• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD Ghost on Wii U official, ported by Treyarch, 5 other Activision titles too

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Damn, guys. I had such a blast on this Double XP weekend (My first!) I'm DOUBLY stoked for Ghosts now. Still haven't cracked the SP on Blops 2, the MP is so compelling!

Same here! On my way to my first prestige on Wii U, but haven't touched the SP mode yet. Multiplayer is just too much fun for me to deviate from.

Oh, and when playing with my daughter online, it kinda sucks the other person doesn't get experience or keep unlocked gun attatchments if they're a guest under the same username. I was hoping we could unlock stuff, and level up faster. : (

Mutt

Neo Member
Same here! On my way to my first prestige on Wii U, but haven't touched the SP mode yet. Multiplayer is just too much fun for me to deviate from.

Oh, and when playing with my daughter online, it kinda sucks the other person doesn't get experience or keep unlocked gun attatchments if they're a guest under the same username. I was hoping we could unlock stuff, and level up faster. : (

It's for that reason that they don't want a secondary username with it's own attachments and levels. You could easily boost.

boyshine

Activision just replied to my question about DLC with "Unfortunately there is no additional information on that at this time". So, right now expect no DLC.

prag16

Banned
Activision just replied to my question about DLC with "Unfortunately there is no additional information on that at this time". So, right now expect no DLC.

Gamestop's site still shows the preorder bonus DLC.

Amazon has the Wii U version up now. It's the ONLY SKU that doesn't mention the DLC.

It may still be up in the air, but yeah, it's definitely safer to expect no DLC at this point.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
The twist is that, like with Batman, there's no multiplayer in the WiiU version.

(I kid! I kid! I hope...)

Finally. It makes no sense that the Wii U hasn't been getting cross-gen ports, or even multiplatform games.

Not that there have been a lot of big multiplatform titles in in the last eight months, but still.

prag16

Banned
Finally. It makes no sense that the Wii U hasn't been getting cross-gen ports, or even multiplatform games.

Not that there have been a lot of big multiplatform titles in in the last eight months, but still.

Wii U's actually getting most of the "big AAA" multiplats for the rest of the year, so that's good (yes, with the obvious and glaring exception of GTAV). Splinter Cell, Batman, Watch_Dogs, CoD, AC4. It's 2014 that Wii U owners need to be worried about as it stands... almost nothing is announced as of yet; it's not too late for that to change, but it's not promising.

test_account

XP-39C²

It cost money and takes resources to make another SKU. Many publishers havnt seen it necessary to make a WiiU version because they dont think it would make enough money.

I'm more interested in seeing how Watch_Dogs turns out on Wii U than Ghosts, but also I'm keeping fingers crossed for Destiny to make the jump, unless there's no offline single-player, then I'm probably not going to get it anyway. :p

Tripon

Wii U's actually getting most of the "big AAA" multiplats for the rest of the year, so that's good (yes, with the obvious and glaring exception of GTAV). Splinter Cell, Batman, Watch_Dogs, CoD, AC4. It's 2014 that Wii U owners need to be worried about as it stands... almost nothing is announced as of yet; it's not too late for that to change, but it's not promising.

I wonder if it makes more sense to just do an eShop only release for stuff on the Wii U for big AAA multiplat releases. Gets the game on a Nintendo console, but little worry about overshipping a title and losing valuable retail real estate.

Nintendo would probably bitch at the 3rd parties for trying that though.

Top Bottom