• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts online multiplayer discussion thread

Can anyone tell me how to get better at this game. I play domination, kill confirmed, and free for all.

Main weapons are honey badger and msbs.

Came back from a long hiatus and I'm having like 2-20 games.

Any tips

I've always found it best to just slow my game down when I'm playing like shit.

Don't assume anything. "Oh, I can just run in there and shoot first, I can just go to that area and gets a few kills."

Less running-and-gunning and more strategical movement around the map slowly, not putting yourself in a position where you could get shot from somewhere you are not facing.

I've always found it best to just slow my game down when I'm playing like shit.

Don't assume anything. "Oh, I can just run in there and shoot first, I can just go to that area and gets a few kills."

Less running-and-gunning and more strategical movement around the map slowly, not putting yourself in a position where you could get shot from somewhere you are not facing.

"camp"

purg3

slept with Malkin
Can anyone tell me how to get better at this game. I play domination, kill confirmed, and free for all.

Any tips

Always be flanking and check the corners. Always assume someone will be around the next corner. So pre ads'ing or prefiring around corners helps. Use the radar and stay off it yourself. I didn't really play those modes as much, but these should be useful in any mode.

Any tips

Start firing from the hip into ads also like people said anticipate gun fights and prefire. A good headset to sound whore helps a lot.

I played for the first time since Titanfall came out over the weekend and it reminded me how disappointing cod ghosts is. This is the first game I stoped buying the map packs for.

maxagombar1

Neo Member

Any tips

Learn the radar it can't be under stated how important that is. Where your team aren't, the enemy are, if that makes sense. Use a suppressor and learn to be where the enemy are/will be. And even playing without team work you'll be able to ghost in and maintain a 2-3 kdr from experience

I had a really weird couple of games this morning (360). I jumped in to a few hardcore domination matches and I got penalized for team killing whenever I hit any other player (from either team).

I thought it was strange and realized I wasn't even listed as a participant on either team! This happened a few times, and the score was "Tied" but only orange had 900+ points.

I took an image. My gamertag is Palacebrothers and I'm not listed....weird.

JkS3lF9.jpg

mf.luder

I had this happen maybe a month ago. I took a video of it. I was playing kill confirmed and the score was 350 to like 7 and everyone I saw had an orange name bar but when I shot them it was a team kill.

Stantron

I thought this game was supposed to have dedicated servers on XBO. Every game I play, I'm lagging behind by a significant amount. Barely any of my shots come out on the kill cam. It's extremely frustrating to have this happen over and over again even though I'm on a wired 120 down, 11 up and 11 ping connection. Not fun. I really wish I was on an even playing field. :mad:

Deadbeat

Banned
I thought this game was supposed to have dedicated servers on XBO. Every game I play, I'm lagging behind by a significant amount. Barely any of my shots come out on the kill cam. It's extremely frustrating to have this happen over and over again even though I'm on a wired 120 down, 11 up and 11 ping connection. Not fun. I really wish I was on an even playing field. :mad:
It does have dedicated servers. What they do is set the tickrate and bandwidth to stupidly low levels to cram as many games on one server cluster to save money. Basically you end up with an experience thats just as bad if not worse than p2p.

Thats why nowadays when a company says "dedicated servers" it means fuck all.

Windam

Scaley member
Spawn deaths. Spawn deaths everywhere. :(

...and I used $3.99 of the $10 PSN credit I got with my PS4 on the Ripper. That was a horrible decision on my part. There's nothing special about it at all.

drotahorror

It does have dedicated servers. What they do is set the tickrate and bandwidth to stupidly low levels to cram as many games on one server cluster to save money. Basically you end up with an experience thats just as bad if not worse than p2p.

Still have host disconnects.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Every map pack has looked fantastic. I'm really impressed and may consider buying the season pass for AW for the first time ever.

Hip Hop

Spawn deaths. Spawn deaths everywhere. :(

...and I used $3.99 of the $10 PSN credit I got with my PS4 on the Ripper. That was a horrible decision on my part. There's nothing special about it at all.

I just got to the game as well for my Xbox One. Loved the Ripper ever since I picked it up. Want to buy it but waiting on a good deal on the season pass. $15 is way too much for just one weapon/4 maps.

The recoil is great for an SMG.

eek5

I played 100+ hrs of Ghost and got host disconnects all the time. Connection was all over the place too.

You'll see it a lot when you matchmake with a party and hit an established group of people who are pulling host then shit all over them.

I do believe the when they said they had dedicated matchmaking servers but actual dedicated game servers? Doubt it.

Stantron

Ugh. I like playing the game, but this shit is so infuriating. I feel like I'm almost always on the losing end of the stick. If this happened to me as much as it happens to them, it would at least be slightly more bearable but that's not the case. If an enemy and I know where each other are, I might as well not engage because most of my shots won't even come out. Or I'll get the first shots off on my screen, but on the kill cam, it will show my reticle jolt off target then die. What the fuck do I need to do to get a decent connection? What if I downgrade my internet?

Bishop89

anyone having these lag spikes for the ps4 version?

As of couple days ago, ghosts has not been running that smoothly for me.

Just wondering if its cod or my Modem/ISP

Stantron

The in game lobby says I have a moderate NAT even though my xbone OS says I have an open NAT. I have all the proper xbl ports forwarded, and the two ports specific to Ghosts. I've even tried it in DMZ mode which opens all the ports for the IP address. Anyone else have this issue?

If I plug directly into the modem in DMZ mode, it will show NAT as open in game, but then a couple days later it will change to moderate even though nothing else changed.

vin-buc

The in game lobby says I have a moderate NAT even though my xbone OS says I have an open NAT. I have all the proper xbl ports forwarded, and the two ports specific to Ghosts. I've even tried it in DMZ mode which opens all the ports for the IP address. Anyone else have this issue?

If I plug directly into the modem in DMZ mode, it will show NAT as open in game, but then a couple days later it will change to moderate even though nothing else changed.

I put my PS4 on the DMZ (assign static IP address to PS4 then add static IP to DMZ in router admin console). This makes my Nat Open. I still lag sometimes depending on who i'm playing with and where they are. I suffered in the beginning and found out my TV was the culprit (display lag). Ever since I began playing on a 24" monitor w/ 1ms refresh rate - i've been pretty much beasting it. Went from a negative kd to 1.83 (over the course of a few months). The display is just as important as the connection. Got 23 days in.

Nori Chan

Anybody know what's the quickest way to hit max prestige in this game? I literally don't care about stats anymore (was at a 2.0), I just really want to hit max prestige the fastest way possible.

X1 btw

Stantron

I put my PS4 on the DMZ (assign static IP address to PS4 then add static IP to DMZ in router admin console). This makes my Nat Open. I still lag sometimes depending on who i'm playing with and where they are. I suffered in the beginning and found out my TV was the culprit (display lag). Ever since I began playing on a 24" monitor w/ 1ms refresh rate - i've been pretty much beasting it. Went from a negative kd to 1.83 (over the course of a few months). The display is just as important as the connection. Got 23 days in.

Yeah, that's the way I've done it as well; static IP and then set to DMZ in the router. Still shows as moderate. :/

Thanks for the feedback. Good to know that switching to a super low refresh rate monitor helped you out. I'm not sure that's an option for me as the xbone is setup by the living room TV. I can't imagine my refresh rate being that bad though. And when the lag I'm experiencing is consistently in the 0.5 to 1.0+ second range, I don't think a sub 100 ms improvement will help much. I don't notice it as a problem for other games I play either.

vin-buc

Yeah, that's the way I've done it as well; static IP and then set to DMZ in the router. Still shows as moderate. :/

Thanks for the feedback. Good to know that switching to a super low refresh rate monitor helped you out. I'm not sure that's an option for me as the xbone is setup by the living room TV. I can't imagine my refresh rate being that bad though. And when the lag I'm experiencing is consistently in the 0.5 to 1.0+ second range, I don't think a sub 100 ms improvement will help much. I don't notice it as a problem for other games I play either.

It doesn't hurt to check. I always watch the killcams to see the exchange - on my TV it was ridiculous it showed things i didn't see. Here's the database to find out how much lag your TV has:

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

anyone having these lag spikes for the ps4 version?

As of couple days ago, ghosts has not been running that smoothly for me.

Just wondering if its cod or my Modem/ISP

It may be lag you're seeing, or it may be framerate spikes/ drops that I have noticed more and more. I've bounced quite a bit back and forth between the XB1 and PS4 versions and it seems to be a compromise either way. XB1 the lower resolution is obvious but it seems to run smoother. PS4 looks much better but gets a choppy framerate at times. Hope this doesn't carry over into Advanced Warfare.

jkanownik

There are a ton of issues with Xbox One and NAT. Too many to list in a single post, but here are a few:

• Auto on on the Xbox One can interfere with NAT
  • uPnP on your router can interfere with NAT
  • You have to make sure you do a cold reset after other fixes
  • Two Xbox Ones don't play well on the same network
  • There are ports you need to forward that aren't in the official Microsoft list. I vaguely recall 3 that weren't listed

It took me 3 hours of Google searches and adjustments to get 2 Xbox Ones playing Destiny together in the same house. I never could get both to show an open NAT at the same time.

Riky

$MSFT
Do we know who has made the DLC maps? They are so much better than those shipped on the disc it's untrue, got all the packs now on X1 and I'm really impressed by them.

Stantron

It doesn't hurt to check. I always watch the killcams to see the exchange - on my TV it was ridiculous it showed things i didn't see. Here's the database to find out how much lag your TV has:

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

lol, yeah me too. I usually get the metal for most time spent watching kill cams if there is one.

My set isn't listed on that site, TC-P55GT30. But other panasonics with similar specs are in the 30-40 ms range, which they rate as "great". A quick google search doesn't seem to indicate any issue with my set, but I'll try to look into this further. Thanks.

Vestax

Banned

Thanks for information you posted. I completely overlooked the putting of my PS4 on the DMZ, since I got it.

Stantron

There are a ton of issues with Xbox One and NAT. Too many to list in a single post, but here are a few:

• Auto on on the Xbox One can interfere with NAT
  • uPnP on your router can interfere with NAT
  • You have to make sure you do a cold reset after other fixes
  • Two Xbox Ones don't play well on the same network
  • There are ports you need to forward that aren't in the official Microsoft list. I vaguely recall 3 that weren't listed

It took me 3 hours of Google searches and adjustments to get 2 Xbox Ones playing Destiny together in the same house. I never could get both to show an open NAT at the same time.
Interesting. I'll try turning off Auto-on. Probably in the settings somewhere.
uPnP. I can turn that off on my router as well. As far as I understand, it's not even needed if you forward the right ports or use DMZ mode.
Cold reset. I assume this is when you hold the power button for a long time to turn off and then back on. Good idea. I'll make sure to do this after each network change.
I don't know about two xbones on the same network, but since the 360 also shares some of the same required forwarded ports, I deleted the 360 ones so that they don't conflict with the xbones'. As far as I know, only one IP address can be port forwarded to at a time.
I'll also need to look for those other xbone ports you mention. Apparently, ghosts was requiring ports 3075 and then 3076 for some people. Didn't work for me though.

Just started playing yesterday. I haven't touched multiplayer sense BLOPS. I was surprised of all the features missing. No match replays? No ability to customize loadouts online? I tried logging into COD Elite and all I found were redirections to buying activision games.

I played a CoD game on a non-Nintendo system for the first time yesterday (Ghosts on PS4) and I must say, it's a bit different:

*People are constantly whining that everyone is worse than them...even when the team is winning by a substantial amount
*People are WAY better and it's almost not even fun...do these people hay day jobs?
*People actually use their mics...which is a negative. I was treated to a lovely discussion between three lovely white gentlemen discussing the various reasons they are unapologetically racist and how it's the members of other races' fault because "if they want to be treated the same they should act the same as us"

In other words, now I know what hell feels and sounds like.

knitoe

I played a CoD game on a non-Nintendo system for the first time yesterday (Ghosts on PS4) and I must say, it's a bit different:

*People are constantly whining that everyone is worse than them...even when the team is winning by a substantial amount
*People are WAY better and it's almost not even fun...do these people hay day jobs?
*People actually use their mics...which is a negative. I was treated to a lovely discussion between three lovely white gentlemen discussing the various reasons they are unapologetically racist and how it's the members of other races' fault because "if they want to be treated the same they should act the same as us"

In other words, now I know what hell feels and sounds like.

Other than party chat, just mute everyone else. Problem solved.

Just curious is there a Clan for GAF on the PS4, that someone could invite me to?

I'd like to be in a clan, too...but I'm so genuinely terrible that I wouldn't bother trying to join haha.

Also: is there a way to play only the DLC maps or only with people who bought new maps? I keep getting stuck on the old ones.

P.S. Where the hell are all the players in Ground War? It's the best mode!

I'd like to be in a clan, too...but I'm so genuinely terrible that I wouldn't bother trying to join haha.

Also: is there a way to play only the DLC maps or only with people who bought new maps? I keep getting stuck on the old ones.

P.S. Where the hell are all the players in Ground War? It's the best mode!

Well if there isn't a GAF one, I'll just make one, and i'll invite you d:

Well if there isn't a GAF one, I'll just make one, and i'll invite you d:

Please do! Then feel free to laugh at me as I die over and over and over and over...

Oh how I miss the Wiimote controls :(

Yes, I double-dipped on this shit.

Yes, it was mostly only because the DLC has Michael Myers in it.

Yes, I know that's crazy,

Please do! Then feel free to laugh at me as I die over and over and over and over...

Oh how I miss the Wiimote controls :(

Yes, I double-dipped on this shit.

Yes, it was mostly only because the DLC has Michael Myers in it.

Yes, I know that's crazy,

I'm not like that d:
lol I'm getting the DLC tomorrow, anywho add me on PSN if you aven't already
IceDoesntHelp

Top Bottom