• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Blue Lives Matter" sign put up near site where Walter Scott was killed by the police

LionPride

Banned
i love how fucking dumb this country is.

black lives matter = YOU HATE THE POLICE
blue lives matter =YOU HATE BLACKS

why cant i think African Americans have been disproportionately targeted, harmed, and killed by the police to unacceptable numbers while still showing support for law enforcement that does its job properly?
Because Blue Lives Matter is a harmful, offensive phrase created to combat Black Lives Matter.

Slayven

I like how wanting to stop police from killing people is a binary choice. If you want them to stop and their to be oversight, you are antipolice

Mahonay

Banned

why cant i think African Americans have been disproportionately targeted, harmed, and killed by the police to unacceptable numbers while still showing support for law enforcement that does its job properly?
You have very little understanding of what Blue Lives Matters actually is. You either haven't seen much on it at all, or you're ok with it's blatant racist overtones.

Both sides!!!! Amirite?

It's not even kind of funny to play this off as innocent. Blue Lives Matter is literally saying "Shut the fuck up black people, we got the police's back".

That's it. Nothing more. If you think otherwise you are wrong.

The major difference between "Black Lives Matter" and "Blue Lives Matter" is that in the overwhelming majority of these stories, the blue lives are what matters. They get to go home at the end of the day usually with nothing more than a slap on the wrist (if that). The black victim doesn't because they're fucking dead.

Mahonay

Banned
The major difference between "Black Lives Matter" and "Blue Lives Matter" is that in the overwhelming majority of these stories, the blue lives are what matters. They get to go home at the end of the day usually with nothing more than a slap on the wrist (if that). The black victim doesn't because they're fucking dead.
God damn. Well said.

Because when people take a 'blue lives matter' stance it's always, always, always done while standing over the corpse of a dead black man. It literally erases the dead black man in the equation.

Top Bottom