• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bounty Battle on FIG - Your favorite indie heroes brawl (consoles,PC)

Giga Man

Can't say I'm into the combat and animations, but I'll wait and see more. Obviously, I want to see Shovel Knight and Shantae. Quote would be cool, too.

Camjo-Z

Wow. Not 3 days after I post this...

Still waiting for someone to actually rip off Smash Bros properly and make a full indie crossover fighter.

...someone actually makes it. Welp, guess I have no choice but to pledge or be a huge hypocrite! Hopefully they manage to get the really big names in there too, Awesomenauts and Guacamelee characters are cool but guys from stuff like Undertale or Shovel Knight would really sell it.

People who are comparing this to Smash really need to read the about section of the campaign page.

DAmDbK4.jpg

Ehhhh.

One important aspect of the game is resource management. Unlike many brawler games, Bounty Battle requires you to manage a life gauge as well as an energy gauge for Bounty Points.

You can create devastating combos if you learn to manage your energy .

You can make Bounty Actions using Bounty Points

The game has some original features that allow players to add elements of strategy as well as deepen the gameplay.

There are different ways to earn Bounty Points. You can acquire them by creating combos, but also by destroying your opponents. If you win, you earn even more money!

Be careful! You will lose Bounty Points if your gameplay lacks originality...

As we have seen above, it is possible to use this currency in order to create Bounty Actions, but you can also use your Bounty Points to buy Minions! Don't worry, this is all in game, there are no microtransactions!

Minions at your service !

Once you earn Bounty Points, an indicator will appear under your hero, so you can bring up your minion. Each hero can summon his own minion, but be careful, your minion will disappear with you if you are destroyed.

Certain attacks may affect you, your team, or your opponents by a special status marker, which can be positive or negative. These effects are often caused by powerful attacks that consume energy.

Hint: most negative status markers can be canceled by quickly shaking your joystick several times.

Keep an eye out for falling stars! If you see small bright lights falling down the screen, grab them for temporary speed, life, and energy regeneration bonuses.

This is very, very different from Smash.

Shovel Knight
Red from Transistor
Isaac (from The Binding of)
One of the glass dudes from Superhot
Spelunky
Woah Dave
Hollow Knight

Would be nice.

Valahart

I want this to be good but the huge amount of characters is actually a red flag for me.

They can't possibly polish enough that amount of different characters in the first try. They should start small and slowly add new ones.

I feel like the actual gameplay is going to be too casual for my taste. I can't actually see much on that overpolluted video though.

shaowebb

This thing is starting to pick up momentum now! 30 days to go on the campaign and its halfway to goal . :D

Really can't wait to see some stuff with Trace from Axiom Verge.

Feel like this campaign running at the same time as Fantasy Strike really kills Fantasy Strike's chance of succeeding.

Can I get the kid from Inside?
Maybe with a super/smash where he turns into the blob?

J-Tier

83% I'm surprised that Fig actually gets backers. I haven't really followed anything on Fig outside of Psychonauts 2.

Tetrobot from Blocks that Matter makes me smile. I forgot about this puzzle game and how much I enjoyed it.

Monkey Blue

Neo Member
https://www.fig.co/campaigns/jay-and-silent-bob-chronic-blunt-punch?update=411#updates

Support Bounty Battle:

There is an awesome fighting game campaign which launched on Fig a little over a week ago, called Bounty Battle that we are helping to support and we hope you can too.

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/bounty-battle

Bounty Battle is a fast paced 4 player fighter that features some of dopest indie game characters in video games. In addition to a roster of 10 unique fighters, Bounty Battle pits characters from more than 20 beloved indie games including Darkest Dungeon, Awesomenauts, Guacamelee, Nuclear Throne and more making the ultimate fighting game. We will be including some of our characters in the game as well, with the hopes of adding JASB from Chronic Blunt Punch in the game for DLC.

Looks like this game might get Jay & Silent Bob in it.

Galamauth

Until I see Quote and Lemeza, I sleep.
Also the art style or presentation is looking kinda clustery, wish they would've went with a sprite style personally.

