• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Achieves Record-High Net Sales and Seventh Consecutive Year of Record-High Profits

x2rjsEu.png

Some more deets via VGC:

Street Fighter 6 which debuted in June sold 3.3 million units. Prior to the release of the game, Capcom's president said the company aimed to sell 10 million copies of the game, which would break the series record of 7.4 million achieved by Street Fighter 5.

Capcom's latest big title, the acclaimed RPG Dragon's Dogma 2, sold 2.6 million units since release, pushing overall sales of the Dragon's Dogma franchise to over 11 million. Dragon's Dogma 2 was notable as Capcom's first $70 title.

It's worth noting that Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen saw a huge sales push over the financial period, likely driven by excitement for the sequel.

15 titles achieved over 1 million sales during this financial period. The Monster Hunter franchise has also crossed 100 million cumulative sales.

Capcom.jpg

Capcom Co., Ltd. today announced that in its consolidated earnings for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2024, net sales were 152,410 million yen (up 21.0% year-over-year), operating income was 57,081 million yen (up 12.3% year-over-year), ordinary income was 59,422 million yen (up 15.7 % year-over-year), and net income attributable to owners of the parent was 43,374 million yen (up 18.1 % year-over-year).

During the fiscal year ended March 31, 2024, Capcom’s core Digital Contents business drove results, delivering annual sales of 45.89 million units for its home video game software, marking a year-over-year increase. The company achieved this with Street Fighter 6, which leads the Group’s esports activities, the release of Dragons Dogma 2 launched in March 2024, and promotional activities to gain wider recognition for its IPs and acquire new fans. Further, the company expanded earnings by leveraging its major brands in movies, character merchandise, and esports, while promoting efficient operations and new store formats in its Arcade Operations business, and introducing smart pachislo machines in its Amusement Equipments business. As a result, Capcom achieved record-high net sales, the seventh consecutive year of record-high profit at all levels, and its eleventh consecutive year of operating income growth.

Moving forward, for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2025, Capcom anticipates net sales of 165,000 million yen and operating income of 64,000 million yen, which would result in twelve consecutive years of operating income growth and eight consecutive years of record high profit at all levels.

1. Consolidated financial results of the year ended March 31, 2024 (April 1, 2023 – March 31, 2024)​

Net sales​
Operating income​
Ordinary income​
Net income attributable to owners of the parent​
Earnings per share​
million yenmillion yenmillion yenmillion yenyen
Year ended March 31, 2024152,41057,08159,42243,374103.71
Year ended March 31, 2023125,93050,81251,36936,73787.36
Note: With an effective date of April 1, 2024, Capcom performed a 2-for-1 stock split of its common stock. Capcom calculated “Earnings per share” assuming that the stock split was implemented with an effective date of April 1, 2022.

2. Earnings forecast for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2025​

Net sales​
Operating income​
Ordinary income​
Net income attributable to owners of the parent​
Earnings per share​
million yenmillion yenmillion yenmillion yenyen
Year ending March 31, 2025165,00064,00063,00046,000109.98

Source - today's IR PR

Last edited:

makaveli60

Nice. And do they treat their workers accordingly, increasing their salaries in a meaningful way? Or do they get these record profits by not doing that + firing them? Johnny Silverhand is asking

Nice. And do they treat their workers accordingly, increasing their salaries in a meaningful way? Or do they get these record profits by not doing that + firing them? Johnny Silverhand is asking
Yup! Just a couple of months ago. I even posted a thread about it here on GAF

ZehDon

Huh, making good games makes you more money? Call me crazy, but these Capcom chaps might just be on to something.

makaveli60

Yup! Just a couple of months ago. I even posted a thread about it here on GAF

”Meaningful” seems a strong word for this, but fair enough.

Capcom are just the best. Their output and the quality of their output is staggering when other teams can't get 1 game out every 5 years

Hilarious how people view the world.

Street Fighter 5 came out in 2016 and Street Fighter 6 came out in 2023. That's 7 years for one game. They've been using the same engine to remake their games on a continuous basis, but other companies get serious flack for their remakes.

Dragon's Dogma came out in 2012 and Dragon's Dogma 2 came out in 2024...

Resident Evil 7 came out in 2017 and Resident Evil 8 came out in 2020. Both are pretty short games, with both coming in under 10 hours for the main game.

Monster Hunter Rise came out shortly after World, but it was a port of a Switch game that has terrible user reviews...

I guess I just have no idea what the hell you're talking about...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm so excited for Wilds. I had to delete World and Rise from my system because I literally will not play anything else when those are in there.

Unfortunately I was personally disappointed by Dragon's Dogma and that was a gut-punch... but maybe a dark arisen type of expansion can address some of my hangup there.

But Wilds, man... goddamned I'm going to live in that game. Capcom is nearing goat status.

Klosshufvud

Profits increase as game quality decreases. A general trend of this industry. Ever since they moved productions to RE Engine, I haven't been wowed by a single Capcom game. I only bothered to finish DMC5 despite beating 3/4 a dozen times. MH Rise was so boring I didn't even finish all the DLC. Street Fighter 6 looks just lame in every way (500h in SFV) and DD2 is....yeah. Don't even need to elaborate. RE is also just pandering to its glory days with neverending borderline redundant remakes.

Some more deets via VGC which will be added to the OP:

Street Fighter 6 which debuted in June sold 3.3 million units. Prior to the release of the game, Capcom's president said the company aimed to sell 10 million copies of the game, which would break the series record of 7.4 million achieved by Street Fighter 5.

Capcom's latest big title, the acclaimed RPG Dragon's Dogma 2, sold 2.6 million units since release, pushing overall sales of the Dragon's Dogma franchise to over 11 million. Dragon's Dogma 2 was notable as Capcom's first $70 title.

It's worth noting that Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen saw a huge sales push over the financial period, likely driven by excitement for the sequel.

15 titles achieved over 1 million sales during this financial period. The Monster Hunter franchise has also crossed 100 million cumulative sales.

Capcom.jpg

Street Fighter 5 came out in 2016 and Street Fighter 6 came out in 2023. That's 7 years for one game. They've been using the same engine to remake their games on a continuous basis, but other companies get serious flack for their remakes.

Resident Evil 7 came out in 2017 and Resident Evil 8 came out in 2020. Both are pretty short games, with both coming in under 10 hours for the main game.

Monster Hunter Rise came out shortly after World, but it was a port of a Switch game that has terrible user reviews...

I've no idea what you are talking about and I love how you also left out the Resident Evil 4 remake, Resident Evil 3 remake and Resident Evil 2 remake along with Devil May Cry 4 and Exoprimal. Contrast that to Nintendo who remade endless games and only made a handful of real genuine native Switch games or the likes of Rockstar who are still really to make a native current gen game.

Švejk

We're due for another DMC.
I'm gonna have to disagree. We have 5 of them, and only just got our second DD. Hell, I'd rather Itsuno get busy on DD3 at this point... there's still so much untapped potential that game has (and needs some redemptive things addressed too). Honestly, if they do, I would rather a Remake style of DMC1, and let some other team handle it... Then follow with a much needed Remake of DMC2.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
I'm gonna have to disagree. We have 5 of them, and only just got our second DD. Hell, I'd rather Itsuno get busy on DD3 at this point... there's still so much untapped potential that game has (and needs some redemptive things addressed too). Honestly, if they do, I would rather a Remake style of DMC1, and let some other team handle it... Then follow with a much needed Remake of DMC2.

Itsuno does not have to work on the next DMC. Should be someone competent within Capcom. Maybe someone that worked on 5.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Honestly, after what they've done with Dragon's Dogma 2 I'd rather not hear about Capcom for quite a while.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Yes, I also like developers to take it easy after making an amazing GoTY caliber game.
Hey, it's my GOTY too and I loved my time with it, but let's not pretend the game isn't fucked up in many levels.

Last edited:
I've no idea what you are talking about and I love how you also left out the Resident Evil 4 remake, Resident Evil 3 remake and Resident Evil 2 remake along with Devil May Cry 4 and Exoprimal. Contrast that to Nintendo who remade endless games and only made a handful of real genuine native Switch games or the likes of Rockstar who are still really to make a native current gen game.

They've been using the same engine to remake their games on a continuous basis, but other companies get serious flack for their remakes.

Why is reading so difficult?

Zathalus

10 games released in the past 5 years (not including the numerous ports, re-release, DLC, and compilations of which there are plenty).

Dragon's Dogma 2, 87 OC.
DMC 5, 88 OC.
Exoprimal, 67 OC.
Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection, 75 OC.
Monster Hunter Rise, 88 OC.
Resident Evil 4, 92 OC.
Resident Evil 3, 79 OC.
Resident Evil 2, 92 OC.
Resident Evil Village, 84 OC.
Street Fighter 6, 92 OC.

7 great games, two above average, and one mediocre release in 5 years is pretty good for a company just over 3k employees.

As for the remakes, they are received so well because they are overhauls to the entire game, from the ground up remake of games from over two decades ago, not cash grab remasters.

10 games released in the past 5 years (not including the numerous ports, re-release, DLC, and compilations of which there are plenty).

Dragon's Dogma 2, 87 OC.
DMC 5, 88 OC.
Exoprimal, 67 OC.
Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection, 75 OC.
Monster Hunter Rise, 88 OC.
Resident Evil 4, 92 OC.
Resident Evil 3, 79 OC.
Resident Evil 2, 92 OC.
Resident Evil Village, 84 OC.
Street Fighter 6, 92 OC.

7 great games, two above average, and one mediocre release in 5 years is pretty good for a company just over 3k employees.

As for the remakes, they are received so well because they are overhauls to the entire game, from the ground up remake of games from over two decades ago, not cash grab remasters.

Maybe you guys think Capcom is one studio.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

- Ok, but it's not like they weren't putting out other games in between. Also, their remakes aren't just the same game with remastered visuals and use the exact same audio recordings from the original, they're literal 'REMAKES'.
- Ok, but it's not like they weren't putting out other games in between
- Ok, but it's not like they weren't putting out other games in between, also RE7 got free story expansions shortly after release and RE:V has an infinitely replayable mercenaries mode. It adds to the game 'length'.
- ok ? user reviews? .. ok

I guess you really don't. They were the highest reviewed publisher and "WON" Metacritic's Publisher of the year for 2023 and in previous years have generally been in the top 10's too.

Clearly they're doing something right.

Last edited:
Street Fighter, going multi platform ≠ more sales.

That's not the main reason. The main reason is it didn't release in a broken gimped state missing basic features like SFV did.

Also funny people keep implying SFV was a failure due to being console-exclusive yet AFAIK it's the 2nd-best selling SF game of all time only behind SF2. And it generated a ton in MTX purchases mainly due to the costumes and stages.

Had it released in a better state initially, it would've likely easily hit 10 million between PS4 & PC alone.

Last edited:
Next year they'll be releasing MH Wilds so expect revenue to shoot through the roof. My prediction is that it will be the third (or even second) best selling game next year after GTA6 and COD.

Top Bottom