• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlie Hebdo staff posthumously named 2015 International Islamophobes of the year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makonero

Islamophobe
definition: fear of Islam, or fear of those who practice Islam (a.k.a. Muslims)

Hmmm. I think they weren't Islamophobic enough. If Charlie Hebdo truly feared Muslims, then they wouldn't have printed those cartoons.

Fair imho. What Charlie Hebdo was pushing transcends criticism and was pure hate speech. It is disgusting they are being martyrized. There is a saying that says talk shit get hit that applies here.

Not saying the terrorists that did this were justified. Far from it. They deserve their punishment 150% for what they did. But with what Charlie was publishing, you can't really be surprised

methane47

Fair imho. What Charlie Hebdo was pushing transcends criticism and was pure hate speech. It is disgusting they are being martyrized. There is a saying that says talk shit get hit that applies here.

Not saying the terrorists that did this were justified. Far from it. They deserve their punishment 150% for what they did. But with what Charlie was publishing, you can't really be surprised

They deserved to be ruthlessly murdered?
Including the people who had no input into the comics what soever?

Like the janitor or the muslim police officer or the random visitor who were killed?

........ WHAT?! THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE

I'm on the IHRC website, on the islamophobia awards page http://www.ihrc.org.uk/activities/press-releases/11376-press-release-uk-islamophobia-awards-winners-announced"]here but I see no mention of Charlie Hebdo.

Have they removed it since ?

Heres the list of nominations: http://www.ihrc.org.uk/activities/p...k-islamophobia-awards-2015-shortlist-released

Breitbart, in their glorious best, doesn't point out that 5pillars is not affiliated with the IHRC nor does it point out that the voting AND the nominations are provided by the public.
The ihrc seems quite happy having it all over their front page

hkkGi6t.png

I'm on the IHRC website, on the islamophobia awards page here http://www.ihrc.org.uk/activities/press-releases/11376-press-release-uk-islamophobia-awards-winners-announced"but I see no mention of Charlie Hebdo.

Have they removed it since ?
those are only some of the awards.

King_Moc

Banned
“Charlie Hebdo’s repeated mocking of Muslims is part of a culture of hate that is intended to marginalise, further alienate and further endanger a community that has effectively been ‘otherised’ in much the same way that Jews were in Nazi Germany.”

Oh fuck off, Charlie Hebdo mocks everything. It's people like this prick that are causing Islam to be "marginalised". Learn to accept freedom of speech or GTFO.

Riposte

This post confuses me.

SigSig

Like the janitor or the muslim police officer or the random visitor who were killed?

Did you even read the post, I know this is hard but come on.

I didn't sat that. I said the murderers deserve their punishment.

Dennis

Banned

Yikes. That is fucked up.

Megalosaro is saying the terrorists deserve their punishment.

So it's basically Bigots vs. Terrorists. Whoever wins, humanity loses.
But that's the funny part, by killing them you make everyone take the side of bigots
Now if the Terrorists stood outside with protest signs then the reaction would be different

Do Atheists and Christians go around killing people from Westboro Baptist Church?
They don't. Not even those biker dudes who protect veteran funerals touch them

Also, nice work making CH super popular. Maybe they'll open an international branch now!

marrec

Banned
The ihrc seems quite happy having it all over their front page

hkkGi6t.png

There is no official statement from the IHRC about the 'award' given to Charlie Hebdo.

It is listed as a nominee.

5pillars is the website that is spouting off the inflammatory and disrespectful bullshit about those who died.

dave is ok

aztek is ok

TLDR; You should be murdered for drawing cartoons.

"I'm not saying they deserved it, but hey, good riddance, right?."

Subtle, bruh.

I still haven't seen any evidence of Charlie Hebdo's cartoons being abject hate speech, but maybe I haven't seen enough out of context cartoon collages on my overly-liberal friends' facebook pages.

injurai

Banned
The IHRC is oftentimes controversial and at best it's motives are questionable. Their organization has often been accused of being a front for the Islamic right despite their leftist language though few of their actions have, in the past, proved this out.

