• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cel-Shaded Brawler Transformers Devastation Leaked

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If it's DD-only, it won't be on Wii U.

Nintendo doesn't lower its fees for Activision on their store, MS and Sony do. Ergo, nothing (or extremely rare, in case I'm forgetting something) on the eShop.

Activision started releasing some of its older titles on both eShops, though, at the end of last year. But I don't know if this is a sign that this can come on the eShop...did Korra 3DS come to eShop, after all?

Hypron

And Rising fans. Rising 2 is deader than dead.

I'm going to go and cry myself to sleep.

I'll probably still end up getting this if it's from Platinum but I'm really not that hyped... Legend of Korra was really meh, hopefully this turns out better.

@MUWANdo

Banned
If it's DD-only, it won't be on Wii U.

Nintendo doesn't lower its fees for Activision on their store, MS and Sony do. Ergo, nothing (or extremely rare, in case I'm forgetting something) on the eShop.

Activision bit the bullet and dumped a bunch of their old games on the eShop not too long ago. No idea if it was all of them or just most of them but it definitely wasn't a trickle.

NotLiquid

Yeeeaaaah this is probably Platinum's thing.

And since it's Acti, and if Korra was of any indication, this will be one Platinum game I opt out of.

Ban Puncher

Platinum and Transformers G1?

FddvI.gif

Santar

The whole project seems pretty similar to The Legend of Korra, let's just hope it's a lot better than that game turned out to be.

Keasar

That G1 purity.

Also, if this is Platinum, I really hope they got a little more budget this time than they got for Korra. Korra had a great foundation but was lacking so much in terms of variety. Only played it once in the end.

Looking at the screens further, a few things occur:

They all seem to be G1, season 1 of the cartoon characters.

Only Autobots shown as playable by the look of it.

The generic enemies seem to be based on Runabout/Runamuck/The Throttlebots.

The presence of multiple characters onscreen and Devastatpr give me hope for being able to play as a combiner team, and ultimately forming/playing as a Gestalt. I'd settle for just stomping around as Devastator, but if I can play as Superion or Predaking, that'd be trouser shatteringly awesome.

They'll have plenty of time to show off Star Fox.

Wait, so when Platinum announces Transformers: Devastation at the YouTube E3 Showcase next Monday and at next Tuesday, Platinum announces that they are one of the developers to develop Star Fox with Shigeru Miyamoto producing? This information, it's a thing of beauty.

Savitar

The fact it's pure G1 is mind blowing. Crappy movie based games, versions of of what know in their own modern way sure, we've had those. But this is....the real deal.

CloakBass

Silky smooth 60 FPS beautiful hand-crafted Platinum Games Combat™ while The Touch is blasting out of your speakers blowing away Decepticon fools as G1 Optimus Prime HYPE

I'm disappointed that this is probably the final nail in the coffin for the Rising 2 announcement I've been hoping for, but happy that I have another Platinum game to look forward to. Korra was better than any low-budget licensed game with an ultra-short dev time had any right to be; I'll be there day one, no hesitation.

Holy shit, I just realised that the double-tap-dodge/Panther Mode equivalent is probably going to be transforming into vehicle form! Shut up and take my money :p

The fact it's pure G1 is mind blowing. Crappy movie based games, versions of of what know in their own modern way sure, we've had those. But this is....the real deal.

Eh, I'm a G1 UK comic fan. If they've got Powermaster Prime, Bludgeon, The Wreckers, Thunderwing, Nightbeat and an epic Utra Magnus vs Galvatron fight in there, then I'll consider this the real deal!

I'd like to believe Platinum got a better budget and more time for this than Korra, but who am I kidding, this is Activision we're talking about.

I'll still get it, though. Korra's combat was great, even if everything else was unremarkable. Graphics look hot, and it's always nice to see some G1 love.

popyea

Holy shit, I just realised that the double-tap-dodge/Panther Mode equivalent is probably going to be transforming into vehicle form! Shut up and take my money :p

Holy shit, I just realised there will be transforming animations by Platinum!

I'd like to believe Platinum got a better budget and more time for this than Korra, but who am I kidding, this is Activision we're talking about.

I'll still get it, though. Korra's combat was great, even if everything else was unremarkable. Graphics look hot, and it's always nice to see some G1 love.

I'm confident it will have a bigger budget by virtue of being a much more established and popular IP than Korra.

eFKac

Interesting that Acti would go with Platinum again after Korra's reception.
Maybe they know that on such a low budget they won't get a much better game from another studio anyway.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jesus, leaks errywhere all of a sudden.

As for the game itself, it might have promise. Let me play as Grimlock and it'll have my interest.

Edit: why do people want this to be Platinum's game? They do best with their own franchises(well okay, Metal Gear Rising was good). Korra was..not great.

Korra not being good might have more to do with them being on the shoestring budget making a show tie in before it ended.

I hope they get more budget. Korra had fairly good combat but levels looked like hot garbage. Hope we get cybertron levels. This reminds me of ps2 transformers brawler. Hope it has similar playable character count (basically every yransformer that was anyone). Transformers Tataki it was named.

Scavenger

I would have preferred a sequel to Fall of Cybertron, but this doesn't look too bad. Would be nice if there is a toggle to switch between G1 cartoon style and CHUG or IDW style G1.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
you ready to take down devastator like metal gear ray

Top Bottom