• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I wish that Batman/Elmer Fudd thing was a graphic novel or a mini-series. That idea seems way too good for just a one-shot.

So how many Venom/symbiotes plot lines are happening this Fall? You'd think they would've waited for the movie to get further before doing all this.

I'm pretty sure this story was planned way back before the movie was announced.
I know but it was delayed like a year. Just feels weird that this, Renew Your Vows, the event etc all will happen the same months. It's like announcing who will play Silver Surfer in the next FF movie and then doing a event 2-3 years before we'll even get a trailer.

I know but it was delayed like a year. Just feels weird that this, Renew Your Vows, the event etc all will happen the same months. It's like announcing who will play Silver Surfer in the next FF movie and then doing a event 2-3 years before we'll even get a trailer.

Also keep in mind Marvel Studios does not consider Venom to be an official MCU movie.

Aizo

Banned
Readin the most recent Batwoman by Greg Rucka and J.H. Williams III collection. Something I love about Kate's design overall is how she comes off as a fucking demon. Red and black and white. Just purely demonic and terrifying.

Then Kingdom Come for sure. Chuck Dixon's Nightwing run (which is being recollected and has had five volumes at this point). Most if not all of the current Rebirth stuff.

Lemire/Sorrentino Green Arrow. Milligan and Lemire's runs on Justice League Dark (the first three trades).
I actually wanted to ask her about that, too. After volume 3, Justice League Dark is not worth reading?

It was fun reading all the catch up paragraphs from the crisis events over past few pages. A lot of good memories. Though I've got to say I've read Final Crisis a couple of times now, one time with some of the tie in issues and to be honest I still only understand half of it. Think it was just a really weird story with maybe one too many obscure references.

Also another vote here for Detective Chimp. Though if you want to bring back a detective series to DC, then surely in this instance the question is also the answer ;)

f8fcd135c7355181a926fda585efe779.jpg

It was fun reading all the catch up paragraphs from the crisis events over past few pages. A lot of good memories. Though I've got to say I've read Final Crisis a couple of times now, one time with some of the tie in issues and to be honest I still only understand half of it. Think it was just a really weird story with maybe one too many obscure references.

Yeah it's way too meta to be a big event.

Also why do Marvel hate the Fantastic Four?

Yeah it's way too meta to be a big event.

Also why do Marvel hate the Fantastic Four?
Short answer: Marvel almost went under and sold movie rights to get quick cash. Fantastic Four rights are still at Fox because they've actually made movies with them every five or so years. The chairman of Marvel(who is one of Trump's few friends) hates promoting things he can't make all the money from.

Short answer: Marvel almost went under and sold movie rights to get quick cash. Fantastic Four rights are still at Fox because they've actually made movies with them every five or so years. The chairman of Marvel(who is one of Trump's few friends) hates promoting things he can't make all the money from.

Naw.

ElNarez

Banned
Detective Comics is good shit, with a promise of more good shit, and another promise of even more good shit. We're fucking lucky to have that book.

Also another vote here for Detective Chimp. Though if you want to bring back a detective series to DC, then surely in this instance the question is also the answer ;)

Give me a "spooky detective" new Shadowpact with Detective Chimp and the Question as the brains, Nightshade for the spy/infiltration stuff, and Ragman as the muscle.

Secret Weapons #1 is out today. I highly recommend checking it out.

Hmm maybe, people keep saying to check out Valiant, but the couple of times I have tried, Dr Mirage (art quite nice but the rest pretty dull) and first issues of a previous XO series and the Valiant, haven't really read anything that makes me desperate to read more.

Hmm maybe, people keep saying to check out Valiant, but the couple of times I have tried, Dr Mirage (art quite nice but the rest pretty dull) and first issues of a previous XO series and the Valiant, haven't really read anything that makes me desperate to read more.

I can understand that, for the Valiant books the first issues are really just the first chapter for the stories. The Valiant goes places and is pretty great. But you need to have read all four issues.

ElNarez

Banned
As well as being a nazi enthusiast, Ethan Van Sciver is also delivering some of his most confusing layout work in this week's Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, and that's fucked up because it ruins an otherwise great issue.

tim1138

As well as being a nazi enthusiast, Ethan Van Sciver is also delivering some of his most confusing layout work in this week's Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, and that's fucked up because it ruins an otherwise great issue.

I'm so glad EvS has nothing to do with Green Lanterns, aside from all his gross personal politics, I hate the way he draws women characters.

Top Bottom