• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Senate rejects full Obamacare repeal without replacement

Exile20

Remember the days when Republicans said Obama shoved the ACA through which took a year, and no one knew what was on it, even though there were many hearings?

Steel

Banned
How many more things will they be voting on in the next 48 hours?

At least two. Skinny repeal(Just get rid of mandate) and Graham-Cassidy(Allow states to decide on mandate) are definitely up. Not sure when Vote-A-Rama starts, because that'll just be chaos with both dems and reps throwing votes at the wall.

mnannola

What are the chances that Skinny Repeal passes?

Also, has any republican been able to articulate how repealing the individual mandate is going to keep premiums down and help to prevent a collapse in the market? It seems their biggest gripe with Obamacare is that it is collapsing and premiums have increased. What will Skinny Repeal do to fix those concerns?

ianpm31

Still want to point out how much a piece of shit John McCain is. While using his health benefits to the max all at the same time willing to take away 20 million peoples benefits while some die in the process. So basically a big F U

edit. I read earlier that he voted for the repeal but not I'm reading he was part of the opposition. Still a piece of shit but I take some of that back he stuck to his word

finley83

Banned
So essentially there is a small, sane contingent of Republicans who somehow place human lives above profits? Or did everyone get their hall passes confused this time around?

JCHandsom

giphy.gif

Whompa02

at least McCain stuck to his word...now we wait for the ACA to be forced out with the skinny. Bunch of assholes tho for real.

Steel

Banned
can someone explain what Skinny Repeal means?

Everything the same except no individual mandate(so more people choose to be uninsured and individual markets collapse faster). Then there's Graham-Cassidy that just let's the states decide how much they want opt-outters to pay in taxes for opting out.

sflufan

Banned
What are the chances that Skinny Repeal passes?

Also, has any republican been able to articulate how repealing the individual mandate is going to keep premiums down and help to prevent a collapse in the market? It seems their biggest gripe with Obamacare is that it is collapsing and premiums have increased. What will Skinny Repeal do to fix those concerns?

I'd say there's a 90%+ chance that Skinny Repeal passes.

As for the second part if your question: OLOLOL!

Afrodium

Banned
This one was never going to pass. Didn't they only vote on this because it was Rand Paul's condition for voting yes on the measure to proceed?

Steel

Banned
I'd say there's a 90%+ chance that Skinny Repeal passes.

As for the second part if your question: OLOLOL!

Nowhere near 90%. Murko and Collins are solid noes. Heller probably is a no. A few others may join in. Just need one rando to join those two and it's dead. At best I'd give it a 40% chance.

Kusagari

Nowhere near 90%. Murko and Collins are solid noes. Heller probably is a no. A few others may join in. Just need one rando to join those two and it's dead. At best I'd give it a 40% chance.

Heller already said today he sees no reason to vote against the skinny.

sflufan

Banned

As long as the Medicaid expansion is preserved, Murko/Collins/Heller should have very few problems voting for the bill.

Whompa02

Susan Collins continues to go against bad bills. She's been against this for months now.

Good on her.

Is this the one McCain said he wouldn't vote for?

Yes. He voted to continue the debate, but said the bill itself was bad and he'd vote no on it regardless.

As great as this is, they'll just do a "do-over" for the fifth(?) time and it'll probably pass. I don't see them stopping anytime soon.

Top Bottom