• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 releases October 25, 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member
CoD-Black-Ops-Woods.jpg

According to a new report by The Verge, Activision is currently targeting a late October release for Call of Duty’s anticipated installment Black Ops 6.

October 18 would be considered mid-October. Given The Verge’s claims pointing to “late October”, this suggests that Black Ops 6 will likely drop on October 25, 2024. Insider Gaming supported this date per a new tweet from yesterday:

RagnarokIV

Fingers crossed for another good story and campaign entry. Hopefully it's up there with WaW, BO1 and Cold War, and not down there with II, III and whatever the heck IV (sorry, IIII) was.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
If its gonna be on Gamepass Ill give it a go.
Cold War "flopped" by CoD standards.....are people still excited for the Black Ops series?
Well after Modern Warfare 3 I imagine people would rather anything else.

Piggoro

After MW2 burned me with clownish cosmetics in the first month after the release, I'm not buying another CoD until they introduce "hide cosmetics" toggle in the settings. So most likely never.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Going to be hard to top MWIII but i'll be in regardless.

MW3 from last year? I think it's gonna be hard *not* to top, especially for the campaign lol. Last year's game was a glorified DLC packaged to a full price and people lapped that shit up. It's still the top 1, 2 selling game in monthly charts.

clarky

Gold Member
MW3 from last year? I think it's gonna be hard *not* to top, especially for the campaign lol. Last year's game was a glorified DLC packaged to a full price and people lapped that shit up. It's still the top 1, 2 selling game in monthly charts.
I play it every day, its great. Sure the campaign was shite but i don't play COD for that.

Its far superior to MWII.

Last edited:

BigLee74

Please be as good as Cold War, please.

I hated Vangurad when it came out, but in retrospect it was so much better than MWII and III!

MiguelItUp

I loved Blops 1&2, but they definitely lost me on the games after. I really don't know what to make of COD anymore. It's just not worth the money for the amount of game I get out of it. They're all too similar.

Nydius

Has the supposed Gulf War setting been confirmed at all?

All I know is when it was rumored that it was going to be set in/during Desert Storm, all I could imagine was my dad going batshit insane collecting those Topps Desert Storm trading cards... :LOL:

Bry0

This is why Xbox is slowly dying
I’m playing halo and forza on pc, might be able to play campaign and multiplayer for my usual couple weeks before getting bored without dropping $70, things seem great to me!

bradman

Neo Member
After MW2 burned me with clownish cosmetics in the first month after the release, I'm not buying another CoD until they introduce "hide cosmetics" toggle in the settings. So most likely never.

There's nothing better than half of the players are Cheech and/or Chong.

dano1

A Sheep
I’m playing halo and forza on pc, might be able to play campaign and multiplayer for my usual couple weeks before getting bored without dropping $70, things seem great to me!
Great for the players. But not selling many games that way.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Great for the players. But not selling many games that way.
In-game spending for these games are probably much higher than the price of the game. Also, because of in-game purchases people are probably less likely to cancel the GP sub. Idk..

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
After 1200 hours in this last COD.. Considering taking a long BREAK. Only either of two things will be able to pull me back in :

- A relaxation in the SBMM system.
- The greatest Zombie mode ever

Top Bottom