• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR gets awarded for their industry-leading menstrual leave policy.

Audiophile

What if I bleed from my anus?
61K9ZX1ky7L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

mdkirby

So long as abuse of the system is kept to a minimum it seems a pretty good policy. It sounds like only a minority of those who could utilise it actually do. There should be an option tho to work from home tho, ie some bad days they may feel too bad to either come into the office or work, but others may be quite capable of working, just not capable of coming in.

Not everything is about woke wars. This just seems a policy that a good employer that cares about their employees should have. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
How is it fair for some people to get more paid leave than others based on their sex?

What if I’m obese, or have diabetes, or smoke, or I have bipolar disorder, severe allergies, I don’t believe in vaccines, etc etc. should I also be allowed to have some extra days where I get paid to rest at home while my coworkers have to work?

IMO it really depends how this is implemented. At my workplace we get one big pool of PTO every year that can be used for vacation, sick leave, whatever. If they told us we can use that for menstrual leave as well, I’d be totally cool with that. If they said “in addition, the women get an extra 12 paid days off per year for menstrual leave” then yeah I’d have a problem with that.
It's a delicate one isn't it, I completely understand where you're coming from though.

SJRB

Gold Member
JNMeWJz.png

Can I just say that I absolutely love how they use the red blood emoji when talking about periods and menstruations?

This whole post reads like satire, honestly. Imagine being in the same team as that 1% who use this leave literally every month. Do they just casually get a week off every month or how does this work?

rofif

Banned
wtf where is my men leave?
That's ridiculous if women get paid as much as men.
Polish law doesn't foresee anything like this. Vacation days are equal

Tams

One privately owned business I once worked for the owner was being very candid with me. He said (Paraphase) "I don't hire any women that have not had a kid yet. What happens is every-time is that they take maternity and have this idyllic view that they can come back to work and be a working mother. What actually happens is they come back work for a month at best and reality hits them that they can't do both because it's actually hard and then they resign"

I responded with "I dunno, sounds kinda illegal to me"

Anyway, some time after that conversation one of his key staff took maternity leave. What he told me was exactly what happened.

People in charge know, big corpos might absorb that but but you can't expect equality and special treatment.

It makes sense though, especially for small to medium businesses. And it certainly is widespread as a result.

As for the legality... there's nothing to prosecute if you don't talk about it openly, just have an inferred understanding. I'm surprised the owner was willing to talk to you about it; he must have trusted you enough.

Soodanim

Gold Member
It's a tricky one, but there are women out there that get debilitating pains. And if you're having allowances for people with non-standard medical needs, it's not a huge stretch to cover that as well. The lack of abuse means they have people with some integrity working there, and if they have the right person controlling/monitoring that sort of thing (presumably a woman) it stands to reason that there would be a balance where it isn't taken advantage of.

In small/medium private companies if you have people that enjoy working somewhere you don't get the widespread opportunistic abuse that the majority of this thread seems to think happens everywhere. I don't know what size CDPR is, but if they've achieved that then good for them. I'm not a huge fan of the gloating, but that's the world we live in.

makaveli60

I expected something like this. They are now a DEI infested shithole like so many other developers. My expectations for any future games from these "guys" is shit on my shoe low.

This is why it takes fucking 10 years to make a game. Nobody is working anymore.
Yep. It’s sad to see. I just made a thread about CP2077 praising it in every way possible but I’m afraid that’s it. The sequel will be a woke infested junk. My only hope is that by the time it releases maybe, just maybe, this dei bullshit will be over and we will be back to some normalcy. But I don’t think there is too much chance for this.

Last edited:
Honestly amazed none of those women are trans.
Considering men already were temporarily identifying as women for those women only job orientiation fairs, I would not be surprised if there is at least one men in some virtue signaling company with similar policies that will become a women and pretend to bleed to get those days off (maybe one of the did you assume my gender Karens that need to actually make an unashamed big public fuss about their delusion about their gender). Same as there are probably some draft dodgers in my country to avoid the actually discriminatory mandatory military service or the social work alternative.

Sick is sick, no matter the reason, some women might have it harder than others with their cycle sometimes or everytime, and men just have nothing similar, but the result will inevitably be that women will need to make up for it somehow to not fall behind. It's certainly unfair, but not for patriarchy or some nonsense reason, but just nature. Just because nature did disadantage all of us, we can't claim to be equally fast as Usain Bolt on the 100m dash. Some differences are just there, some bigger, some smaller and just better results have to be awarded and not everthing equalized. While I am all for social welfare state, no one should be working poor, drown in medical bills, and have no retirement money, but unavoidable disadvantages don't have to be fully corrected by some countermeasure punishing you for performing better or working more. Those more lucky by being male in this case, or generally more healthy, and more lucky by the family they were born in will have a headstart and the only thing they will have to endure is that their taxes will have to drag along some people that were less fortunate or less willing for some reason, but they can afford that. No one needs to be left behind, but not all need and can be equally vanguard.

kyussman

JNMeWJz.png

Can I just say that I absolutely love how they use the red blood emoji when talking about periods and menstruations?

This whole post reads like satire, honestly. Imagine being in the same team as that 1% who use this leave literally every month. Do they just casually get a week off every month or how does this work?
What the fuck is an "eligible RED"........oh wait,they mean women don't they.......pack it up,these guys are fully captured.Fuck everyone that continues to support this ongoing erasure of women in the name of mentally ill and pervy men.

In small/medium private companies if you have people that enjoy working somewhere you don't get the widespread opportunistic abuse that the majority of this thread seems to think happens everywhere.

Wrong. If the law allows it, people will abuse it. In my country, you don't need to justify any medical leave shorter than 3 days. I have had countless absences in my team due to hangovers and other stuff, always on Fridays or days next to bank holidays.

I had a particular case of a guy with perennial migraines (actual ones) who suffered worse than menstruating women and he missed several days per month, his salary being the same as others. In the performance review, he scored less, but the company wouldn't fire him.

Girls had non-official menstruating sick leaves too. Some were real, others were not.

As for CD Projekt, this action isn't any problem, the LANGUAGE in which it's announced is. I don't trust any company that openly promotes DEI and doesn't dare mention the word "woman". And no, they are not being sarcastic.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

The best solution is to just give (mostly) unlimited sick leave. Here in the Netherlands you can be sick for up to two years and still get paid. You don't need a doctor's note nor is your employer allowed to ask you why you are sick.
Definitely not a system ripe for abuse.

Definitely not a system ripe for abuse.

They'll have a doctor they can contact to perform an independent assessment if they have suspicions. You can't actually abuse these systems to that extent, and if you do you're either an idiot, or fine with burning bridges.

Last edited:
It's nice they have a policy so women who suffer from bad period paid are accommodated for in the workplace.

However if somebody tried to give me an award called the "Diversity Charter Award" it'd go straight in the fucking trash.

I had to do an entire book report in middle school about menstruation. It’s really nothing to laugh about and I feel so lucky as a man that my role in reproduction is just get hard, pump for a few mins, and jizz. Women really got the short end of the stick.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It's poland. You already have unlimited sick days. This just waives the need for a doctors note.

Outrage about something else, Gaf.
Its fun watching this from neighbour country, as the law is the same here as well. Imagine being so cucked by your gov, which does not protect you in a same way shithole countries does.

But bro yeah D E I, sure. How does it feel to have less freedom in your freedomest country on the planet?

Last edited:
Top Bottom