• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comedy Central's Inside a Trump rally video - batshit insane conspiracy theories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oppo

Do other countries deal with this sort of thing?

i'm pretty sure we basically beta tested this sort of candidate in the form of Rob Ford in Toronto.

his supporters didn't care that he was an abusive crack addict, they thought they could have a beer with him. basically halfway between Bush and Trump. and he lied all the time, obviously. they didn't care.

GPsych

There was a guy in my graduate school cohort who was/is a big republican (rare for a psych doctoral student to be conservative) and he called me all heated about how Obama had screwed over the whole country with TARP and the economic crisis. I was all, "Well, that's actually when Bush was president." His response was, "You don't think he was pulling the strings the whole time even before he was president? Everyone knew he would get elected so he was making all the decisions." What?

Mael

Fuck I'm having a really bad feeling about next years' election.
This kind of BS is par for the course for the Right these days.
We even have to deal with this with the not Extreme Right.
I envy the US in that they will soon go back to having to ignore these fuckwads.

Im suppose accept these people as valid political opposition when they're fucking idiots?

Nah son, Im done coddling stupid

Chris Porter has a great stand up routine about this. It's called Ugly and Angry. I don't think it's on YouTube, but it's on Netflix and Hulu. I highly recommended watching it.

Mael

There was a guy in my graduate school cohort who was/is a big republican (rare for a psych doctoral student to be conservative) and he called me all heated about how Obama had screwed over the whole country with TARP and the economic crisis. I was all, "Well, that's actually when Bush was president." His response was, "You don't think he was pulling the strings the whole time even before he was president? Everyone knew he would get elected so he was making all the decisions." What?

Holy shit I think I dealt with more BS conspiracy theory when I was in college than before or after.
As if we needed another proof that being in College doesn't mean you're smart...

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
QzD1x86txmNwY.gif

This woman makes my blood boil. She's so proud of her ignorance.

and these are the people minorities have to embrace and teach

That's what gets me. Literally 90% of the people on their have been alive much longer than I have and somehow still have antiquated views, yet I have to coddle them and convince them of my humanity? A woman who thinks impartial witnesses at Obama's birth on American soil is the only way she'll believe he's an American citizen somehow deserves my respect and time? Jesus H. Christ. No.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Still can't get over that guy. I like how in his world Magic Johnson is the only person with AIDS. If Bill Clinton has AIDS then he must have gotten it from Magic!

I'm actually starting to get on-board with the idea of profiling and monitoring people that Trump has put forth. Except- instead of doing it to Muslims and minorities, we should do it to his base.

GhaleonEB

Those are paid actors.

We have a neighbor a couple blocks down, who has a kid that plays with my daughter. Her parents are big Trump supporters, birthers, and one of my windows into the mentality of Trump supporters.

When Hillary won the nomination, they stocked up on meat, flashlights and batteries. The reason was, Hillary was going to "take away our meat and electricity" when she became president. Mind you, this is filtered through their 11 year old daughter. But they did actually stock up on said meat, flashlights and batteries out of terror of losing them.

No actors needed. These people are as crazy as you think they are.

I work/live in a small rural town and I work with a whole print shop full of these people, it's very sad and scary at the same time. Most of them are about 45 and up, and some are nice people, on the outside, but then they start talking and they hate Obama (because he's black -and /or muslim in their minds) and they adore Trump because he's a "republican" and on TV. And as I posted before, even the immigrants that work there, love Donald Trump. It's maddening. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone every day.

We have a neighbor a couple blocks down, who has a kid that plays with my daughter. Her parents are big Trump supporters, birthers, and one of my windows into the mentality of Trump supporters.

When Hillary won the nomination, they stocked up on meat, flashlights and batteries. The reason was, Hillary was going to "take away our meat and electricity" when she became president. Mind you, this is filtered through their 11 year old daughter. But they did actually stock up on said meat, flashlights and batteries out of terror of losing them.

No actors needed. These people are as crazy as you think they are.

I wonder if they're smart enough to realize that if Hillary takes away their electricity all the meat they have stored in their freezers will go rancid pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom