• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

California & Germany Sign Joint Statement On Climate Cooperation

Just days after California Governor Jerry Brown ended his week-long California-China Climate Mission, the Governor signed and issued a joint statement on climate cooperation between the state and Germany.

Meeting in San Francisco, California Governor Jerry Brown met with German Federal Minister for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety, Barbara Hendricks, to solidify existing cooperation between the two governments and further California’s global leadership on climate change. This comes on the heels of not only Governor Brown’s dismissal of US President Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris Climate Agreement, but also a week-long trip to China where Governor Brown signed several agreements with states and the Chinese Government to strengthen ties and boost cooperation on the development of green technology.
https://cleantechnica.com/2017/06/14/california-germany-sign-joint-statement-climate-cooperation/

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Woo CaliGaf, we're nature buddies now! <3 <3

Loxley

Can States sign international deals on their own?

I think States can't sign treaties on their own with foreign powers, but this isn't a treaty. It seems like it's just a non-binding agreement that says California will uphold the same standards for combating climate change as Germany.

VeeP

You are aware that several major US states and dozens of American cities have made similar declarations, right?

I was not. Thank you for informing me. Is there a link or someplace where I can read about American cities who have made a similar declaration?

Top Bottom