• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris D’Elia on Lizzo: “Why do we have to pretend?”

who da fuq is lizzo

Thread Destroyed, You Beautiful Bastard.

Shes a singer who has become immensely popular (over a billion Spotify listens) and is very open with her bodY, which is relatively obese. She’s kinda become the new face of “body positivity” and “anti fat-shaming” movements, wearing very skimpy outfits in public

I think it’s great for everyone to be happy with who they are and what they look like but there’s a double standard. A skinny chick would probably be called slutty (or something equivalent) for dressing like that at a Lakers game, or that’s how a lot of people feel.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Thread Destroyed, You Beautiful Bastard.

Shes a singer who has become immensely popular (over a billion Spotify listens) and is very open with her bodY, which is relatively obese. She’s kinda become the new face of “body positivity” and “anti fat-shaming” movements, wearing very skimpy outfits in public

I think it’s great for everyone to be happy with who they are and what they look like but there’s a double standard. A skinny chick would be called slutty for dressing like that at a Lakers game
I like some of her music, but she’s just taking Missy Elliots old schtick and turning it up to 9000.

Edited for spelling

Last edited:
I like some of her music, but she’s just taking Missy Elliots old stich and turning up to 9000.

good comparison

giphy.gif

Yeah, Lizzo has it turned to 11

Her music is pretty solid. Truth Hurts is catchy as hell

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Dude's basically describing the radical woke left and their increasing demands that people play along with lies and fantasies that suit their agenda.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
this chick is hilarious

first i heard, she was getting sued, because she threw a temper tantrum after some of her food from a delivery service was late. she doxed the delivery person and pitched a fit cos her fat ass didn't get food fast enough. what a fucking entitled fatass.

then i heard about her getting sued for ripping off song lyrics. the lyrics are "I'm 100% that bitch" and it was taken from a Twitter post someone else made. it was actually suggested to her by the guys producing her music. so not only does she not write her own lyrics, the people that write her music don't either.

she's a fat phoney.

Last edited:

epicnemesis

this chick is hilarious

first i heard, she was getting sued, because she threw a temper tantrum after some of her food from a delivery service was late. she doxed the delivery person and pitched a fit cos her fat ass didn't get food fast enough. what a fucking entitled fatass.

then i heard about her getting sued for ripping off song lyrics. the lyrics are "I'm 100% that bitch" and it was taken from a Twitter post someone else made. it was actually suggested to her by the guys producing her music. so not only does she not write her own lyrics, the people that write her music don't either.

she's a fat phoney.
Woa bro, she’s a body positive phoney. Check your privilege.

MHK has been kidnapped and is chained in Brap's basement

MHK blink three times if you need help and I'm there in 15 minutes tops
Sometimes I just feel like my Momma ( Melon Melon )
I hate to be bothered with all of this nonsense
It's constant, and, "Oh, it's his meme posting content"
The thread 'COOMERS GET ITT!' has gotten such rotten responses.
And all of this controversy circles me
And it seems like the mods immediately point a finger at me
So I point one back at 'em, but not the index or pinkie
Or the ring or the thumb, it's the one you put up
When you don't give a fuck, when you won't just put up
With the bullshit they pull, 'cause they full of shit too
When an XBot's getting bullied and shitposts his school
And they blame it on MHK and the memes
Where were the mods at? And look where it's at!
Middle GAF, now it's a tragedy
Now it's so sad to see, an upper-class forum havin' this happening
Then attack brap 'cause I post this way
But I'm glad, 'cause they feed me the fuel that I need
For the fire to burn, and it's burning, and I have returned!!!

And I am whatever you say I am
If I wasn't, then why would I say I am?
In the threads, the news, every day I am
GAF won't even play my jam
'Cause I am whatever you say I am
If I wasn't, then why would I say I am?
In the threads, the news, every day I am
I don't know, it's just the way I am

lwNNT6p.jpg

Last edited:
I just want to state for the record that I legitimately wish no harm on Lizzo whatsoever. I genuinely like her music, it's catchy as fuck. Good As Hell, Truth Hurts, and Juice are fire.

The point wasn't to shit on Lizzo, necessarily, but to raise the question (as Chris does, in the video), is it OKAY for an obese person to wear ridiculous outfits (such as when her ass was completely exposed at a Lakers game) just because it's in the name of "body positivity," do we really have to pretend like its OKAY because someone is "fat and pround" to throw out societal standards for public behavior? Would Taylor Swift or Beyonce be allowed to wear nothing but a g-string to a Lakers game?

I want Lizzo, and everyone, to be happy with their body. That's great, but I am not sure we can pretend like being obese is ever a good thing in the long run. That will kill you a lot faster than most drugs and alcohol.

If someone is going to walk around half-naked I think they should be open to the same scrutiny whether fat, slim, whatever.

Last edited:
Chris is legit. Saw him do a lot of his new material a few months back and he touched on some pretty funny societal bullshit in the same vein as this. I guess it's a bunch of stuff that's going to be on his next special

But ya, the Lizzo stuff is so fuckin silly I love it. The mass hysteria in western culture is so absurd that I don't blame other cultures for thinking that we're a bunch of retards.

I just want to state for the record that I legitimately wish no harm on Lizzo whatsoever. I genuinely like her music, it's catchy as fuck. Good As Hell, Truth Hurts, and Juice are fire.

The point wasn't to shit on Lizzo, necessarily, but to raise the question (as Chris does, in the video), is it OKAY for an obese person to wear ridiculous outfits (such as when her ass was completely exposed at a Lakers game) just because it's in the name of "body positivity," do we really have to pretend like its OKAY because someone is "fat and pround" to throw out societal standards for public behavior? Would Taylor Swift or Beyonce be allowed to wear nothing but a g-string to a Lakers game?

I want Lizzo, and everyone, to be happy with their body. That's great, but I am not sure we can pretend like being obese is ever a good thing in the long run. That will kill you a lot faster than most drugs and alcohol.

If someone is going to walk around half-naked I think they should be open to the same scrutiny whether fat, slim, whatever.
she can wear (mostly) whatever she wants provided it's within the same standard as everyone else but she better be prepared to take the verbal harass coming her way.

the truth is the eventual heart disease and diabetes coming her way will do far more damage than I ever could.

Top Bottom