most of the others trying hard to copy paste From instead of coming up with something more like Surge or Remnant.

Top Bottom