J-Tier

For reference, officially announced guests so far:

Juan from Guacamelee!
Harry from The Bug Butcher
Sheriff Lonestar from Awesomenauts
Thora from Jotun
Trace from Axiom Verge
Tetrobot from Blocks That Matter
Captain Flinthook from Flinthook
Violet and King Flavius from The Metronomicon
Gully and Calibretto from Battle Chasers
Crusader from Darkest Dungeon
Marduk from Undungeon
Otus from Owlboy*
Eshe from Sundered
Fish from Nuclear Throne
The Unslain from Doko Roko
Pankapu from Pankapu
Hermetic Champion from Tower of Samsara
Shield Maiden from Eitr
Rudy from Blubber Busters
Agent of Death from Death's Gambit
Rad Rodgers from Rad Rodgers
Stargrove from Ruin of the Reckless
Raz from Psychonauts
Struggles from Super Comboman*
Jay and Silent Bob from Jay and Silent Bob: Chronic Blunt Punch*

* Present in the reveal trailer. Dunno who Male Viking, Gnome and Robot are. Robot is probably one of the original characters.

J-Tier

Wow, they're reducing original characters down to five and want to have around 50 indie guests. That's crazy.

spad3

Character requests:

Red - Transistor
Commander Video - Bit.Trip Series
Sword Fighter - Nidhogg
Super Meat Boy - Super Meat Boy
Cuphead - Cuphead
The Kid - Bastion
Shantae - Shantae: Half Genie Hero
Last but def not least, Runner - Canabalt

We definitely need Shovel Knight.

Also, I was surprised it had raised 30k+ with apparently relatively few backers, so I did some calculations:

1 x 3000 = 3000
4 x 170 = 680
2 x 120 = 240
31 x 50 = 1550
29 x 40 = 1160
69 x 25 = 1725
100 x 20 = 2000
---------------------
Total 10355

Unless there's something obvious that I'm missing, that's quite a far cry from the 33k and change the game has raised, so I'm assuming the remaining 23k come from investors? If this is typical, it might pay off to fund one's game through Fig or any site that allows private investing, I believe Kickstarter doesn't?

D3VI0US

It's hard to judge without getting hands on but just from video this doesn't look good to me. The characters are and animations are ugly and it just doesn't have that Smash feel.

Also no Shovel Knight is great, he's too good for this game and honestly one of the few indies that deserves to be in Smash proper. I'm hoping he's one of the new additions for Switch.

J-Tier

Roster update:

Hero from Dead Cells
Rusty from Steamworld Dig
Oddmar from Viking Mushroom
Max from Mutant Mudds
The Penitent from Blasphemous
Mooka from Mooka the Caveman
Juan from Guacamelee!
Thora from Jotun
Trace from Axiom Verge
Marduk from Undungeon
Otus from Owlboy
Eshe from Sundered
Fish from Nuclear Throne
Pankapu from Pankapu
Shield Maiden from Eitr 
Raz from Psychonauts
Struggles from Super Comboman
Jay and Silent Bob from Jay and Silent Bob: Chronic Blunt Punch

Roster update:

Hero from Dead Cells
Rusty from Steamworld Dig
Oddmar from Viking Mushroom
Max from Mutant Mudds
The Penitent from Blasphemous
Mooka from Mooka the Caveman
Juan from Guacamelee!
Thora from Jotun
Trace from Axiom Verge
Marduk from Undungeon
Otus from Owlboy
Eshe from Sundered
Fish from Nuclear Throne
Pankapu from Pankapu
Shield Maiden from Eitr 
Raz from Psychonauts
Struggles from Super Comboman
Jay and Silent Bob from Jay and Silent Bob: Chronic Blunt Punch

LMAO with Jay and Silent Bob.

Camjo-Z

Liking some of these character additions, definitely wanna play as Rad Rodgers and Max. I wonder if there's any chance of getting Battle Princess Madelyn in there?

Layell

Trace from Axiom Verge is really promising from a gameplay perspective but too bad his design doesn't feel all there.

Top Bottom