It's important to remember that these mock awards are voted by the public and the statement given about the specific Charlie Hebdo award seems to have been given by 5pillars and not the IHRC.

Breitbart, in their glorious best, doesn't point out that 5pillars is not affiliated with the IHRC nor does it point out that the voting AND the nominations are provided by the public.

http://www.newsweek.com/charlie-hebdo-given-islamophobia-award-muslim-group-312392

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...n-islamophobe-of-the-year-award-10100317.html

Not sure why you are trying to take the IHRC out from under the microscope here. Even if the public is voting, it's through the IHRC, there is a bias with people who affiliate themselves with it.

This is the exact reaction that Breitbart was hoping to illicit by the shady reporting techniques.

I don't understand why you are harping on this. People can come to those conclusions without Breitbart telling them what to think. You're trying to funnel this whole thing into their frame. So what if their are good and peaceful muslims, their are extremists as well who do things in the name of the same religion.

Paracelsus

Did you even read the post, I know this is hard but come on.

You can't really be surprised

So them acting like monsters because of something trivial like religion at this point is something that shouldn't surprise? That award basically states "serves him right".

esms

I'm getting mixed messages.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
There is no official statement from the IHRC about the 'award' given to Charlie Hebdo.

It is listed as a nominee.

5pillars is the website that is spouting off the inflammatory and disrespectful bullshit about those who died.
The awards ceremony just happened. The website hasn't been updated yet.

You can see the IHRC listed Charlie Hebdo as one of the nominees in the international category here after which people voted it down to four nominees here

Kinyou

That people get murdered over fucking cartoons should be very surprising, because it certainly is not normal

Abounder

Banned

You basically did say that though:

NeOak

Your language seems to imply that they were looking to be murdered by doing what they did: Satire of anything.

Drencrom

Great, we got idiots here that rationalizes the massacre of cartoonists for making shitty drawings. "They didn't deserve it, BUT they were kinda asking for it"

It's like some of you people want empathize and be governed by fucking ignorant radicals.

Jenov

Disgusting post.

methane47

You win the award for most confusing post of march 11th 2015.

Sheesh....

That said... If you meant the terrorists deserved their punishment. I would 150% disagree with you.
They received NO punishment. Those terrorists died on their own terms, and are being celebrated as liberators and heroes by some people. And treated as victims by others.
Boohoo I read a comic book that said something bad! I"M A VICTIM I now have the moral authority to murder people.

Those terrorists received zero punishment in my eyes. Only an end.

daniels

do they really think this is smart i mean they are a radical minority and the majority gets more and more pissed by the day already?
so is being a dick and spitting on death vicims really smart? the right wing grows all over europ? how is this behaviour smart again???
they only can lose i dont get it.

Fjordson

Talk shit and get hit? Wat.

Draw something and get brutally murdered brehs.

....... WHAT?! THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE

There are many, many liberals who are simply incapable of condemning or criticizing any vile and disgusting acts perpetuated by an organization so long as the organization belongs to an "oppressed" minority group. It's sad and I've never understood it myself, but it's not surprising at this point.

Are you for real?

marrec

Banned
Thanks, I misunderstood, I thought CH had won the awards

They won a publicly voted award for "international islamophobe of the year".

IHRC hasn't made an official statement about the award.

5pillars spewed vile shit about it.

Breitbart then spins it to try and further paint the IHRC as a radical movement.

Everyone who is involved is shit.

Edit:

Massoud Shadjareh, who has been chair of the IHRC since 2011, says the award was not an endorsement of the attacks but was meant to be satirical.

“The overwhelming majority of people voted for Charlie Hebdo. I think in some ways it’s appropriate. The complaint that was made by Charlie Hebdo was that we Muslims do not have a sense of humour and we take things literally and we need to chill out and take what is thrown at us in good humour,” says Shadjareh.

Can't you say Charlie Hebdo are dicks (who obviously don't deserve to be murdered) but the people who killed them are absolute scum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom