• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bombs detonated at Boston Marathon finish line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guevara

Sounds like terrorism to me:
  1. Warnings of other unexploded handbags
  2. SWAT team was advised to get their rifles and gear
  3. Call for Bomb Squad to the finish line

andthebeatgoeson

BH6fCgFCQAERWMB.jpg:large

Is that 2 explosions? One that's further in the distance and one going off just as the picture is snapped?

Christ, who would do this? :/

Wonder if they will even get caught.

School shootings are huge things, but this is just next level, and sounds like the next logical thing to do for crazy ass killers looking for attention.

I mean, with guns we have a clear identified killer, bombs are just something else

Crisco

Banned
So this is either a very sick person (think James Holmes/Adam Lanza type) or a foreign terrorist attack. I can't imagine any domestic terror group having a beef with the Boston Marathon.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
what. the. fuck.

Enco

Hoping that this was just a gas explosion or some type of accident.

Have to say though, it's not looking likely at the moment.

Horrible for those people either way :(
Looks too planned to be an accident.

So this is either a very sick person (think James Holmes/Adam Lanza type) or a foreign terrorist attack. I can't imagine any domestic terror group having a beef with the Boston Marathon.
Don't see why any foreign person would want to target this.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Trurl

Banned
I can't think of a single reason why somebody would do this. Maybe it's a random target similar to some shooting sprees. Would a McVeigh type attack a marathon? Not that it makes a difference to the victims, but I hope this isn't in any way tied to Al-qaeda this nation's psychological healing process has taken over a decade and a confirmed attack would set the progress back.

Hopefully the human loss will be minimal. :-(

akira28

so at the finish line...bad timer?

wasn't an IED with a cell detonator? NO local observer? Cameras to see who planted what when? NO warnings or people taking responsibility?

We want more info. But I'm guessing so do they.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom