• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian government approves Burger King's 11 billion dollar takeover of Tim Hortons

Status
Not open for further replies.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
This part confuses me....i live in Oakville and we already have Timmies headquarters here just off 403 intresction of Dorval and Wyercroft. Well good to know that they pushing it hard in little town of oaks :)

It's now the global headquarters of burger king too

Fuck this. They changed the Breakfast Sandwhich not too long ago and it tastes like shit now. I'm not kidding. I had to throw it away after four or five bites. Disgusting.

Varvor

It's now the global headquarters of burger king too

Shiiiiiit.oh well..i have fun memories of going to local BK acrosss college here.

Fuck this. They changed the Breakfast Sandwhich not too long ago and it tastes like shit now. I'm not kidding. I had to throw it away after four or five bites. Disgusting.

Breakfast food in Timmies always been pure horse shit. First it wasbthe BELT which tasted like ass and then later whole breakfast sandwiches with sausage and the ilk. I rarely go there for food needs, more like a quick coffee grab but i found my self catering to Starbucks recently....

The only redeeming factor to coffee shops menu was the spricy chicken sandwitch.....its soooooooo goooooood.

Loofy

I dont get how Timmys has that much pull, theyre pretty terrible. Donuts arent baked in store, theyre all delivered as is. All their sandwiches are terrible, people only get them cause they want something with their coffee. Only thing great about them is their chilli.

I used to grab Timmy Horton's coffee when I used to go on my way for work.

It could easily go toe to toe with the best Dunkin Roast French Vanilla, so I can only surmise that this will result in my Timmy Horton's getting crappier and/or BK coffee somehow getting better.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So they can't fire any Tim Hortons employees now? Even if they go and burn down the building, or sexually harrass coworkers?

Yeah, they can still fire people. They can't perform layoffs, though.

Not sure how it is in the other provinces, but in Ontario you need a reason to fire someone and for performance reasons it's typically done with 3 or 4 strikes... Verbal -> written and final written

Parch

McDonalds cashed in big time by adding their McCafe stuff. Burger King gotta compete so they spend 11 billion to add Timmy's coffee.

As a Canadian, this article has always rung true to me

http://www.macleans.ca/society/okay-canada-its-time-for-the-hard-truth-about-tim-hortons/

Tim Hortons is not a defining national institution. Rather, it is a chain of thousands of doughnut shops, several of which have working toilets.

Tim Hortons is not an indispensable part of the Canadian experience. Rather, it is a place that sells a breakfast sandwich that tastes like a dishcloth soaked in egg yolk and left out overnight on top of a radiator.

Canada, you sure do like your double-double—or, as it is by law referred to in news reports, the “beloved double-double.” But here’s a newsflash for you: If you drink your coffee with two creams and two sugars, the quality of the coffee itself is of little consequence. You’d might as well pour a mug of instant coffee or sip the urine of a house cat mixed with a clump of dirt from your golf spikes.

#dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom