• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare + COD 4: Remastered - Official screenshots

It's actually almost an accomplishment how generic and uninteresting they managed to make this man look.
omg
f5YRn6M.jpg

Just to make sure I'm on the same page.

Generic and uninteresting:

Bastion of originality, creativity, and true art:

I can kind of get the first complaint, but like, really? Call of Duty 4 was a lot of fun, but the setting is as bog standard as it gets.
oh
bR4MoIl.gif

I can kind of get the first complaint, but like, really? Call of Duty 4 was a lot of fun, but the setting is as bog standard as it gets.
Yea. While Modern Warfare is still my favorite in the series, surely there's more artistic merit in Infinite Warfare, a sci-fi game, than a period driven title - the latter means you ultimately just copy source material. I think people are being especially brutal on the new game. It's anything but "generic" and uninteresting. I don't think that's fair to the hard working developers at Infinity Ward.

No_Style

Haha..

COD4 was just the breath of fresh air from the doldrums of WWII. And now it looks like it's doing the same but from near-future warfare.

Euron

I can't believe how much effort they put into the MW Remaster. I expected PC Max settings when I heard it was going to be included as a bonus with IW. I really hope they sell this as a standalone game by the end of the year but they probably know it would take many people away from the IW Community and will wait until next year to do so.

Yea. While Modern Warfare is still my favorite in the series, surely there's more artistic merit in Infinite Warfare, a sci-fi game, than a period driven title - the latter means you ultimately just copy source material. I think people are being especially brutal on the new game. It's anything but "generic" and uninteresting. I don't think that's fair to the hard working developers at Infinity Ward.

Maybe they shouldnt show us all this generic stuff from IW if the game is this good like you are saying.

Sagittal

Banned
It's actually almost an accomplishment how generic and uninteresting they managed to make this man look.

The MW remaster stuff looks great though, definitely a notch above what I expected.

In what way does he look generic? He seems to be a very impressive and detailed representation of a real person.

jelly

I happy there is space stuff in a FPS again. Halo Reach had a cool campaign part were you could fly in space. Quite refreshing and IW has even more.

I finally got 1000G with MW this year. Don't think my thirst for it is so strong at the moment. Think I'll hop on some multiplayer and see if it still grabs me.

I wonder if Activision will sell this for anything less than 40 bucks standalone.

GavinUK86

Maybe they shouldnt show us all this generic stuff from IW if this good like you are saying.

Like the generic stuff they're showing from MW? I wouldn't call rockets and space ships and god knows what else generic. Deserts and brown tanks and brown brown brown is pretty generic though.

It's not fair to call Infinite Warfare generic and uninteresting, but the brutality regarding Infinite Warfare isn't completely unwarranted. MW3 was regarded as the weakest in the trilogy, and Ghosts was a massive disappointment. Their track record is the reason it's being scrutinized.

TheXbox

Do we know if those screens are PC captures? I'm starting to wonder whether we should assume the PS4/X1 releases are going to look like that. Not that they look outlandish or anything, but maybe it's worth considering with the new machine(s) out this Christmas or next year.

I wonder what the reaction would have been like if the Modern Warfare Remaster part had been kept under wraps until later.

GavinUK86

Do we know if those screens are PC captures? I'm starting to wonder whether we should assume the PS4/X1 releases are going to look like that. Not that they look outlandish or anything, but maybe it's worth considering with the new machine(s) out this Christmas or next year.

No one has said anything about a PC release so we should presume they're console captures.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

The MW remaster stuff looks great though, definitely a notch above what I expected.

I am not CoD fan by any stretch. Have not purchased them since ironically the first Modern Warfare...

However, I do not get this comment. He looks like a clean cut man in military dress. In fact, most people in military dress look 'generic' since there is a dress code/groom code.

So I just do not get the 'generic' comments for that pic of all pics. Can you give an example of not generic in a body that governs dress/look? This confuses me.

This.

Like the generic stuff they're showing from MW? I wouldn't call rockets and space ships and god knows what else generic. Deserts and brown tanks and brown brown brown is pretty generic though.

Im not talking about colors....

Its just the general stuff... it just looks like a addon for Advanced Warfare. Nothing really fresh or new to see

_woLf

It's really telling how people are more excited for the remaster than the new game.

I am hype for a slower CoD. Calling MW1 slow is weird but it is compared to CoD games these days.

You can see that Infinite Warfare is closer to the older games than Advanced Warfare. Well, I can't say much about gameplay, but we can see that soldiers don't have the exoskeleton. We also don't really see them jumping around like we did in the trailers for the other games. It may be a different story when they're in space, though.

I know there's a stream today. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the game.

I'm also excited to play Modern Warfare again. It looks fantastic. I hope they show off a bit of the multiplayer today. I don't expect to see any from IW until E3, though.

kuYuri

Lol seriously.

Nirolak telling it like it is.

The most interesting thing here is a new setting for CoD with IW, not a remake/remaster of an almost decade old game that didn't have the most interesting setting to begin with.

Zomba13

From what I'm seeing with all this they should just go back to churning out modern military shooters. Seems that is all anyone wants.

I'm rather unimpressed with the visuals in infinite warfare. When I compare it to other games like star wars battlefront, it looks mighty poor. Seriously Activision needs to develop an internal engine that is on the same level as FB3 or the new CryEngine. They are behind this gen when it comes to visuals and it's really embarrassing. M.W. remastered looks good though.

Samaritan

Are they really not going to sell MW Remastered standalone? That doesn't instill me with a lot of confidence in IW...

Maybe they shouldnt show us all this generic stuff from IW if the game is this good like you are saying.
I'm not saying anything about the game's quality. I haven't played it. I find it ironic people and yourself call settings and premises like the one in Infinite Warfare "generic" while praising a modern or past setting.

Top Bottom