• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD Black Ops 6 requires online to play campaign.

DryvBy

prnI2tz.png

And this turned into a skip.

Edit: and this is 300GB lol

Update: it's not 300gb, that's the game journos for ya

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Won’t affect me personally but that still sucks.

Tsaki

That was probably the first thing MS mandated when they bought them. Power of the Cloud will be realized in 2024

DryvBy

Sucks but it's already gonna be like that for game pass, so doesn't really effect me.

Also, hasn't this been the case for the last couple of MW games too ?

Honestly this is the best reason to have GP imo. I hate this stuff. It's the NFT of gaming.

I'm not sure, I bought the MW2 blindly and there were several things that I wish I would have researched before.

BlackTron

Gold Member
Note it's not just an online check, but texture streaming. Personally, I'd be less disturbed if you simply needed to log in. This means you cannot fully install the game and rely not just on a connection, but also bandwidth.

DryvBy

I only buy COD for multiplayer so doesn't bother me
Right, that's why I specifically mentioned the campaign in the title. I just hate buying online only single player games. I didn't put my foot down with DLC and look at that crap now.

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Sucks to see, but this is so common these days that any "backlash" just doesn't feel as loud anymore. Would be cool to see it less, but I doubt it'll change anytime soon.

BlackTron

Gold Member
Anyone else wonder if the texture streaming is really just an antipiracy tactic? So that there is no way to just install and play the campaign

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Anyone else wonder if the texture streaming is really just an antipiracy tactic? So that there is no way to just install and play the campaign

Correct me if I'm wrong but the previous entries have also had this.

Edit: yes

Last edited:

FeralEcho

COD could return to the amazing campaigns of old and I still wouldn't buy the new ones for one simple reason....I ain't clearing up 300 GB of space just to play a 6 hour campaign.Fuck That!!!

Have some fucking respect for my time as a consumer before asking me for money.

adamsapple

COD could return to the amazing campaigns of old and I still wouldn't buy the new ones for one simple reason....I ain't clearing up 300 GB of space just to play a 6 hour campaign.Fuck That!!!

Have some fucking respect for my time as a consumer before asking me for money.

There's a lot of incorrect information being spread around. This game alone is not 300GB.

FeralEcho

There's a lot of incorrect information being spread around. This game alone is not 300GB.

Yeah but still,I still shudder at the thought of installing Modern Warfare 2019 every time I'm in the mood for it... it's like 150 gb from what I remember. And yes I know you can instal only parts of it but it's just ridiculous they don't allow the games themselves to be separate to warzone.

SenkiDala

I mean this is basically trolling to say it is over 300GB... I'm on my Xbox now and yes when you select COD BO6 for a couple of seconds it says "309GB" and then once it refreshes with just COD BO6 it says 122GB. I even took a picture.

VG "journalists" huh ? Who can't even check by themselves ?
c3C5rKA.jpeg

adamsapple

Yeah but still,I still shudder at the thought of installing Modern Warfare 2019 every time I'm in the mood for it... it's like 150 gb from what I remember. And yes I know you can instal only parts of it but it's just ridiculous they don't allow the games themselves to be separate to warzone.

I don't think you'll need to download all those, the size shown is just everything in the app. When I installed MW3 last year the dash had the option for the MW2 campaign too but I didn't need to install it to play 3.

FeralEcho

I don't think you'll need to download all those, the size shown is just everything in the app. When I installed MW3 last year the dash had the option for the MW2 campaign too but I didn't need to install it to play 3.
So you can just install the campaign for BO6? If that's the case I might finally get a COD game since MW2 Remastered. I'll wait for reviews on the campaign first but so far it looks great.

Texture streaming on top of the game being +300GB? Wild.

So let's say someone actually buys this ....in 10 years when they shut down servers you won't be able to play the game with full detail? Another reason why "online only" can burn in hell.

These fucking suits have no shame, nor do these studios who sign on for this

Hero of Spielberg

Gold Member
Bro, who doesn’t have a persistent and permanent connection to the Internet these days? Unless you are the 0.00001% who live on the woods, why does this have to an issue anymore? Time to move on.
I always imagine the people complaining about this are at their local library posting on NeoGaf on the shared computer or something

IAmRei

If they are trying yo use constant internet streaming texture, it would be a problem for short internet country : /

wipeout364

Who buys COD to play offline? Honest question, are people really paying full price to play the campaign and not play Zombies, Warzone, or Multiplayer modes? I guess this would probably be the one to buy for that scenario but honestly COD is an online game.

adamsapple

Correction: The estimated file size currently displayed on the Black Ops 6 pre-order pages does not represent the download size or disk footprint for Black Ops 6.

The sizes as shown include the full installations of Modern Warfare II, Modern Warfare III, Warzone and all relevant content packs, including all localized languages combined which is not representative of a typical player install experience.

Players will be able to download Black Ops 6 at launch without downloading any other Call of Duty titles or all of the language packs .

The actual estimation of the Black Ops 6 file size will be available closer to launch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom